all new "NP" thread -

TheFourthHorseman said:
Pretty good, though I haven't gotten to that song yet. Thanks. The lyrics can get a bit too generic, but that's ok I guess.
Could benefit from more melody, which luckily this song seems to have more than average.

Np: Madder Mortem - Desiderata

Keine Ursache! :) I tend to view the lyrics more as circling around a certain theme than as being generic. I suppose you know their previous releases, so you know that thats how Agnete writes. I really love this band, its probably my most favourite band, cant help but listen and shiver...

marduk1507 said:
I suppose you know their previous releases, so you know that thats how Agnete writes.
No this was my first. I did download All Flesh Is Grass as well, though.
About the lyrics, nevermind that the theme is rather generic in metal of this sort, but sometimes the lyrics get pretty generic for that theme as well.
I like that they keep their songs enough to the point without repeating the chorus over and over. Too bad that in some songs (Changeling and the title track for example) they've found it necessary to have the singer repeat some word over and over, which is pretty dull.
Still, a positive find.

Fair enough. Im glad to spread the disease (as with Necrophagist), but Im still surprised you hadnt known them. Deadlands is also a masterpiece, check out Rust Cleansing, no1 song of mine.

I'm driving myself insane trying to remember what other song has a similar guitar lead, since it sounds particularly great.
Marduk you're responsible so you better know. I mean the lead right at 00:04-00:06 or so, and the same one again at 2:45.

TheFourthHorseman said:

I'm driving myself insane trying to remember what other song has a similar guitar lead, since it sounds particularly great.
Marduk you're responsible so you better know. I mean the lead right at 00:04-00:06 or so, and the same one again at 2:45.

Yeah, that lead is amazing. I dont really know any song with a really similar solo, but it sounds a bit like one of the most beautiful leads ever in The Opening of Eleventh Sephirah from Lux Occulta.

It's just that short lead in the beginning of the song and the beginning of the solo that reminds me of something...drives me crazy really, so I better stop listening to the song for a while.

Np: R.E.M - Losing My Religion