Alec's Tavern : The Frost Blast

I had that confusion, too. In like 2001 I saw Kovenant play at the House of Blues in Chicago, and I thought it was another band. But I hear the singer start up, and I was like, wtf, wait, that's Nagash. And then I was astonished by the fucking shitty set. There were like 4-5 people in front of the stage. That was it. Everyone was waiting for the Haunted and Moonspell to come on.

After the last song Nagash said FUCK YOU and flipped off the venue. Only a few people saw him do it. It was pretty funny.

Sad to read that :ill:, Nagash really is a talented musician, and even if I don't like all their albums (The Kovenant), I admire Nagash for all the good stuff that he did with Troll & Dimmu B. and Nexus Polaris is of course one of my favorite albums!

Well, I don't have a job, but I have a thesis to write. Which means that I don't have weekends as well.

Ahmmm, I mean... Kind of.
Luckily I'm portuguese, which means that I don't care. So, I have weekends anyway. :lol:

yes, but you can have your weekends if you want....i can't :cry:

yes, but you can have your weekends if you want....i can't :cry:

Yeah I don't have my weekends either, actually on Saturday I go to classes from 7 to 17:30, non-stop :erk: .

And I am really, truly fucking pissed off right now.

I got my feedback from my thesis, and even though I got an OK grade, I am mad. Really mad. Why? Because the people who are correcting my thesis don't know what the bloody hell they're talking about!!!!

They tell me I don't write in British English and that I am not consistent with my style, i.e. I switch between British and U.S. English. They point out the British parts, but do they tell me which parts were written in U.S. English? You guessed, nay. I am very mad with this, it had been going on for too long and I'm sick of it, today I will say what I think. These people don't even know what British English is, and they dare to correct me! Incredible!

I am also angry because they say that I don't use the MLA in a correct way, but they're wrong because they're using the 6th edition, and I'm using the 7th!

They point out a bunch of things to be corrected, but they don't tell me how to correct them! Fuck, I just want to graduate and finish this bloody master's. Everything was great until I started my thesis, these people are not really prepared to handle this sort of things. And I will tell them so.

AHHHHHHHH!

Sometimes I just want to go and do the U.S. thing and go and kill all of them :p . But I won't hehe, they're not worth it. I'd rather humiliate them publicly or something like that, much more rewarding I say :lol: .

awwwww !! stress is no good! :cry: hugs to Lefay & Defiance
petting.gif

Come to Portugal, I will pay you guys a beer or 5.

@Lefay, I'm sorry for your situation. I guess it will be better when you finish. Try to think of that as a challenge; if you can survive 70 days without a weekend, I will have HUGE respect for your perseverence (not that you care or anything :lol: ).

@Defiance, there's only one thing I can say: I feel you mate!! I'm having the same problems with english on my thesis, but I think my tutor doesn't even know that people actually speak english in England. Try to write "bollocks" sometimes on your thesis, maybe they will like it. And may explaining some theories about cups of tea can help as well.

@Defiance, there's only one thing I can say: I feel you mate!! I'm having the same problems with english on my thesis, but I think my tutor doesn't even know that people actually speak english in England. Try to write "bollocks" sometimes on your thesis, maybe they will like it. And may explaining some theories about cups of tea can help as well.

And randomly quote Doctor Who. They'll love that!

what kind of job requires 70 days of work without weekends anyway? :ill: aren't there any laws that say you're not allowed to have a more than 40 hour working time a week, or something like that? or does your week total not exceed 40 hours? anyway, this does sound very unhealthy...:ill:

awwwww !! stress is no good! :cry: hugs to Lefay & Defiance
petting.gif

thanks for the support :)

Come to Portugal, I will pay you guys a beer or 5.

@Lefay, I'm sorry for your situation. I guess it will be better when you finish. Try to think of that as a challenge; if you can survive 70 days without a weekend, I will have HUGE respect for your perseverence (not that you care or anything :lol: ).

the problem are not those 70 days of work....really...
the problem are the previous 200 days of work i did without any pause!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:
i gained more than your respect....i'm a fucking SUPER-HERO uahahauah :lol:

what kind of job requires 70 days of work without weekends anyway? :ill: aren't there any laws that say you're not allowed to have a more than 40 hour working time a week, or something like that? or does your week total not exceed 40 hours? anyway, this does sound very unhealthy...:ill:

yes there are laws if you work as a subordinate. but if you work as a collaborator as i am in your family's hotel it's really different. i could work 24 hours per day and nobody will say nothing to me, 'cause i'm not forced to do this.
but of course reality is heavy. i'm not forced that's right, but this is a work that gives no rest, you cannot just close at 6 pm and go home, you have to stay open all day and put your life in a closet. this is necessary for the hottest months of the year (generally from may to september) , when turism is really active, i live on the sea, so during winter there's nothing interesting to do here.
but this year there has been a good occasion to work with some people who are in my city for their job and need to sleep and eat, and sadly we could not refuse. :erk: damn money!!!!

