Alec's Tavern : The Frost Blast

Whoa! Congrats, Mr. Allfader! Marital bliss here you come! :)

Send me your Forestfather EP. I wanna hear it. Also, I'm super down for helping you out with a MySpace profile. :)

And oh education. It'll be amazing to be a student I'll bet. I still think it's fucking hilarious that you're an auditor. Hahaha. BLACK METAL AUDITOR! Or was it tax lawyer!? :headbang: Either way it was deliciously awesome.

wow! that's a great news allfader!!!!!
everything happened so fast, isn't it????

this evening i'm going to eat at a greek restaurant.
never experienced greek cooking....so say me good luck!!!! :lol:

i'm still alive and....i'm totally in love with the greek cusine!!!
it's amazingly light, i mean fresh flavours, a lot of cheese and vegetables, and it's fucking heavy at the same time, because when you want to stand up you find your ass nailed to the chair!!!!!
i cannot tell you exaclty what i've eaten because the names are tonguetwisters, but everything was excellent! cheese and potatoes fried rissoles have won!!!!!

i'm still alive and....i'm totally in love with the greek cusine!!!
it's amazingly light, i mean fresh flavours, a lot of cheese and vegetables, and it's fucking heavy at the same time, because when you want to stand up you find your ass nailed to the chair!!!!!
i cannot tell you exaclty what i've eaten because the names are tonguetwisters, but everything was excellent! cheese and potatoes fried rissoles have won!!!!!

How come you lived in Italy and never had any Greek food :p ? I've never been to Greece, but I've eaten "Greek" food plenty of times. Ah soo muuuch food, I remember when I stayed with my Greek friends in Brussels… the plates didn't stop coming in!

Greek restaurants are great! I wonder how they manage those portions. You order a salad and it's twice as big as in any other restaurant. Same with all the other dishes. Are they not into the profit or do they just have good sources? :D

Been on vacation to Crete a while ago, and yeah, I remember the portions being huge. Think me and my bro ate like 10 porks worth of gyros that week. And also had the best olives and feta cheese I ever had. Greek food is awesome!!

How come you lived in Italy and never had any Greek food :p ? I've never been to Greece, but I've eaten "Greek" food plenty of times. Ah soo muuuch food, I remember when I stayed with my Greek friends in Brussels… the plates didn't stop coming in!

no because there isn't a greek restaurant in my city! that's why... i had to go out to find a greek restaurant....
and maybe because italian food is good and you're not so curious to experience other cuisines!?! ahahaha

no i'm just kidding...i'm pretty open to different tastes.
to be honest, i'm pretty open to food!!! :lol: every kind of food!
i'm not picky when it comes to food, i love strange tastes and daring flavour's matching, it's very difficult to find something that i don't like.
i'm only allergic to fish, but that's all.

no because there isn't a greek restaurant in my city! that's why... i had to go out to find a greek restaurant....
and maybe because italian food is good and you're not so curious to experience other cuisines!?! ahahaha

no i'm just kidding...i'm pretty open to different tastes.
to be honest, i'm pretty open to food!!! :lol: every kind of food!
i'm not picky when it comes to food, i love strange tastes and daring flavour's matching, it's very difficult to find something that i don't like.
i'm only allergic to fish, but that's all.

Haha well I guess you live in a city that hates Greeks!

But I understand you, if I were living in Italy I'd be eating cucina italiana only har har. (Cucina italiana is the type of food I eat mostly. I wonder why I'm not fatter haha. Hurrah for pesto!)

Haha well I guess you live in a city that hates Greeks!

But I understand you, if I were living in Italy I'd be eating cucina italiana only har har. (Cucina italiana is the type of food I eat mostly. I wonder why I'm not fatter haha. Hurrah for pesto!)

what? fatter?
italian cuisine is one of the healthiest and most balanced ones! if well done of course! and in general the mediteranean diet is good, i think it has become a world heritage according to UNESCO.
very few butter is used for cooking, it's used extra virgin olive oil, often used raw (i mean not during the cooking process, which means a transformation of an unsaturated fat into a saturated fat) which is nutritionally better than butter.
also a lot of legumes are used, and carbohydrates which doesn't contains big amounts of fat, then a lot of vegetables and not so many sauces like in the usa.
we have a saying which is "pasta e riso, non fanno nè pancia nè viso" which means "pasta and rice, they don't cause you belly nor face" ahahah
and that's true!!!!
we have obese people of course but not so many and not so fat like in the usa. my boyfriend's father brought him a hoody from new york, i tried it cause it's my size (medium) and it was twice bigger than me (like an italian XL).

