Alec's Tavern : The Frost Blast

I've had a similar problem to Elvina, though I blame mine on huge amounts of academic reading which has sort of lessened the joy of reading for me. I would way rather play music, write or play video games than read these days. Damn you academia!

I've had a similar problem to Elvina, though I blame mine on huge amounts of academic reading which has sort of lessened the joy of reading for me. I would way rather play music, write or play video games than read these days. Damn you academia!

Yes!!! It's true, academic books can really frustrate you. I noticed that this was affecting me a lot in my, ironically enough, academic work. One needs a balance, I rarely spend a week without touching non-academic books; one must have a space to breathe from all they heavy academic reading every now and then.

Angry guy, what about my Låt den rätte kommar in? :(

Thanx for the quoting instruction, especially Elvina.
And it's interesting that you leave studies halfway through because you do the same with books. I guess it's either (1) you can't concentrate too much on something or (2) you get bored of it easily because you feel you're not getting any intellectual gain from it.

So you studied Spanish? If you want to practice your castellano just let me know :).

Maybe you should study (non-verbal) communication or something like that, dunno just came to mein Kopf (head).
About the studies yes, it can be a number of factor including those, I can be really tired and not in the mood - > lack of concentration... also the social environment as I can be really shy in a larger social setting. And at some point it just gets harder. So I stop seeing the point of it all.

I can read spanish and understand most of it. I don't know about speaking it, I have regressed to primitive/retard language in that sense... :lol: But still it would be cool to practise, because I have many words hidden in the unconscious that I understand when I hear/read them but cannot express first hand. I took about 1 year and never got through the second I think. I was in Madrid for one month 8 years ago and was at a language school. But that's some time ago... So maybe it's time to refresh the memory.. MSN or facebook style?

I don't think I can be a scientist painstakingly studying non verbal communication. I like to observe though...
Haha wassup with that writing biatch?
I don't know, just trying to be funny... or write some stupid shit just to see the reaction.. as a result of boredom.

Don't hate tha playa, hate tha game!
:lol::lol::lol: if you were studying nursing then you really are a sweet and caring dude :p
I thought that and I wanted to be. But the outcome wsas that I failed in that and sometimes I cannot help but feeling lazy, ignorant and selfish - > Evoool! :devil:. But I should try to let go of ruminating about the past.

I understand your concentration problem somewhat in reading. In recent months I've been trying to inspire myself to read and have sometimes taken like 5 books in the library and just almost finished one. + started to read a few books at the same time... only to lie them down and forget them.

R.I.P. Scott Columbus

Take from Metal Storm.

"According to a Facebook posting by former Manowar guitarist Ross "The Boss" Friedman, ex-Manowar drummer Scott Columbus passed away yesterday evening (Monday, April 4th) at the age of 54. A cause of death is still unknown at this time.

This information was later verified by Columbus' girlfriend Nancy who wrote: "For all you to know, this is Scott Columbus's girlfriend of over 3 1/3 years... and I cannot get the words out, but he died today... Please send your thoughts and prayers. I can't believe he is gone. He was the absolute love of my life."

Scott Columbus was a part of the band from 1983 until 1990, when he was eventually forced to leave the band when his son fell ill. He was replaced by Rhino for The Triumph of Steel album but returned for Louder Than Hell and remained with the band until the summer of 2008 when he was replaced once again by Rhino during Manowar's performances in Bulgaria and Magic Circle Festival."

Ok, I've run into a bit of a conundrum as of late, and I hope that you, my fellow Vacademics can help me out.
As I mentioned not too long ago, I purchased the entire back-catalogue of Hollenthon, and upon listening to With Vilest Of Worms To Dwell something struck me as rather odd. After searching for an answer for some time now (about a minute or so to be exact) without coming closer to an answer I now turn to you to ask for help.

Have they misprinted two of the song titles?
On the back, as well as inside the booklet nr. 4 is called Lords Of Bedlam, whereas the last song is called Conspirator.
What troubles me is that in the chorus of Conspirator, they keep on singing Lords of Bedlam, whereas in the song Lords Of Bedlam it is not mentioned even once...

I put my utmost faith in your combined skills to crack the shell of this nut, before I myself become one.

