Alec's Tavern : The Frost Blast

yes teacher!!!!! :worship:blush:

:kickass:

We've got a new Government :(

New? Didn't Merkel win again? I would love to hear the native's insight on this topic :) .

The Applied Linguistics congress was excellent (that's why I didn't post much in the last days), there was a massive improvement compared to the last one. I met a lot of PhDs that inspired me a lot, I must admit I had lots of fun.

I presented a lecture on Processing Instruction (PI) with my "boss" (i.e. former professor of the course) and two other classmates, and there I say, we did an excellent job. I was quite nervous at first and it obviously showed. Hehehe I was sweating so much and I could barely see anything, my eyes (glasses?) for some reason got a lot of moisture :lol: . Anyhow, I say that the best conferences (or anything, in general) are the ones in which people have lots of questions and criticisms; the good thing was that we could reply and counter all. There was actually a women from the Ministry of Education and invited us to do a PI workshop in Guanacaste (a province), so I'm quite happy.

I have the DVD of the conference, I haven't seen it but maybe I can send it to someone, if someone is interested.

Merkel won again, but with a centre right coalition this time... I don't mind her but she's pretty buddy buddy with Putin nowadays. Which makes me a little ill. I don't like macho insecure mass murderers. No clue about the particulars of German politics, but pro-Russia Germany + pro-USA France = world is getting zany. Big loser? East-Central Europe. ^_^

@the two ladies. I have no idea what those dimensions you guys were talking about are, because I live in the US and don't use those silly "grams" to measure weight. I'm 5'8 146 lbs, which is pretty Spartan.

Also, I bought fucking Blodhemn finally. Did you know I had everything Enslaved has released except this album, and I didn't even know it existed? What the fuck? Eye for mimir is my favorite song ever already and I've had it for a week.

how can you live using that infernal way of measuring???
i had to google :lol:
5,8 seems to corrispond to 1,72/1.73
so i think i'm about 5.7 or 5.6
but i'm not sure :lol: it's so complicate :cry:

and you should weight 66 kg, are you a man?
if yes you're not so spartan, i think you're normal

how can you live using that infernal way of measuring???
i had to google :lol:
5,8 seems to corrispond to 1,72/1.73
so i think i'm about 5.7 or 5.6
but i'm not sure :lol: it's so complicate :cry:

haha you even bothered! i mean, he/she didn't! :rolleyes:
1,72/1,73 and 66 kg for a girl is perfectly normal. For a guy, i'd say it's rather tiny :lol: definitely far from spartan!

New? Didn't Merkel win again? I would love to hear the native's insight on this topic :) .

Yes, she won again but before there was a coalition with the social democrats that failed in the end. Now they will be ruling side to side with the neo liberal party.
For me every non-conservative government is ok since I hate Merkel's party!

Congratulations?

My condolences?

Condolences, definitely :D

Merkel won again, but with a centre right coalition this time... I don't mind her but she's pretty buddy buddy with Putin nowadays. Which makes me a little ill. I don't like macho insecure mass murderers. No clue about the particulars of German politics, but pro-Russia Germany + pro-USA France = world is getting zany. Big loser? East-Central Europe. ^_^

Actually she sucks up to everyone. She was there when Bush wanted to invade the Iraq (although the wasn't even chancellor, yet), she sucks up to Sarkozy, to Putin/Medwedew and maybe to Obama.

Apart from foreign affairs their inner policy is partly against our constitution and noone really cares. At least the neo liberals do so they probably will disarm the current way.

The Applied Linguistics congress was excellent (that's why I didn't post much in the last days), there was a massive improvement compared to the last one. I met a lot of PhDs that inspired me a lot, I must admit I had lots of fun.

I presented a lecture on Processing Instruction (PI) with my "boss" (i.e. former professor of the course) and two other classmates, and there I say, we did an excellent job. I was quite nervous at first and it obviously showed. Hehehe I was sweating so much and I could barely see anything, my eyes (glasses?) for some reason got a lot of moisture :lol: . Anyhow, I say that the best conferences (or anything, in general) are the ones in which people have lots of questions and criticisms; the good thing was that we could reply and counter all. There was actually a women from the Ministry of Education and invited us to do a PI workshop in Guanacaste (a province), so I'm quite happy.

I have the DVD of the conference, I haven't seen it but maybe I can send it to someone, if someone is interested.

Congratulations to your successful presentation!
I would be very interested in that DVD. You could upload it somewhere, that would be way easier than using 'real life' mail.

