Alec's Tavern : The Frost Blast

Has this song anything to do with the 'Carmina Burana'?

I used to be a big In Extremo fan but they changed and I still can only listen to their records until "Sünder ohne Zügel". They changed in a way I don't like... :/
But I am tired of all those bagpiping stuff. You have to see: In Germany renaissance faires are incredibly popular (though not very authentic :p) and I enjoy visiting them, too. BUT: There are SO MANY of those bagpipe + drums bands out there. Omfg. And they all sound the same and all play the same 'traditional' songs (I suppose a lot is balkan stuff, but I'm not quite sure). That really bores me. Lude + singing would be far more realistic, but tell them...

i don't think so, but i'm not sure.
carmina burana were written in latin if i'm not wrong, while the song is in italian, with the exception of the phrase "in vino veritas" that means "in wine (there's) the truth". this was an old latin phrase, a sort of proverb, which refers to the fact that it's hard to lie when you're drunk, you can find the real truth and the essence of a person only when he's drunk, and also to the fact that you've more courage to do and say things you probably wouldn't do or say while sober

i did like in extremo too in the past, but i don't like to direction they have chosen . i think they have became too heavy and rought and they use too modern sounds for the kind of genre they do.
i know that there're so many bagpipes-groups by now, but in the past was different. some years ago, i mean 7 or 8 years ago, the situation was different. now the folk genre has spread his wings and is well known everywhere (somewhere better, somewhere worse), but i remember that if i spoke of in extremo, or haggard nobody knew what i was speaking of.
i remember i was so excited to see both groups at wacken open air (2001 and 2002) because i was sure that none of them would ever come italy. in extremo still doesn't, haggard came for the first time in 2006 after the spreading of the folk genre in italy (even if they're not what we can exactly call folk).

Hey Draugen, you're out and about aren't you? :)
Was surfing EBay, searching for vintersorg stuff when THIS baby showed up. Hope the bands doing good!

Yeah, I've seen that a couple of times myself. The band is doing....good I guess :p We're heading for the studio sometime this month so that shoul be good. Haven't gotten that feeling that "we're about to record our first full-length" yet, but I'm sure it's coming.
BTW, Dia Psalma is playing in my hometown (Karlshamn) on saturday :kickass:

Ah, wish I could go but I'm busy at that time. Oh well, saw them both in Malmö and Kristianstad about a month ago, so I guess that will have to do for now....:cry:

Congrats about the band though! You got a record deal, or is it something you're sponsoring yourselves? :kickass:

Ah, wish I could go but I'm busy at that time. Oh well, saw them both in Malmö and Kristianstad about a month ago, so I guess that will have to do for now....:cry:

Congrats about the band though! You got a record deal, or is it something you're sponsoring yourselves? :kickass:

Heh, yeah I know. I will see them at Peace & Love later this summer as well.

Yes, we have a contract with a small label from Skåne called Unexploded Records.

Finally bought some Vintersorg. Cosmic Genesis is kicking my ass right now. Vintersorg has been on my radar of bands to listen to for a couple of years and I finally got around to it.

Which CD should I get next?-Leaning towards Solens Rotter.

Finally bought some Vintersorg. Cosmic Genesis is kicking my ass right now. Vintersorg has been on my radar of bands to listen to for a couple of years and I finally got around to it.

Welcome to the forum!
Since you're already leaning towards Solens Rötter - pick it up!

Thanks for the welcome. It is very cool to find a metal band composing music with similar themes to what I explore in my electronica.

:kickass:

Hey!
Well, Solens Rötter is definitely a fine album, no doubt about it! But since you started out with Cosmic Genesis, I would say you might want to explore Visions From The Spiral Genrator and even more so The Focusing Blur. As they are both more clearly into the experimental side of things (in my mind) this might be to your liking...

ahahahah you're right!
i've only seen the movie, but it was fucking amusing :)

(what the fuck has happened to the emoticons on the right?)