wow you never tried Greek food before? :confused:
every time we go to a restaurant (and that's like twice a year :lol:) we only go to a Greek one. In fact i'm starting to get fed up with it, but my bf is crazy about Greek food and always insists on eating in a Greek restaurant. :rolleyes: We've just been there again on Valentine's Day... i believe there are 3 or even 4 greek restaurants in my town. I would much rather try something else for a change :bah:

what? fatter?
italian cuisine is one of the healthiest and most balanced ones! if well done of course! and in general the mediteranean diet is good, i think it has become a world heritage according to UNESCO.
very few butter is used for cooking, it's used extra virgin olive oil, often used raw (i mean not during the cooking process, which means a transformation of an unsaturated fat into a saturated fat) which is nutritionally better than butter.
also a lot of legumes are used, and carbohydrates which doesn't contains big amounts of fat, then a lot of vegetables and not so many sauces like in the usa.
we have a saying which is "pasta e riso, non fanno nè pancia nè viso" which means "pasta and rice, they don't cause you belly nor face" ahahah
and that's true!!!!
we have obese people of course but not so many and not so fat like in the usa. my boyfriend's father brought him a hoody from new york, i tried it cause it's my size (medium) and it was twice bigger than me (like an italian XL).

As for Italy, you might be right (which is kinda surprising for me, imagining the stereotypical Italian Mamma :D) but Greece has one of the highest obesity rates in the world according to http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/hea_obe-health-obesity

yuppiiiiiiii!!! 25 th place!!!! :)

i was right:

Italy: Mediterranean diet wins UNESCO recognition

The Mediterranean diet has won the prestigous Immaterial Human Heritage title from the United Nations Education, Scientific and Cultural Organization, or UNESCO.

pasta_weabs2--400x300.jpg

Rome 23 Nov. (AKI) - The Mediterranean diet, a way of eating that dates to ancient times and which fed the populations of Crete, Greece, Southern France, parts of Italy and Spain for centuries, has been awarded the prestigous Immaterial Human Heritage title, rom the United Nations Education, Scientific and Cultural Organization, or UNESCO.

The Mediterranean diet is based on fruit, vegetables and olive oil, but also allows a daily glass of red wine, has been recognised worldwide as a way of promoting a healthy lifestyle.

The diet also encourages consumption of fish, nuts, legumes and dairy products in particular goat cheese and includes a moderate consumption of meat and pasta dishes.

The Mediterranean diet has humble origins; experts say it is a revival of the 'poor man's diet traditionally eaten by coastal living peoples or those that worked the land.

greece is among those nations, so there's a gap between the obesity statistic and the healthiness of the diet awarded by unesco...

I was under the impression that the Italian diet was only the healthiest if you worked like 8 hours a day at a physical job. :p

nutritionally it's pretty correct.
if we see a the daily alimentation as a pie chart these are the correct proportion between fats, carbohydrates and proteins:

ricetta-graf4.gif

lipidi=fat
carbohydrates and proteines are recognizable also in italian.

the greatest error is to eliminate or eat too few carbohydrates because they are very important for the brain because they can be converted into sugars.
carbohydrates have also an half amount of calories than fats, 1 gr of carbohydrates = 4 calories, 1 gr of fats = 9 calories.
that's why a too fat alimentation can cause obesity, for the same quantity of a food you can also assume the double of calories between a low-fat food and an high-fat food.

i lost 4 kilos in a month just lowering the quantity of fat in my foods.
i continued to eat similar quantities of food as before, a lot of pasta, cereals and legumes, but i cutted the higher quantity of dressings i could, and only this little trick worked very well.

lucky you! i gained 5 kilo in a month and i know i will never get rid of those anymore... :cry:

WTF!!!!!
that's a lot of food that you ate for gaining 5 kilo in such a short time!!!!

i had to take 1 and half month of cortisone and i was fucking scared to gain some other weight, so i started to make this sort of diet, being very careful with fat, salt and drinking. i drastically reduced the salt consuming because cortisone cause water retension and i drank at least two liters water each day (thing that i wasn't used to). and i tried to never eat outside meals, if i was dying of starvation i ate an apple or a banana between lunch and dinner.
basically i followed this regime to avoid to gain weight, but in the end i lost 4 kilos :lol: and that's always a good thing for a woman! :)

it wasn't because of the food. My eating habits have been the same for like 7 years now and the only time of the year i eat a bit more is during the christmas. I have no idea why i suddenly gained weight, i didn't quit smoking (never smoked in my life), didn't take or stopped taking any pills, didn't eat more of fatter kind of food as far as i know. I guess i'm just getting old.