Alec's Tavern : The Frost Blast

Fucking PlasticHead won't get back to me about my Red for Fire LP. I ordered it weeks before Christmas as to avoid all the Christmas shipping shit, way before the deadlines! yet still no shipping confirmation, and now no replies to my email questioning them.

I'll email them again after new years, bastard better not be fucking me over again.

Nope. The only vinyl they ever made was for Red for Fire, if I recall.
I hate my friend Husvik, he has everything by them including their bloody Jernlov demo tape.

Also, just wondering if anyone has got any good recommendations for literature. I mean both fictional and non-fiction books, or even poets and their works. Stuff to really make me think, open my mind and actually learn something new from it. I'm just finishing a few Auto/Biographies at the moment and I want something new a bit more deep to jump into after reading about celebrities drone on about fucking shit. halp plz? Links would be appreciated too.

Also, just wondering if anyone has got any good recommendations for literature. I mean both fictional and non-fiction books, or even poets and their works. Stuff to really make me think, open my mind and actually learn something new from it. I'm just finishing a few Auto/Biographies at the moment and I want something new a bit more deep to jump into after reading about celebrities drone on about fucking shit. halp plz? Links would be appreciated too.

I have kind of a narrow reading focus, mostly non-fiction and mostly historical literature, but if you want some good history books I can recommend a few (mostly modern history, though, don't ask me about vikings). Although, off the top of my head, if you haven't read Catch-22 yet, that's something you probably want to read. =)

Rivfadír;6820319 said:
Oh, and he doesn't do non-fiction. I made a stupid typo.

Let down... I was hoping for some Neil Gaiman essays on the production of groundnuts in colonial Senegal.

I haven't read American Gods yet, but because of lack of time. I probably won't get to do any leisure reading until next August. I asked someone I met who had it on his shelf a couple of days ago and he said it was very good. Gaiman can be frustrating, though, because he's the king of anti-climax.

I can't remember any good non-fiction I've read recently... one of my favorites is King Leopold's Ghost, by Adam Hothschild (I think I mispelled it), which basically was the book that interested me in what I work on now, back when I was a wee lad in college. Another book I read that I liked a lot, which is kind of an academic book but I thought was positively brilliant, is Absolute Destruction by Isabel Hull. Holy crap, that was a good book. It's about German militarism... it's pure awesome condensed into 400 pages.