Don't really care about Manowar, but sad that the guy died. Quite young.

Ok, I've run into a bit of a conundrum as of late, and I hope that you, my fellow Vacademics can help me out.
As I mentioned not too long ago, I purchased the entire back-catalogue of Hollenthon, and upon listening to With Vilest Of Worms To Dwell something struck me as rather odd. After searching for an answer for some time now (about a minute or so to be exact) without coming closer to an answer I now turn to you to ask for help.

On the back, as well as inside the booklet nr. 4 is called Lords Of Bedlam, whereas the last song is called Conspirator.
What troubles me is that in the chorus of Conspirator, they keep on singing Lords of Bedlam, whereas in the song Lords Of Bedlam it is not mentioned even once...

I put my utmost faith in your combined skills to crack the shell of this nut, before I myself become one.

No. 4 is Lords of Bedlam for you? On mine it's the 3rd.
Y Draig Goch
Woe to the Defeated
Lords of Bedlam

Conspirator is the last one.

Everything seems to be fine on mine, I got it a little bit after it came out, so it's pretty much 1st press. The chorus of Conspirator says:

Mercenaries
Forgotten slain
Lords of Bedlam

The chorus for Lords of Bedlam is:
Herald of War
Exiled from light
Domination

I only heard "Lords of Bedlam" mentioned twice in "Conspirator". Don't think it's a misprint, but simply that they mention The Lords of Bedlam in the song.

And, incidentally:

Bedlam:
ORIGIN late Middle English : early form of Bethlehem, referring to the hospital of St. Mary of Bethlehem in London, used as an asylum for the insane.

I will check it in my copy, but I could have sworn that Lords of Bedlam is the third for me too. o_O

No. 4 is Lords of Bedlam for you? On mine it's the 3rd.

The chorus of Conspirator says:

Mercenaries
Forgotten slain
Lords of Bedlam

The chorus for Lords of Bedlam is:
Herald of War
Exiled from light
Domination

I only heard "Lords of Bedlam" mentioned twice in "Conspirator". Don't think it's a misprint, but simply that they mention The Lords of Bedlam in the song

I will check it in my copy, but I could have sworn that Lords of Bedlam is the third for me too. o_O

Ah, my mistake there, yes it is number 3, was a bit tired when I posted the last comment so I may have been seeing double o_O

Well, it could certainly be that they just mention the words in the other song (I mean, just look at how often Borknagar for instance recycle their titles for songs and albums...), but as seen with Mörk Nebulosa / Palissader mistakes does happen as well.
Well, anyway, thanks for your input. I had wanted to check the Hollenthon forum, but it seems like it's gone, or maybe moved to another place.

Ah, my mistake there, yes it is number 3, was a bit tired when I posted the last comment so I may have been seeing double o_O

Well, it could certainly be that they just mention the words in the other song (I mean, just look at how often Borknagar for instance recycle their titles for songs and albums...), but as seen with Mörk Nebulosa / Palissader mistakes does happen as well.
Well, anyway, thanks for your input. I had wanted to check the Hollenthon forum, but it seems like it's gone, or maybe moved to another place.

I figured you were tired or something like that :p . But your concern is understood, misprints do happen. I remember that uneXpect's IaFA was supposed to have the lyrics of the last song hidden within the booklet, but somebody forgot to do include them :p .

Haha nice, ¡gracias!

I find it hard to consider this word as a swear word. It sounds so funny and cool! :)

Tsk tsk, bloody Quebécois don't know how to speak French properly :lol: (totally kidding here, just in case haha). But it's very interesting from an etymological point of view: The church repressed so much people in Québec that people opted to use "objects of the church" (e.g. chalice, tabernacle) as insults to show their hate/disagreement towards the church.

Which is excellent.

Haha nice, ¡gracias!

Tsk tsk, bloody Quebécois don't know how to speak French properly :lol: (totally kidding here, just in case haha). But it's very interesting from an etymological point of view: The church repressed so much people in Québec that people opted to use "objects of the church" (e.g. chalice, tabernacle) as insults to show their hate/disagreement towards the church.

Which is excellent.

