Alec's Tavern : The Frost Blast

breaking news, i've just come back home from the hairdresser.
i have cutted my hair in a way that i've never thought it could happen.
no i haven't a bob now, they are still pretty long (approximately half of the butt), but i've cutted 10-15 cm which is a lot for my standards :eek:. now i finally have them all of the same lenght (before i had an detestable cut with a V form that i hated a lot!) and i'm really really satisfied with it.
and the priceless thing is that i don't sit on them anymore :)
omg! :eek: 15 cm is a lot indeed, you are brave :lol:
but half of the butt length, and you can't sit on it? :loco: i thought it's long enough for that :p
and, does it mean that today is a good day to cut hair according to the lunar calender? :D i was going to ask you when the next such day would be, as i also need to cut some of my hair.

omg! :eek: 15 cm is a lot indeed, you are brave :lol:
but half of the butt length, and you can't sit on it? :loco: i thought it's long enough for that :p
and, does it mean that today is a good day to cut hair according to the lunar calender? :D i was going to ask you when the next such day would be, as i also need to cut some of my hair.

yep, i don't sit on them anymore! half of the butt when i stand up, so when i sit down they get a little bit shorter because i arch my back.
before i had them half of the thigh lenght, lenght that was really unmanagable and uncombable!!!!
now i'm satisfied because they look healtier and the equal-lenght cut makes the ends to look more full and thick
today and tomorrow are the best days of the month to cut them, so you're still in time if you do it tomorrow :)

It's awesome reading all the workout discussion talk. I today bought a soccer ball to kick around on the pitch by my house. Not a total workout, but it's something that gets me out there and off the couch. Plus, it's a lot of fun!

It's awesome reading all the workout discussion talk. I today bought a soccer ball to kick around on the pitch by my house. Not a total workout, but it's something that gets me out there and off the couch. Plus, it's a lot of fun!

You've been quite into football (soccer) lately, haven't you? It's all because of Forlán! :lol: "Forlán, getting people off the couch, one nerd at a time".

yesterday i saw a lot of planes's wake in the sky, i thought it was strange, since they were really a lot, 10-15 all parallel, going north-south, flying over the mediterranean sea.
then i thought a little bit about it and damn, i think it was some nation's airforce (maybe france or great britain?) going to Libya.
it wasn't a good feeling at all.

yesterday i saw a lot of planes's wake in the sky, i thought it was strange, since they were really a lot, 10-15 all parallel, going north-south, flying over the mediterranean sea.
then i thought a little bit about it and damn, i think it was some nation's airforce (maybe france or great britain?) going to Libya.
it wasn't a good feeling at all.

Yeah I'm sure it wasn't, even if "help" came late it's good that they're attacking Gaddafi. How do you feel about all the immigrants arriving to Italia?

Yeah I'm sure it wasn't, even if "help" came late it's good that they're attacking Gaddafi. How do you feel about all the immigrants arriving to Italia?

my region isn't affected by this wave of immigrants.
but the situation in the south is really drammatic, especially in Lampedusa, which is a little isle in the mediterrean sea, south of sicily, which stands alone in the sea really near to africa. it's a sort of first stage for immigrants, they come here with the hope to reach the peninsula, they face the sea with extremely dangerous, old and little boats so Lampedusa is the nearest italian ground to reach.
but imagine what the situation can be there now. the isle is 20 km² and has 5000-6000 inhabitants.
something like 5000 immigrants have landed on the shores, and even if the place is equipped to receive immgrants, it is not ready to host so many people. so there are problems from both sides, immigrants are treathed like beasts, accumulated in too little spaces or they have to sleep outside in tents. inhabitants from the island are worried because of delinquence, but at the same time it's really admirable how they are trying to help them collecting things of primary needs like dresses and blankets. food is given by the state throught the operators of these reception centres, but the situation is far away from being solved in a short time.

Hello everyone, I'm new on this forum. I'm not really a new Vintersorg fan as I’ve been enjoying Till Fjalls for ten years - that was my first encounter with Viking/Folk Metal, and the only album of this genre I listened to (at that time I was not even aware that it was a “genre”!). I had my favorite bands and albums in different kinds of Metal, and didn’t really want to discover new things. But a few months ago I decided to give a chance to the Black Metal scene which I knew very poorly (maybe moving to the grim and frostbitten Canada influenced my mood !), and what I found surprised me a lot: it was not limited to “true black” as I thought. It could even be “prog”, “melodic”, “folk” and “avant-garde”! A whole new musical world opening before me… Then I wanted to know more about this band Vintersorg which I already appreciated a lot, and try more of it: I listened to Cosmic Genesis for the first time 4 months ago and I’m still in a state of shock! I can’t remember being so enthusiastic about an album since maybe Moonspell’s “Wolfheart” or Angra’s “Holy Land”. And that was just the beginning of the strange addiction to what you call the “V factor”, aggravated by the discovery of Borknagar, Otyg and Mr. V.’s other projects, and by the forthcoming release of Jordpuls. I’ve been reading this forum for some months and it’s nice here. First time ever I register to a forum, by the way. Well, that was my Vintersorg story.

Hello everyone, I'm new on this forum. I'm not really a new Vintersorg fan as I’ve been enjoying Till Fjalls for ten years - that was my first encounter with Viking/Folk Metal, and the only album of this genre I listened to (at that time I was not even aware that it was a “genre”!). I had my favorite bands and albums in different kinds of Metal, and didn’t really want to discover new things. But a few months ago I decided to give a chance to the Black Metal scene which I knew very poorly (maybe moving to the grim and frostbitten Canada influenced my mood !), and what I found surprised me a lot: it was not limited to “true black” as I thought. It could even be “prog”, “melodic”, “folk” and “avant-garde”! A whole new musical world opening before me… Then I wanted to know more about this band Vintersorg which I already appreciated a lot, and try more of it: I listened to Cosmic Genesis for the first time 4 months ago and I’m still in a state of shock! I can’t remember being so enthusiastic about an album since maybe Moonspell’s “Wolfheart” or Angra’s “Holy Land”. And that was just the beginning of the strange addiction to what you call the “V factor”, aggravated by the discovery of Borknagar, Otyg and Mr. V.’s other projects, and by the forthcoming release of Jordpuls. I’ve been reading this forum for some months and it’s nice here. First time ever I register to a forum, by the way. Well, that was my Vintersorg story.

Takbernak, Montréal!
Holy Crap we're causing other people to register here, maybe we shouldn't be so nice.

Takbernak you!

:p

Glad you're enjoying the music, Vintersorg is really a brilliant band, way above most metal.

Takbernak, Montréal!
Holy Crap we're causing other people to register here, maybe we shouldn't be so nice.

Takbernak you!

:p

Glad you're enjoying the music, Vintersorg is really a brilliant band, way above most metal.

Great band tabarnak!! I spell it that way - but I don't know, I'm French :)
Yes Vintersorg is one of the best band I know, I still don't understand how I didn't "get it" at once.
Well, I love Black Metal, I love Folk Metal, I love Prog Metal, I'm not afraid of musical experiments, I love beautiful male voices, and I'm a "romantic scientist": Vintersorg is the band for me!

Great band tabarnak!! I spell it that way - but I don't know, I'm French :)
Yes Vintersorg is one of the best band I know, I still don't understand how I didn't "get it" at once.
Well, I love Black Metal, I love Folk Metal, I love Prog Metal, I'm not afraid of musical experiments, I love beautiful male voices, and I'm a "romantic scientist": Vintersorg is the band for me!

Haha OK, I think "tabarnak" is more accurate. "Romantic scientist", love that, will use it :) . Welcome to the forum!

my region isn't affected by this wave of immigrants.
but the situation in the south is really drammatic, especially in Lampedusa, which is a little isle in the mediterrean sea, south of sicily, which stands alone in the sea really near to africa. it's a sort of first stage for immigrants, they come here with the hope to reach the peninsula, they face the sea with extremely dangerous, old and little boats so Lampedusa is the nearest italian ground to reach.
but imagine what the situation can be there now. the isle is 20 km² and has 5000-6000 inhabitants.
something like 5000 immigrants have landed on the shores, and even if the place is equipped to receive immgrants, it is not ready to host so many people. so there are problems from - for both sides, immigrants are treathed like beasts, accumulated in too little spaces or they have to sleep outside in tents. inhabitants from the island are worried because of delinquence, but at the same time it's really admirable how they are trying to help them collecting things of primary needs like dresses and blankets. food is given by the state throught the operators of these reception centres, but the situation is far away from being solved in a short time.

Yeah, things in the south seem pretty grim; Just now I was reading an article that said that 1200 immigrants or so arrived yesterday. The island's going to run out of pasta! :p It's interesting to see how Berlusconi is handling this… wait, he's not handling it. Big surprise! :lol: Hopefully Gadaffi will go down soon and all those immigrants can return, although I'm sure a lot of them will stay there.

Yeah, things in the south seem pretty grim; Just now I was reading an article that said that 1200 immigrants or so arrived yesterday. The island's going to run out of pasta! :p It's interesting to see how Berlusconi is handling this… wait, he's not handling it. Big surprise! :lol: Hopefully Gadaffi will go down soon and all those immigrants can return, although I'm sure a lot of them will stay there.

ehi...wait! something is happening! is a miracle!!! :lol:
they have decided to move immigrants to other camps in other regions. some boat have started this morning to take them on board and carried them in the peninsula. the situation isn't solved yet, but at least the isle will breath again a little bit.
the problem now is that no other state wants to accept immigrants on their ground. but italy cannot front this situation alone, we cannot host all the immigrants of the mediterranean sea. someone has to do to something!!!
for the other contries it's simple, italy asked to france to open their borders to immigrants and they said NO! (a lot of immigrants coming mostly from tunisy they are french mothertongues so they would like to go to france).
italy cannot say NO because what will you do, humanely speaking, when you would see a very old and unsafe boat coming from the open sea with 300/400 people inside who are asking for help, and they are without food and water since days, and they have risked their life on a such dangerous travel, who could say to them "no! i don't let you dock"? you cannot just say them to go back home, or they will die on the way to home. it's a human and moral duty.
then the other coutries just ignore out problems because immigrants are docking on our ground, and when they are here they are safe, so why the hell france should be worried about this?
our problem is to be the nearest docking ground from africa, and france is too far to be reached so everyone comes here, and the other countries they are just happy to not have to undergo our destiny.

ehi...wait! something is happening! is a miracle!!! :lol:
they have decided to move immigrants to other camps in other regions. some boat have started this morning to take them on board and carried them in the peninsula. the situation isn't solved yet, but at least the isle will breath again a little bit.
the problem now is that no other state wants to accept immigrants on their ground. but italy cannot front this situation alone, we cannot host all the immigrants of the mediterranean sea. someone has to do to something!!!
for the other contries it's simple, italy asked to france to open their borders to immigrants and they said NO! (a lot of immigrants coming mostly from tunisy they are french mothertongues so they would like to go to france).
italy cannot say NO because what will you do, humanely speaking, when you would see a very old and unsafe boat coming from the open sea with 300/400 people inside who are asking for help, and they are without food and water since days, and they have risked their life on a such dangerous travel, who could say to them "no! i don't let you dock"? you cannot just say them to go back home, or they will die on the way to home. it's a human and moral duty.
then the other coutries just ignore out problems because immigrants are docking on our ground, and when they are here they are safe, so why the hell france should be worried about this?
our problem is to be the nearest docking ground from africa, and france is too far to be reached so everyone comes here, and the other countries they are just happy to not have to undergo our destiny.

Haha "well just give more immigrants to the poorer countries" said Merkel. Or at least that's probably what she and Sarkozy would've said. Obviously the rest of the EU should take responsibility, but I highly doubt they will.

On a funnier note :lol: :

Last edited by a moderator:
:Spam::Spam::Spam::Spam::Spam:

[Shameless self-promotion]

Ok, so I really didn't know in which thread to post this, but since this is the place for all kinds of randomness - here we go.
I'm not sure if anyone knows, or cares, but my band is soon releasing our first full-length album and I wanted you guys to be the first to see the cover.
Let me know what you think
5575839763_b789c4fa87_b.jpg

[/Shameless self-promotion]

wow, the artwork is amazing!
i love the combination of the background, which looks quite rough like black metal photos with all those grain and forests , and the logo in the middle, which has a really modern style.