Alec's Tavern : The Frost Blast

30 degrees in the shade
35 degrees under the sun...

this cannot be real.... it's only may! :loco:
i don't fucking live on the equator line.... :devil:

wasn't it that the global warming was a spoof story, and the icecaps went big as in the 70thies? this is what scientists said recently :Smug:

30 degrees in the shade

wasn't it that the global warming was a spoof story, and the icecaps went big as in the 70thies? this is what scientists said recently :Smug:

Here it's autumn and we have 30° and I'm now not so far from the south pole ¬¬

30 degrees in the shade

Here it's autumn, we have 30° and I'm now not so far from the south pole ¬¬

30 degrees in the shade

Actually it's been quite "cold" here. And yes global warming is real. There's a thread about it in the Borknagar forum, it's called something like "save the planet!!!" :) .

Spring and Autumn are the best seasons. Where I live there is barely any snow at all (sometimes in January but seldom in December) so winter is just cold. Summer is way too hot for me.

Spring and Autumn are the best seasons. Where I live there is barely any snow at all (sometimes in January but seldom in December) so winter is just cold. Summer is way too hot for me.

i agree with you.
summer is too hot here, and winter, well, not so cold, but there's a lot of humidity in the air, and when the temperature reaches the zero your bones freeze.
autumn and spring are the best seasons, for climate and nature's colours.

Well, Summer here is way too hot, for me anyway. Some people like it. Regularly 30C +, with the Summer just gone getting to temperatures as high as 48C. Winters here aren't all that cold, well, in comparison to the places a lot of you live, anyway. The lowest maximum temperature we have to put up with hovers around 10C, and it can get around 0 in the mornings, but not too regularly.

I like Winter best.

I remember the strange feeling when I was at school, not so long ago/way back from now... (? - how I perceive it, it depends on my mood : P)

The morning... It could be the middle of the night as well. All frostbitten and silent. Snow flakes glittering in the harsh, yellowish glow of the streetlights. The buses hovering through the fresh snow, nearly empty - just with a few others bound with some secret post-apocalyptic mission. Half-awake, stalking through the shadows... I started classes when the sun was about to set, in the dungeon-like classroom filled with artificial lights and observed the first sunrays flaming up the frost on the trees outside... All shiny and mystical while we had to stay in that prison-like monastery of knowledge, cut-off from the world outside, celebrating some strange rituals of mathematics or biochemistry...

And afternoon, or should I say - in the late evening, when the light was dying in agony and silent darkness was regaining it's domain...
When I walked out of school I end up in the same snowy night, like the day was some temporal phenomenon like, for example, rain or rainbow and the night was everlasting...

Ahh, sorry for that blabbering lol

I remember the strange feeling when I was at school, not so long ago/way back from now... (? - how I perceive it, it depends on my mood : P)

The morning... It could be the middle of the night as well. All frostbitten and silent. Snow flakes glittering in the harsh, yellowish glow of the streetlights. The buses hovering through the fresh snow, nearly empty - just with a few others bound with some secret post-apocalyptic mission. Half-awake, stalking through the shadows... I started classes when the sun was about to set, in the dungeon-like classroom filled with artificial lights and observed the first sunrays flaming up the frost on the trees outside... All shiny and mystical while we had to stay in that prison-like monastery of knowledge, cut-off from the world outside, celebrating some strange rituals of mathematics or biochemistry...

And afternoon, or should I say - in the late evening, when the light was dying in agony and silent darkness was regaining it's domain...
When I walked out of school I end up in the same snowy night, like the day was some temporal phenomenon like, for example, rain or rainbow and the night was everlasting...

Ahh, sorry for that blabbering lol

nice babblering instead :)

here is the opposite on summer.
it's strange because you see some places in full sunlight, while you're used to see them by night, like if you go to the pub, or to the restaurant, or you drive to a concert, and there's still a lot of light, and it's about 9, 9.30 in the evening! and everything looks different, and you discover things you've never seen before, cause you walked or drove those streets with no light during winter (i mean not with a natural light)
and at morning, at 6 o'clock, you are awaken by the sunrays (and by the heat) and you sadly cannot sleep anymore! :Smug:

the situation is getting worse, today when i opened my car (which was under the sun) the thermometer pointed at 38 degrees, when i started to drive "only" 34 degrees :zombie:

It's GORGEOUS here right now. It was in the low 60s (F) during the daytime and right now it's in the 50s. The sun was out but you could barely feel it, clear skies. I went for a run along gorges, since I live on the main street that crosses the hill that leads to Cornell's campus (Cornell being the school I go to). I ran for like... 45 minutes with only two short stops, and I bumped into a buddy and ran some more. On days like that I can run for hours, you don't need water or anything, and just looking down at the lake from the bridges is really awesome. I wish this town wasn't so isolated geographically, but it wouldn't be so beautiful if it were nearer to the coast. Upstate NY is quite pretty, especially in the summer.

I still prefer the winter. I don't like the coldest days, but it just feels more comfortable and people dress really pretty in fashionable winter clothing! I'm still wearing a black hoodie half the time, though.

Seattle is hot (80's) and sunny. No one nows how to cope. It's hysterical.

I also managed to pick up some suntan lotion for the summer, so I'm set.