Alec's Tavern : The Frost Blast

I can actually play with my knobs and get DiGiorgio's sound! So for the past 2 days, I've been playing Vintersorg stuff over and over, drooling all over my house. :D

You should try with Borknagar too, Tyr is an awesome bassist (even more than Steve for me) .

The artificial harmonic slide and the art. harmonic chords are great techniques! see also Steve Bailey. he's the best doing that ^^

Rivfadír;6802515 said:
Not really, no. My girlfriend through a year and I broke up a little over a week ago.

I thought you got back together again? Relationships are complicated, I agree with Jan, enjoy the freedom.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol::lol::lol:

I hadn't seen it THAT way.

Well I guess SOMEONE needs a girl, huh? ;)

awesome.gif

Wow, I didn't know Falconer could sound this good, love the adaptation. Do they have it on an album, or is it just some extra stuff?

extra stuff of the lastest album "northwind", swedish edition with double cd. (also a very nice artwork, i've it on digipack).
the song is called "vårvindar viska" and has the same music theme of "tills dagen gryr" from the first album of mithotyn, but the words are changed (i don't know wich is the original traditional song)

edit: i forgot....they sound good with the old singer who has come back on this album....i hated the singer they had in the 3rd and 4th album!!!!! :puke:

lol, everyone says that! and it's absolutely right! falconer lost a lot of their atmosphere with the "new" (now old) one.

i think they had to adapt their music to his kind of voice (more power i should say)....music that was really beautiful before and perfect for mathias's amazing voice...
they lost their atmosphere of course, their folkish sound, they did a sort of distortion of their own nature that i didn't like.
i bought original cds of "falconer", "chapters from a vale forlorn" then i stopped. when i heard about the cominig back of matthias i bought the new cd without any doubt and any previous listening.

Vårvindar viska is a song I know from childhood, I don't know about Tills dagen gryr. Maybe I'd recognise it if I heard it, I don't know...

nobody knows mithotyn??? :err:
the song is the same, a little bit faster, with another text, but i'm sure the vocal line is the same!!!!!

this is the text:

Tills Dagen Gryr
Runt kring vår stuga småjävlar sluga,tassa så tyst med bockfet och svans.Varulvar yla isande kyla,sveper i dimma fantygets dans.Bäva och broder lyssna och hör,vrålen från gast som osalig dör.Döden han skrattar flaskan han fatter,svänger med den tills dagen gryr.Gastar och spoken skymtas i kröken,dodingar släpar ruttnande lik.Benrangel skramla spökhänder famla,kväver din strupes rosslande skrik.Helvetets alla fasor slåpps loss,fan rider runt med hela sin tross.Döden han skrattar flaskan han fattarsvänger med den tills dagen gryr.

nobody knows mithotyn??? :err:
the song is the same, a little bit faster, with another text, but i'm sure the vocal line is the same!!!!!

this is the text:

Tills Dagen Gryr
Runt kring vår stuga småjävlar sluga,tassa så tyst med bockfet och svans.Varulvar yla isande kyla,sveper i dimma fantygets dans.Bäva och broder lyssna och hör,vrålen från gast som osalig dör.Döden han skrattar flaskan han fatter,svänger med den tills dagen gryr.Gastar och spoken skymtas i kröken,dodingar släpar ruttnande lik.Benrangel skramla spökhänder famla,kväver din strupes rosslande skrik.Helvetets alla fasor slåpps loss,fan rider runt med hela sin tross.Döden han skrattar flaskan han fattarsvänger med den tills dagen gryr.

Ok judging from those lyrics it´s an evil version of the original song.

Unfourtunatley, I do. I have one record with them and each and every song sounds the same... so damn boring music.

They made a new power metal band called falconer with a singer who does musicials, they were probally the only power metal band I liked for a while cause he had a really good voice and it wasn't all high and cheesy.

Unfourtunatley, I do. I have one record with them and each and every song sounds the same... so damn boring music.

i think they are one of the most important bands speaking of viking metal...and maybe the first viking band i've discovered, so i feel a sort of deep bond of affection for them.

but i prefer the first album "in the sign of the ravens", more blackish and raw compared to the other ones, that sound more power and nearer to the falconer style.

i've also the cds of another side-project of stefan weinerhall, the guitarist and mastermind of both falconer and mithotyn. the band is called indungeon (with mermbers of mithotyn and thy primordial), they play a sort of war thrash metal. some nice songs, some not so much.

They made a new power metal band called falconer with a singer who does musicials, they were probally the only power metal band I liked for a while cause he had a really good voice and it wasn't all high and cheesy.

Yeah, I know this. And rest assure, I am not at all sad that I missed their performance at Sweden Rock either... :p

Perhaps Mithotyn was one of the first viking metal bands, I don't really care though. The record I own with them is called "King Of The Distant Forest" and it's just a dull mix between early Naglfar, Månegarm and Thyrfing - only 200% worse in every way compared to those bands.
This is my only refrence point of their music and I must admit that they have some good ideas once in a while (mainly some really catchy guitar melodies). But once you hear something that sound pretty cool, they manage to fuck things up by destroying that somewhat good melody. Thus, their music become really boring background music. Competent musicians, I'm sure - but what they don't deliver is good songs and that's my main course if you know what I mean... :Smug: