Alec's Tavern : The Frost Blast

Haha, so now it's my fault! :yell: ;)
Maybe it sounds a bit strange (especially in that retarded slow version) but rest assured it is supposed to be a hard g :)

yes it's your fault :p

i was listening with the normal speed, maybe my ears don't work good, but i hear a y intead of a g :zombie:

all i want this morning is to puke :puke:
finally eluana englaro is dead....(read this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eluana_Englaro)
i hate living in a place where the church would like to have the pretence to rule the life of everyone.... i hate living in a state where most of inhabitant are retarded and think that a woman, who died 17 years ago (as a doctor said), should go on living this state of non-life..... people says that to feed a disable is not medical obstinacy, but it depends.....she wasn't able to eat anymore, she had a tube in her stomach which fed her, and if she was in that state....well, it was the medical science that put her in the state, the scientific progress, because without that progress she would have died 17 years ago..... so it's obstinacy from my point of view

since some weeks italy is in total mess, ethical and political, i'm asking why people don't do his own affair and don't let the other persons to live or die as they want!
i think it's right to have an opinion about this, but i will never understand those people who went there, made manifestations, blocked the ambulance shouting "please eluana, wake up, they want to kill you!" you idiot, who are you speaking with? her brain doesn't work anymore!

fortunatly we do have a non-retarded president of the republic who prevented berlusconi from doing a decree which will oblige eluana to be fed and live on....

I saw that on the news this morning, if she's been in a coma for 17 years without waking up i don't see the meaning with keeping her alive as a vegetable just for the sake of it. No offense but sometimes Italy seems way too stuck in old tracks, influence of the church and such things.

i was listening to 8sidor (as gaunerin adviced me)...
the world gamla was pronunced 2 times, the first as yamla (in the phrase: En del reaktorer är gamla) , the second as gamla....maybe it's an error, i don't know....that's why i was asking

http://www.8sidor.se/?page=55&articleid=8786&category=2

G is definitely never pronounced with a y sound is all i know :)

No offense but sometimes Italy seems way too stuck in old tracks, influence of the church and such things.

this is exaclty what i was complaining of!!!!!!!

G is definitely never pronounced with a y sound is all i know :)

but this i what thidrek said...i trust him :lol:
call it i,j,y whatever you want....for me it's an "i" but not for english speakers

This is off the Swedish-language track, but I'm getting really excited to get the engagement ring for my girl! It should be ready in a couple of days. I won't see her until next month, and I'm having a hard time keeping a secret. I hope she doesn't happen to see this post....

This is off the Swedish-language track, but I'm getting really excited to get the engagement ring for my girl! It should be ready in a couple of days. I won't see her until next month, and I'm having a hard time keeping a secret. I hope she doesn't happen to see this post....

Congrats! :) Hopefully she won't specifically visit Vintersorg's page at UM Forum :lol: .

Here is the Screamfest interview translation I promised some time ago. Sorry it took so long.

Hammartid interviews Øystein and Andreas from Borknagar

This is not a word by word translation, I removed parts I saw as unimportant, and changed some of the wording.

Helle = The interviewer
Roy = The cameraman
Ø = Øystein G. Brun
V = Vintersorg ( Andreas Hedlund)

PART 1:
-Øystein and Andreas introduces themselves

-Helle: Why did you quit Molested?
Ø: I was more interested in making melodic music. Molested was in an
extremely intense period where we practised every other day for four years, no matter if it was Christmas
or whatever, and it made the band burn out of energy. Also the relationship with the label wasn't all great
since they went bankrupt. The drummer was headed for the army.

-Helle: How did you gather the all-star team that was the first Borknagar line-up?
Ø: In those times everyone in the metal scene knew each other. The other guys thought the Borknagar concept
was a new angle to view the black metal genre. Infernus picked up the phone and called a guy called
Garred in Malicious Records and got a deal in 3 minutes.

-Helle: How does having changed vocalists so many times affect the band?
Ø: Borknagar has a soul that persists no matter who plays in the band, but every band member is important.
A piece of Borknagars trademark is progression and change.
V: When I joined Borknagar I wanted to be a mix of Garm and Vortex, but I eventually
figured that he shouldn't think about the past. Progression should not just be there for the sake of
progression, but because you feel inspired.
Ø: We have never done this to make money, it's fun to get great response, but the intention has always been to
make great music so.. so.. I've forgotten what the question was.

- Helle: Are you afraid that Borknagar gets mixed up with Vintersorg (the band) they have the same vocalist?
Ø: I think Borknagar has a expression that is very unique. But, I can't separate Swedish pop music, so some might think that
our music sounds like the same band. We write music in a quite different way, even though we have a lot in common as well.