Yes, it's interesting to see the "influence" of religion on the curse words. I think about an italien friend of mine who keep saying all the time "porco dio!" or "dio boia"! (god the pig, god the executioner). ahah, must be very rude in a christian country!
In France around the 19e century people used to swear with "sacrebleu" or "parbleu" - I've heard that originally it was "sacre-dieu" and "par-Dieu", but it was later euphemized by replacing "Dieu" (god) by "Bleu" (blue). Now we never use these words. Maybe in a laic country it's not relevant anymore!
We prefer talking about prostitutes (putain, bordel) and of course shit (merde). How cute.

Yes, it's interesting to see the "influence" of religion on the curse words. I think about an italien friend of mine who keep saying all the time "porco dio!" or "dio boia"! (god the pig, god the executioner). ahah, must be very rude in a christian country!
In France around the 19e century people used to swear with "sacrebleu" or "parbleu" - I've heard that originally it was "sacre-dieu" and "par-Dieu", but it was later euphemized by replacing "Dieu" (god) by "Bleu" (blue). Now we never use these words. Maybe in a laic country it's not relevant anymore!
We prefer talking about prostitutes (putain, bordel) and of course shit (merde). How cute.

i confirm it! we use a lot of swear words connected with religion.
we usually have 4 kinds of swear words:
1. random curses: merda (shit) cazzo (dick) porca puttana (dirty slut)
2. catholic curses: porcoddio (swine god) madonna puttana (madonna the slut) etc
3. multietnical religious curses: cane d'allah (dog of allah) cazzo di buddha (buddha's dick)
4. poetic periphrasis: maledetto l'inquilino della croce (damn the cross' tenant = chirst)

i can proudly say that we are very artistic when it comes to swear words :)
usually religious persons don't swear too much, they try to not do it, or do it the lesser they can, but you know, it has become something that nearly everyone does.
a particular mention goes to my region, tuscany, when swear word have become a sort of art! we have been elected the most artistic folk in italy in creating new swear words, some are realy complicate and composite :lol:
it has become a sort of verbal tic, so we can put 2-3 curses into the same phrase, and no one will be surprise or scandalized :)
and a pretty signicant example is that the 2 only people who were chased away from the italian big brother (a program were there are no actors and no particullary learned person, where people usually behaves like at home, with a dialectal speaking and such) were both tuscans and they both have sweared in live broadcoast :lol:

Yeah, I still say "sacre bleu" every now and then; I find it rather funny. Although I use "putain" more nowadays. But it's fascinating to see how many insults come from religious backgrounds, I should write a book about this. Hmmm….

// urban dictionary... very useful at work... if you have to talk with commuters...

Yeah, I love Urban Dictionary, most useful to keep up to date with all the slang.

i confirm it! we use a lot of swear words connected with religion.
we usually have 4 kinds of swear words:
1. random curses: merda (shit) cazzo (dick) porca puttana (dirty slut)
2. catholic curses: porcoddio (swine god) madonna puttana (madonna the slut) etc
3. multietnical religious curses: cane d'allah (dog of allah) cazzo di buddha (buddha's dick)
4. poetic periphrasis: maledetto l'inquilino della croce (damn the cross' tenant = chirst)

i can proudly say that we are very artistic when it comes to swear words :)
usually religious persons don't swear too much, they try to not do it, or do it the lesser they can, but you know, it has become something that nearly everyone does.
a particular mention goes to my region, tuscany, when swear word have become a sort of art! we have been elected the most artistic folk in italy in creating new swear words, some are realy complicate and composite :lol:
it has become a sort of verbal tic, so we can put 2-3 curses into the same phrase, and no one will be surprise or scandalized :)
and a pretty signicant example is that the 2 only people who were chased away from the italian big brother (a program were there are no actors and no particullary learned person, where people usually behaves like at home, with a dialectal speaking and such) were both tuscans and they both have sweared in live broadcoast :lol:

Dio mio! Love them, thanks a lot!!!!! So, any examples from Toscana? I want to see them!

I don't think there are many "religious insults" in Spanish, are there actually any? Right now I can just think of "puta, mierda, me cago en todo (fuck everything, lit. I poop on everything)", so no, no religious insults. Since I like to think I use "cool" insults I usually say "Me cago en Satán" (Fuck Satan), and some people do find it offensive (e.g. my mum :lol:).