Alec's Tavern : The Frost Blast

pff and I thought I was the only one dreaming about Mr. V. every once in a while.
this one time I dreamt I invited him over and we ate spare-ribs and drank beer on my front porch, and we were listening to the first Waterclime album. oddly, he still had long hair...

:lol:

I fell.:/ I fell on my left side, right on my kidney area. It sucks, no sports for me for at least a month. I fell about 2 weeks ago but the pain was diminishing slowly so I thought it would go away once the 10x5cm bruising went away. Idiot me went to play tennis 2 times too this weekend and the pain became greater and different then (since if you've got a fractured rib, the last thing you want to do is anything involving quick, sudden & fast movements).:D So I went to see the doctor this morning, X-ray in the afternoon and yeah, fractured rib.

Fractured rib is serious. It takes a long time to heal. Don't fuck with it. Any injuries in that general rib / upper abs area is a pain. I strained an upper ab almost 10 years ago and even though it healed it's always going to be a little swollen.

I once spoke to a guy who had twisted a testicle. The little stringy part that links the ball to the rest of you, when it gets twisted, it needs immediate medical intervention, lets the victim be doomed to sing powermetal for the rest of his life. The guy said it hurts like fuck. Strangely enough, I completely believe him.

Btw, this is true.

I can't remember the medical term for it either. But that shit is pretty serious. You have like 6 hours or something horrific like that to get it fixed. I dunno how your friend didn't get help on time, it's supposed to be the most painful thing that can happen to guy. You'd think he'd make an effort to save his balls!

Rivfadír;7304792 said:
Dio tomorrow. Will you be there?

No, I'm going to Kiss today.
Saw Dio in Malmoe yesterday though, was fucking great. All the old classics. Made me want to drop kiss and go see him again instead, but I'm already on the list, and I want to se Kiss as well... Stupid to have them both on the same day, imo.

I can't remember the medical term for it either. But that shit is pretty serious. You have like 6 hours or something horrific like that to get it fixed. I dunno how your friend didn't get help on time, it's supposed to be the most painful thing that can happen to guy. You'd think he'd make an effort to save his balls!

I can think of a few more painful things, actually. Like having this twisted testicle thing and getting kicked in the balls.

Well, let's just say I'd rather get a bullet in the guts than a twist in my balls, I'd be liable to throw myself off a 5th storey window to end the suffering.

No, I'm going to Kiss today.
Saw Dio in Malmoe yesterday though, was fucking great. All the old classics. Made me want to drop kiss and go see him again instead, but I'm already on the list, and I want to se Kiss as well... Stupid to have them both on the same day, imo.

Man, everyone is seeing Kiss. And I don't understand them at all. If one band could ever truly be called overrated, it's Kiss.

Well, I can't say that I'm a huge fan, but it's one of those bands I grew up with. My uncle and brother used to play Kiss all the time, them and Iron Maiden. Since I haven't seen them live before, and I now got the opportunity, I'm quite excited.

Rivfadír;7307721 said:
Man, everyone is seeing Kiss. And I don't understand them at all. If one band could ever truly be called overrated, it's Kiss.

I completely agree! + Gene Simmons is the biggest turd in the universe. I DESPISE Gene Simmons.

Fractured rib is serious. It takes a long time to heal. Don't fuck with it. Any injuries in that general rib / upper abs area is a pain. I strained an upper ab almost 10 years ago and even though it healed it's always going to be a little swollen.

Agreed.

A good friend of mine last week just fell in the bathtub, crushed a rib, and injured his chest muscles. On vacation, in Rome, Italy.

He lives in Seattle, Washington, United States.

After he visited an Italian ER, he had to fly home two days later - they saddled him with a lot of painkillers, he had an airport attendant wheel him around in the airport, and the airlines gave him a First Class seat so that he'd have enough room to rest and sleep. He's home now, but he's also spending the next month recouperating in bed.