all new "NP" thread -

Moonspell - Sanguine

This song is a perfect example of excellent use of keyboards and samples. I love everything about this song, but especially the keys, which is quite rare with me.

NP: Demiurg - The city of Ib

One day, there will be a metal band that manages to translate Lovecraft's greatest moments into music (Bal-Sagoth would be the must successful today, as I know of). Until then, I can listen to an OWoSDM band as Demiurg which at least tries a little.

One day, there will be a metal band that manages to translate Lovecraft's greatest moments into music (Bal-Sagoth would be the must successful today, as I know of). Until then, I can listen to an OWoSDM band as Demiurg which at least tries a little.

Demiurg \m/

Katatonia - Last Fair Deal Gone Down

Scar Symmetry - The Illusionist

I really like Metallica's Call of Ktulu, personally. The opening is as subtle and shrouded as Lovecraft's prose is in the beginning of the story, and then it builds in the same manner as the story does, with more and more terror building until the emergence of Cthulhu, and then you can feel the power flowing through song as if it was coming from R'yleh itself. But that's just my humble opinion :)

I really like Metallica's Call of Ktulu, personally. The opening is as subtle and shrouded as Lovecraft's prose is in the beginning of the story, and then it builds in the same manner as the story does, with more and more terror building until the emergence of Cthulhu, and then you can feel the power flowing through song as if it was coming from R'yleh itself. But that's just my humble opinion :)

Speking of which, here's a nice video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJ16VIvna34

-Villain