awwwww! :cry: i'm sorry to hear that, you're really a Super Hero
petting.gif
i cannot stand even the slightest stress, i cannot stand people giving orders, that's why i went self employed and even if i earn barely enough to pay my bills, i can decide myself how much i work a day, when i get up and when i go to bed, and when my weekends are, if at all, and i'm fckin happy to be poor but free as i am! I think i would have a burnout after a week of your job :cry: hope you'll get a break soon!
petting.gif

awwwww! :cry: i'm sorry to hear that, you're really a Super Hero
petting.gif
i cannot stand even the slightest stress, i cannot stand people giving orders, that's why i went self employed and even if i earn barely enough to pay my bills, i can decide myself how much i work a day, when i get up and when i go to bed, and when my weekends are, if at all, and i'm fckin happy to be poor but free as i am! I think i would have a burnout after a week of your job :cry: hope you'll get a break soon!
petting.gif

the sad thing is that we are not working to become rich....we are just working to survive.
here everything is so fucking expensive.
we have tons of stupid taxes that strangle the economy and companies.
it's unbearable. we have to pay for everything. taxes to have TVs in rooms, taxes for the trash, taxes for sunshades, is it possible that we have to pay taxes to have sunshades on OUR fucking facade? taxes for public ground if we want to put tables and chairs or flower outside the hotel, and milions of other stupid taxes. we have to pay something like 2000 € each year for ICI which is the tax of ownership of a immovable property :zombie:. and let's not speak about succession's taxes we had to pay this year because my granfather died last year and left us the hotel....i'm going maaaaad!!!!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :yell::yuk::err:

Hahaha yeah!!! The thing is that I'm bilingual, so I know more English than these people. Their English is good of course, but they'll never reach my level or of a native one. And they dare to correct me? Ahhh bollocks, bloody hell!
Tea!

:lol:

And randomly quote Doctor Who. They'll love that!

Of course! :p

the sad thing is that we are not working to become rich....we are just working to survive.
here everything is so fucking expensive.
we have tons of stupid taxes that strangle the economy and companies.
it's unbearable. we have to pay for everything. taxes to have TVs in rooms, taxes for the trash, taxes for sunshades, is it possible that we have to pay taxes to have sunshades on OUR fucking facade? taxes for public ground if we want to put tables and chairs or flower outside the hotel, and milions of other stupid taxes. we have to pay something like 2000 € each year for ICI which is the tax of ownership of a immovable property :zombie:. and let's not speak about succession's taxes we had to pay this year because my granfather died last year and left us the hotel....i'm going maaaaad!!!!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :yell::yuk::err:

I guess that the crisis is not really helping you, is it? How about selling the hotel? Do you have any extra/other income?

I cannot imagine what it is to work so much, you are really a strong woman and deserve praise for that.

Three cheers to Lefay! :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

*hugs*

Sad to read that :ill:, Nagash really is a talented musician, and even if I don't like all their albums (The Kovenant), I admire Nagash for all the good stuff that he did with Troll & Dimmu B. and Nexus Polaris is of course one of my favorite albums!

Nexus Polaris is one of my favorite albums ever. It was pretty disappointing to have seen that myself; I was one of half a dozen people who recognized him at that show. Half a dozen people...

At any rate, I'm tired, too. Everything hurts! Reading, writing, running... I want to take a vacation.

Nexus Polaris is one of my favorite albums ever. It was pretty disappointing to have seen that myself; I was one of half a dozen people who recognized him at that show. Half a dozen people...

At any rate, I'm tired, too. Everything hurts! Reading, writing, running... I want to take a vacation.

Yeah me too, I need one, this year has been quite tiring, more than any in my life I'd say :ill: .

Anyhow, I told the woman about my complain about the British stuff. I literally told her: "How can you correct me if you don't even know how to write in British English? You can't do that", but in a very serious and angry way. I think the message went through, then again she told me to write on my thesis:
This thesis is written in British English because of my cultural background and yada yada yada crap crap crap bullshit bullshit crap.

I'm not going to write that load of crap, it's a lack of seriousness IMO. If they bring this up again I will have to take this to higher authorities, wahoo? :Smokin:

I guess that the crisis is not really helping you, is it? How about selling the hotel? Do you have any extra/other income?

I cannot imagine what it is to work so much, you are really a strong woman and deserve praise for that.

Three cheers to Lefay! :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

*hugs*

no, it isn't helping :yell:
people have less money and travel lesser.
i don't think to sell is a good idea. first of all it's BAD idea to sell now, because of the crisis.
and second of course the property worths a lot (well i don't know exactly but a suppose a pair of millions of euros) but then? what will i do? i mean, it has been 6 years i'm buried in here, and i can do well what i do. it's a sort of love-hate relationship with my job :lol:
really those money, which seems to be sooo much, they will not last for so much considering how expensive is life....so i will need to find another job, maybe worse? i don't know....
it's has been an hard period to me, and the idea of a changing frightens me a little bit.
my life it's a catastrophe since some time...i really don't know where i find the strenght to go on and never give up. my family has been nearly erased in 14 months, and sometimes everything seems to go in the wrong way....i really don't know what i still deserve to undergo....maybe a radioactiove meteorite will land in my garden one day :lol: i really cannot imagine a more apocalyptic scenary that this :lol:
but somehow i still find the wish to laught and live....yes maybe i'm stronger then i suppose :)
LIFE WINS :headbang:

LIFE WINS :headbang:

Great attitude.I guess you don't need any advices from us. You're the one who can give us advices for our lives.

Well, maybe not for me. I'm portuguese and I don't care about anything. :lol:

If they bring this up again I will have to take this to higher authorities, wahoo? :Smokin:

By "higher authorities" you mean something like stabbing?
I'm a "knives guy", if you need any tips. :lol:

to break a negative wave a little: it's my birthday today! ^^ :D and though it's not as fun as it would have been if i went to Opeth which are playing somewhere near me right now, it's ok :) always look on the bright side of life!

happy birthday zina, for the second time :)
(well technically it's already thursday in our time zone :oops:)