Alec's Tavern : The Frost Blast

Rivfadír;6930860 said:
Holy Fuck! My friend's band (Heidra) is rising real fast! They're gonna warm up for Turisas and Norther in April. How nice is that for a second concert?
That's pretty sweet!! :kickass:
Your friends are pretty good too.

Well, Norther isn't playing in Copehagen anyway. My friend was just confused, but they're still warming up for Turisas in Copenhagen. This is really cool as it's only gonna be their second gig ever.

omfg, today there was karnewal, in other countries it is known as carnival, in our town and, hehe, it was soooooooo great!!!!
gaunerin shousd know it, but maybe she doesnt like it :rofl:

in my city (Viareggio) we have carnival too, it has began the 20th of january and will finish next sunday, february the 6th. (we bring a little bit a blasphemy in a catholic country as Italy because carnival has to stop with the beginning of Lent but some years the two events intersect :lol:)
It goes on for 4 consecutive sundays including one tuesday, which is today and is called "martedi grasso", and is one of the most famous italian carnivals together with Venenzia (Venice)
i'll post some photos from years ago, as you can see floats are very big compared to people and buildings.

viareggio03.jpg

carro%20del%20carnevale%20di%20viareggio.jpg

galli_a2004.jpg

289_Carnevale_di_Viareggio_carri_allegorici.jpg

viareggio10.jpg

Francesconi.jpg

WOW!!! his is so awesome! I have to see it in real once!
This has nothing to do with our carnival. I mean, we have waggons but they are not as amazing as these once! Way smaller and often political messages on them. Oh, and we have barriers since children get trampled down by horses too often unfortunately...

In Ireland we have this thing called, Patricks day. Now I know a lot of people mightn't know about it. Basically we have the lowest budget parade, kids keep asking anyone over 18 to buy them drink, and everyone goes home drunk thinking it was an excellent day.

In Ireland we have this thing called, Patricks day. Now I know a lot of people mightn't know about it. Basically we have the lowest budget parade, kids keep asking anyone over 18 to buy them drink, and everyone goes home drunk thinking it was an excellent day.

In other words, an average day in where I live (the budget parade excluded) :lol:

on saturadys when i was 14 i usually went to pubs with friends and drank vodka!!!!
what beautiful thing is to have no laws about alcool :lol:

(the following may contain tv-derived prejuidices) has this something to do with St. Patrick's day where people go dressed in green and drunkards fight each other merrily?