Yes, I'm a guy (there's a pic of me in the Borky pictures thread)! And you're right, I'm pretty slender. I run a lot, so I'm in pretty fit, but I don't really keep much weight even though I lift a little bit of weights, too. I guess I look more like an Athenian warrior than a Spartan one? haha

Yes, I'm a guy (there's a pic of me in the Borky pictures thread)! And you're right, I'm pretty slender. I run a lot, so I'm in pretty fit, but I don't really keep much weight even though I lift a little bit of weights, too. I guess I look more like an Athenian warrior than a Spartan one? haha

yes the first option :)
i've seen the picture, and yes you look slender!

Yes, she won again but before there was a coalition with the social democrats that failed in the end. Now they will be ruling side to side with the neo liberal party.
For me every non-conservative government is ok since I hate Merkel's party!

Condolences, definitely :D

Actually she sucks up to everyone. She was there when Bush wanted to invade the Iraq (although the wasn't even chancellor, yet), she sucks up to Sarkozy, to Putin/Medwedew and maybe to Obama.

Apart from foreign affairs their inner policy is partly against our constitution and noone really cares. At least the neo liberals do so they probably will disarm the current way.

Congratulations to your successful presentation!
I would be very interested in that DVD. You could upload it somewhere, that would be way easier than using 'real life' mail.

Ahh OK so I guess it's a bit different. Is it? Well Merkel does suck up to everyone, but still Europe (or the European Union at least) is pretty much ruled by France and Germany, so it doesn't really matter.

Well it's only a 23.5MB file, I could send it by mail. I'll send it from my new account.

i'm watchin Equilibrium right now on tv. That's a one fckin scary movie! Every time i watch it i get lump in my throat and chills! :ill: talk about progress & feelings! it does look like a comic book at times but the idea is frightening...

Great movie indeed, I think I saw it on the big screen back when it was released.

Got no classes to go to tomorrow, so I'll have a day off, me and my bro are gonna watch Steven King's "The Stand" (direct to tv two-part movie of his best book).
6 hours worth of footage, 2 six packs of beer, a lot of popcorn; good times :)

About his apocalyptic books, I liked more Cell... I have The Stand and while it's a very good book, the final it's kinda positive, what I generally dislike from King.

This year the metal scene have seen a lot of necromancy... now I read about Covenant's show on Inferno 2010 with the Nexus Polaris line-up and heard 2 samples from the new Gorgoroth album (with the recently resurrected Pest on vocals), which sounds like Antichrist/UTSOH, the supposed Arcturus reunion, Lamented sould emerging once again from his tomb and so much more well known events, concerning better known bands. 2010 looks very promising!!

haha you mean the Kovenant right, Covenant has nothing to do with metal :p
But you're right, me i can't wait for the rebirth of Arcturus, Lamented Souls, Universal + Borky's tour and new Vintersorg release! ^^ wow that sounds fantastic! :devil:

Allfader is right, their name was Covenant with C during Nexus Polaris. They had to change their name to "The Kovenant" for legal issues after the release of Nexus Polaris.

Sounds great about Inferno 2010, Mayhem & Finntroll will play too : ) It would be cool if Kampfar join the list for Inferno, yeah!!!
;)

ahhh didn't know that about the "C", silly of me. I know the ebm Covenant, and that's something completely different, that's why...

if Bork is playing there too by any chance i will have to consider going there instead of Ragnarök... that's gonna b e a tough choice! :ill: but oh well, wishful thinking...

I had that confusion, too. In like 2001 I saw Kovenant play at the House of Blues in Chicago, and I thought it was another band. But I hear the singer start up, and I was like, wtf, wait, that's Nagash. And then I was astonished by the fucking shitty set. There were like 4-5 people in front of the stage. That was it. Everyone was waiting for the Haunted and Moonspell to come on.

After the last song Nagash said FUCK YOU and flipped off the venue. Only a few people saw him do it. It was pretty funny.

i should be on holiday right now. :Smug:
for being exact i should have been on holiday since the 1th of october.
but i've discovered that i have still 70 days of work. :erk:
and when i say 70 i mean 70, still no free saturdays and sundays. i'm soooo stressed. i want my freedom back.
my last day of holiday, i really don't remember when it was, but i suppose it has been more or less in last april :zombie:

Well, I don't have a job, but I have a thesis to write. Which means that I don't have weekends as well.

Ahmmm, I mean... Kind of.
Luckily I'm portuguese, which means that I don't care. So, I have weekends anyway. :lol: