Alec's Tavern : The Frost Blast

my bf was the one who introduced me to Vintersorg's music in the first place so i'm good :D even if he only likes the older albums where mr.V sings in his low voice, and can't stand his higher pitched vocals... Anyway it makes a world of difference if you and your partner have relatively the same music tastes. If i was single and were looking for a relationship, music taste would be one of the most important things to watch out for :lol:

:lol: My sambo's reaction is much more severe...

But fuck her. :lol:

uhm?????

@elvina: he listen to metal too, but our tastes obiouvsly don't coicide on everthing, i think it's normal :)
he's more 80ies oriented :) he likes classic metal and thrash mostly, but he enjoys also death, some folk (little) and some power (old style power i mean, helloween, rage, grave digger, blind guardian, etc)....ah and hard rock....

@elvina: he listen to metal too, but our tastes obiouvsly don't coicide on everthing, i think it's normal :)

Same for me, my boyfriend likes metal but he's not a V. fan. Well, not yet.
He's currently living at my place, and for almost two weeks he's got this MASSIVE dose of Vintersorg, ahah.
A few month ago he didn't like it at all, and now he's rather indifferent... So I guess there's a progress :err:
At least he "got used to the voice" and doesn't complain. I hope he'll soon get addicted! :Spin:

@Elvina: I can't imagine being with a guy who doesn't share at least some of my musical tastes. Music is so important in my life. As much as beers and sociology :lol::lol::lol:

Same for me, my boyfriend likes metal but he's not a V. fan. Well, not yet.
He's currently living at my place, and for almost two weeks he's got this MASSIVE dose of Vintersorg, ahah.
A few month ago he didn't like it at all, and now he's rather indifferent... So I guess there's a progress :err:
At least he "got used to the voice" and doesn't complain. I hope he'll soon get addicted! :Spin:

@Elvina: I can't imagine being with a guy who doesn't share at least some of my musical tastes. Music is so important in my life.
same here. @ Lefay and Dinka: I wasn't talking about Vintersorg in particular but about music taste in general. I was married to a guy with whom i only shared my passion for a-ha, the rest of our musical preferences were pretty different. And i must say that fights about the music being played was one of the corner stones of why we got divorced... I just can't live with somebody who would listen to hip hop and top 40 stuff every day and yell at me "can you turn this fckin noise down?!?!" every time i listen to something i like.....

My bf has great versatile taste but he's not a Vintersorg fan. He loves the music and the songs but he can't help but tease me every time i listen to the later Vintersorg albums by howling like a wolf every time when there are clean vocals. I know that he does it just to irritate me so i don't mind and sometimes i howl with him too :lol: I think the greatest problem a lot of Vintersorg haters have is mr.V's vocals. But even they can't deny that the music itself is brilliant! :p

my bf was the one who introduced me to Vintersorg's music in the first place so i'm good :D even if he only likes the older albums where mr.V sings in his low voice, and can't stand his higher pitched vocals... Anyway it makes a world of difference if you and your partner have relatively the same music tastes. If i was single and were looking for a relationship, music taste would be one of the most important things to watch out for :lol:

same here. @ Lefay and Dinka: I wasn't talking about Vintersorg in particular but about music taste in general. I was married to a guy with whom i only shared my passion for a-ha, the rest of our musical preferences were pretty different. And i must say that fights about the music being played was one of the corner stones of why we got divorced... I just can't live with somebody who would listen to hip hop and top 40 stuff every day and yell at me "can you turn this fckin noise down?!?!" every time i listen to something i like.....

My bf has great versatile taste but he's not a Vintersorg fan. He loves the music and the songs but he can't help but tease me every time i listen to the later Vintersorg albums by howling like a wolf every time when there are clean vocals. I know that he does it just to irritate me so i don't mind and sometimes i howl with him too :lol: I think the greatest problem a lot of Vintersorg haters have is mr.V's vocals. But even they can't deny that the music itself is brilliant! :p

Yeah I think it's really important to have similar tastes in a musical relationship. Wait, did I just write that? :lol: Again: It's important to have similar musical tastes in a relationship; it does help a lot when you have that in common: You can both headbang at the same time :headbang: .

And I love A-Ha :worship: .

@elvina: how old were you when you decided to marry?
i was 22, and i didn't really want to get married. We decided to just do that because it considerably eliminated bureaucratic problems of getting the permanent residence in NL and was about 2x cheaper for married couples. I was never a supporter of marriage, but after my own experience i became a true hater of marriage. That's why i have a bad habit of never congratulating people with marriage or engagement. :lol:

i was 22, and i didn't really want to get married. We decided to just do that because it considerably eliminated bureaucratic problems of getting the permanent residence in NL and was about 2x cheaper for married couples. I was never a supporter of marriage, but after my own experience i became a true hater of marriage. That's why i have a bad habit of never congratulating people with marriage or engagement. :lol:
You can use the like "That's good...for you!" :lol:

At least it was for a good reason. поздравления! :p

You can use the like "That's good...for you!" :lol:

:lol:

This is one of the reasons I'm so supportive of Sweden's cohabitation law, which I think is amazing. Basically, the civil status of "cohabitation" grants you the rights of a married couple. It's not entirely the same. If one dies and there is no contract, then the partner's property reverts to their family or to their children instead of to the partner (this happened to Stieg Larsson's sambo), but in essence you are treated exactly the same if you are married or if you're not.

While I don't have an issue with marriage as such (my parents have been happily married for 35+ years and I would like to be married one day, I think), I think the American way of doing it (which in essence forces couples to get married because of the economic incentives), or the way that you described marriage being an easier, less costly path, encourages marriage for the 'wrong' reasons. Marriage should be a choice for symbolic purposes and nothing more, in my opinion. And in Sweden, you can cohabit with someone and be treated as though you're married, which means that you get the benefits of fast-track to citizenship and so forth. I really do think that this is an excellent way to deal with marriage, and it is a long and honored tradition in Sweden, which makes me very happy.