Alec's Tavern : The Frost Blast

found this photo on the net, sorry it was quite dark, i tried to adjust it, but i don't have a proper program here at work...
anyway looking at the picture i discovered that the guy on the back was andreas....
but he looked quite strange at the first sight..
then thinking about it a little time i discovered why...
HE IS SMILING :OMG: :lol::lol::lol:
i think it's only the second or third photo i see where he is smiling....he seem to be always sad or very angry :lol:

By lefay

for norwegian/swedish speakers, i found this interview on you tube...
it might be interesting....

i have tried to listen to it, but i have understood more or less 50 words in 30 minutes of interview :oops: obiouvsly 50 words including conjunctions :lol:

someone who does a brief summary? :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I could only be bother watching 45 seconds... and all that was said therein was that Oystein plays the guitar and writes the music, and Andreas write the lyrics and sings! I'm way too tired/drunk to listen any more.

@ya'll complaining about snow and cold, I know I'd rather that than the 43ºC forecast here tomorrow!

Interesting interview, but the interviewer seemed a bit uninterested.

My thoughts exactly! There were a couple of good questions (aside from the oh-so-orginal Q at the end; what does Borknagar mean? *sigh*), but it was painful to watch just because she seemed so damned uninterested and looked more into the camera than on the guys she was talking to.
Nice to actually hear the guys talk though. Thanks for posting this :kickass:

Yeah, thanks for the links lefay. Although I am in a hurry now and only had a brief look at the first part. Does Andreas get to talk more in the other two? Because he's the only one I can understand well. Öystein and that interviewer are giving me a hard time. Not sure if I am going to grow with the job :(

Yeah, thanks for the links lefay. Although I am in a hurry now and only had a brief look at the first part. Does Andreas get to talk more in the other two? Because he's the only one I can understand well. Öystein and that interviewer are giving me a hard time. Not sure if I am going to grow with the job :(

no... he speaks very little for all the interview :Smug:
the three seem to understand each other very well in spite of the language....

i still don't know which is the right pronunciation for vintersorg, i thought it was vintersòri (stress on the last o) but oystein says vintersor and the girl calls him vintersorì (stress on the last vowel) :err::confused:

^ Ah well we'd have to ask Mr.V about that. The way he pronounces wuld be the "official" one, but since there are so many ways to say it you can say it however you want.

I thought everyone had seen the interview, I already saw it before :p . Next time I'll post the links hehe. Can someone translate a bit, please?

And yes, the girls looks uninterested, or at least she doesn't seem to know the band very much.

Ah ok so that's Steve, I have only seen like three pictures of him, that guy is an excellent player. A real inspiration to be honest (I play bass too).

Interesting interview, but the interviewer seemed a bit uninterested.

I like these.

I can't understand a damn word that anyone's saying at all, but it's neat to hear how Norwegian and Swedish are spoken by normal people (or as normal as black metal musicians are going to get), as opposed to radio announcer Norwegian/Swedish.

^ Ah well we'd have to ask Mr.V about that. The way he pronounces wuld be the "official" one, but since there are so many ways to say it you can say it however you want.

I thought everyone had seen the interview, I already saw it before :p . Next time I'll post the links hehe. Can someone translate a bit, please?

And yes, the girls looks uninterested, or at least she doesn't seem to know the band very much.

Ah ok so that's Steve, I have only seen like three pictures of him, that guy is an excellent player. A real inspiration to be honest (I play bass too).

i remember of steve 'cause a saw him live with sadus and had the chance to speak a little with him...really a nice guy.....the funny thing is that he brought a friend of mine to meet his manager cause he claimed he looked exactly like the manager's brother :lol:
he's amazing, i could not believe when i saw him live....i saw him also with testament two or three times, i don't remember exactly.... i'm starting to loose the count of the concerts i've gone :rolleyes:

and....yesterday i discovered that wolves in the throne room will play near to my city next wednesday, only 30 minute by car....what a surprise :)
i'm still uncertain if i'm going to see samael this night, they play quite near, 'bout 45 minutes, the fact is that i have seen them the 18th january, together with deicide, vader and devian, and maybe is better that i save up money for more interesting, or never seen, concerts :oops:

i'm still uncertain if i'm going to see samael this night, they play quite near, 'bout 45 minutes, the fact is that i have seen them the 18th january, together with deicide, vader and devian, and maybe is better that i save up money for more interesting, or never seen, concerts :oops:

forget what i've said just some hours ago :lol:
i'm going :rolleyes:

The "g" is spoken like "y" in "yet" and thus is no vowel after all. And the "s" merges with the "r" to "sh"-ish sound. In fact this sound is produced by putting your tongue behind that "dam" behind your teeth (know what I mean? :rofl:) and then trying to speak "s". So in the end it's more like "vinteshorj".

thanx for explanations, everybody !!!

yes i know the sh sound, we have a similar sound in italian like in the word "scivolo"

i believed that the g had a soft sound if at the end of the word and if followed by a soft vowel , like e or ä, in words like genom, gärna.....
but i found a soft g also before an A like in gamla, listening to an audio file....
so why???

woke up since few minutes :yawn:
i was checking photos from yesterday night, i've just found one that i like in particular!