Alexi's downfall (as a composer)

FRETPLAYER_mx

Blood Member
Aug 26, 2006
South of heaven
why is this happening, alexi was one of the best composers and player of death metal in the 90's , he changed all his style (music) , looks, lyrics, even guitar playing.
the question is why , is there a reason why he changed all that was exelent and perfect?

p.d: he rocks but not as the 90's era.:kickass:

Reactions: Blindfold
FUUUUCKKK
there have been so many threads, particularly bucketbangers thread, so post in that one

FRETPLAYER mx said:
why is this happening, alexi was one of the best composers and player of death metal in the 90's , he changed all his style (music) , looks, lyrics, even guitar playing.
the question is why , is there a reason why he changed all that was exelent and perfect?
Excuse me, but... with all my respect, I'd say that "Alexi's downfall as a composer" is happened only in your dreams.

Conti said:
FUUUUCKKK
there have been so many threads, particularly bucketbangers thread, so post in that one
Pure truth.

┼Victim of the Night┼;5616209 said:
Excuse me, but... with all my respect, I'd say that "Alexi's downfall as a composer" is happened only in your dreams.

Pure truth.

try to hear hatebreeder and aydy
can you notice anything

try to hear hatebreeder and aydy
can you notice anything

And you're talking to a person who chose Hatebreeder as fav album... but this has no matter now, cause I've already told what I think about Alexi and CoB's change in those many pre-existent threads.

Years of concerts and playing can only make you better... so I repeat that I think "Alexi's downfall as a composer" is happened only in your dreams.

i think he quite right, tho he should have searched the forum before..

every band change their style dude, u can't write all CDs on the same thing, with the same inspiration and the same style...gets repetitive and boring...even dream theater can only write 90% of the CDs without any change :lol:

but i don't think aydy is bad...it pay's respect to the CoB work. and i also think that u should stop bitching around because CoB doesnt write exclusively for you

I don't really believe in this "Alexi downfall" thing at all.....In fact if anything then he improved..IMO all the new albums are better than SW for example..He's a greater composer and one of the best guitartists IMO.

I think I might actually be one of the few people that prefer HCDR and AYDY to their older material. I like that they've gotten more thrashy and less neoclassical/power sounding. Even the vocals, I prefer the way Alexi screams now...reminds me more of someone like Mille Petrozza. And I haven't heard his chops go anywhere (at least on CD...live on the other hand...).

┼Victim of the Night┼;5616225 said:
And you're talking to a person who chose Hatebreeder as fav album... but this has no matter now, cause I've already told what I think about Alexi and CoB's change in those many pre-existent threads.

Years of concerts and playing can only make you better... so I repeat that I think "Alexi's downfall as a composer" is happened only in your dreams.

non concordo per nulla con la seconda parte...

They have even said in interviews that they never won't record the same stuff than before. They always do new stuff. But have to agree that Alexi has changed as composer but it's not a downfall. It is all alexis own choice/devcision, and he wanted to chainge. All those guitar playing and vocals are now more in a professional way according to him. And i like too the 90's bodom the most<3

Reactions: FRETPLAYER_mx