-Helle: Why did you choose to sign with Indie Recordings?
Ø: Ever since the '90s everyone was dreaming about having a Norwegian label where you could just walk down the street and
have a meeting with them, instead of using fax and mail and not knowing quite where you have the label.
V: My band is still signed with Napalm Records in Germany, and it is a bit different. There are some misunderstandings now and then.

END OF PART 1.

PART 2:
Ø: Also, the offer from Indie was really good. Century Media was an OK label, but we needed something new.

-Helle: What do you think is positive or negative about Norwegian metal nowadays:
Ø: Today with the internet a band can get itself known very easily. When we started up we had to send demos to the Philippines,
and we really needed to work hard to get heard. Now, you can just put a song on Youtube and if you're lucky you have a label.
Also, the metal industry has become a bit too much of a buisness, and you can draw a few comparisons to the pop industry.
V: Yeah, Borknagar is not a business, it's a work of art that you don't do because of trends. One does it with heart and soul.
Ø: It's all about the music. I don't even care much about tours, I've never felt like an entertainer.

-Helle: Do you think there will come new "icons" to the genre, considering how fast bands seem to fade away these days:
Ø: Not in this genre, not like before, maybe. I've noticed that our popularity goes up and down, but our name is always there.
Even if we sit on our asses and don't do anything for four years, we still get weekly requests to do tours
V: Its like with progrock. I have bands I regard with "icon status" even 40 years after their albums was released, and I have
a hard time imagining that the bands of today will have that kind of status in 40 years.
We'll never get a new Metallica or Iron Maiden, that draws 100 000 to a stadium.
Ø: Dimmu Borgir has kind of made it big, but I think it's really hard to do it in this black metal niche

-Helle: What do you think of Screamfest:
Ø: It's fun. For us it's great to meet the other members, we're spread across Bergen, Oslo and Sweden. The gig today has been a
strange thing. A few hours ago I got an SMS from Lars saying that he was at the hospital getting a son. So today we'll play without
synth, that's going to be exciting. We'll turn up the volume and play a bit faster.

-Helle: What's the new CD, "For the elements"?
V: It has songs from all of Borknagars history.
Ø: It is a "Best of" album, and it is almost a bit embarrassing.

END OF PART 2.

PART 3:
Ø: It does in a way confirm that we've been around a few year.It felt right, and it kind of closed a chapter for us with Century Media.

- Helle: But you're also releasing a new record?
Ø: Yes.

-Helle: Do you manage to practice, when you (Vintersorg) live in northern Sweden?
Ø: We don't really practice. Just before gigs. We work alot online, sending stuff to each other.
V: We have families so, we can't travel around that much.

-Helle: This is the last concert with Asgeir on drums, isn't it? What's up with that?
Ø: Not much, other than that he's quitting?
-Helle: Do you have anyone new in sight?
Ø: Yes, we have a guy named Dave Kinkade from USA. We chose the guy with the most talent. He's been a fan of the band many years.
-Roy: How did you come in contact with him?
Ø: He actually contacted us on MySpace. A lot of guys contacted us when we announced that Asgeir was leaving. Like this typical
German black metal guy, we were like "Ehh, that might have been cool 20 years ago".
V: We're pretty much an internet band.
Ø: Yeah, it is a paradox. We're all about the nature and the four elements, and then we're completely dependent on the web.

-Helle: Yeah, all right, that was pretty much what I had. Unless you have something. (Looks to the guy behind the camera)
-Helle: Okay, then I'd like to ask you to make a jingle for me. Just say the name of the radio show, your name and your bands name.
-Roy: Oh, by the way, what does Borknagar mean?
Ø: I've gotten that question since 1995. It doesn't mean anything. It's made up. I was a bit inspired by a tale about a
mountain called Loch Nagar, then I switched it up a bit. I can go into a long philosophical speech about why, but not now.
We wanted a name that you don't relate to anything. Like Rotting Christ, they have had a serious commercial problem, they have
been denied to do stuff they wanted to do because of their name.
V: With a name like Borknagar, you can play any type of music. If we were called Infernal Curse, it would be weird to play an
album like Origin.

Then they do the jingle:
"Hello, this is Øystein Brun from Borknagar, you're listening to Hammartid."
"This is Vintersorg from Borknagar, you're listening to Hammartid"

3rd messagge of mine :p

today it's a mourning day for italy...a violent earthquake stroke the city of L'Aquila, in the centre of the peninsula, causing till now 50 deaths, and maybe more...
entire buildings have been destroyed, part of the streets has sunken, and the center of the city have totally collapsed. i'm shivering seeing all this photos and watching the news at the tv, hour after hour the death's budget is growing.....
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30061140/

edit: 2.45 pm. found 92 dead people under the ruins

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

15.JPG

19.JPG

21.JPG

22.JPG
]