Allu, Wikipedia, and...utter weirdness!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still not sure about pronuncing Roope. Is that R pronunced more like German or English??????

Well, its finnish R :) You should hear somebody from Finland to pronounce it that you could hear the right R. In interviews its funny to listen how some americans etc pronounce their names. Alexi sounds like there is ä in the beginning and Roope sounds like Rrrope...Weird :rolleyes:

Well,very interesting "Allu" in wikipedia ¬¬'
hahahahaha....I just wanna new pic's :p
{Yeah,I know that it no have sense in this topic :D}

Well, its finnish R :) You should hear somebody from Finland to pronounce it that you could hear the right R. In interviews its funny to listen how some americans etc pronounce their names. Alexi sounds like there is ä in the beginning and Roope sounds like Rrrope...Weird :rolleyes:

But I don't know anyone from Finland or at least speaks finnish. :(
I guess I'll just have to try to listen CRY more carefully. I think they were pronuncing it there. Thanks anyway! :)

Yeh, in CRY you can hear the finnish R :) Its like...its kind of "rough" r...Naah, don't know how to describe it, just listen CRY :)

I don't know what the difference in sound is between a and ä, and I have no idea what the difference is between the German, Spanish, Finnish, etc. R sounds. I'll have to check out some of those word pronounciation sites...

I pronounce Alexi as "Ahleksee", the beginning like "Ahhh" not as you would say Alexander in English- "Al". short A not long A.

And for Roope I say (rolled R) "Rrrroh-puh". eh? Is that anywhere near right?

some time ago, someone wrote on the sinergy page this:

"Sadly it is reported that Kimberly Goss is deceased from alcohol poisoning due to acute liver failure. Her mother Kathleen Goss recommends that fans contribute to a local charity under her name for rememberance."

yes, some of you wish this was true, but it isnt. hah. proves how unreliable wikipedia is.

I don't know what the difference in sound is between a and ä, and I have no idea what the difference is between the German, Spanish, Finnish, etc. R sounds. I'll have to check out some of those word pronounciation sites...

I pronounce Alexi as "Ahleksee", the beginning like "Ahhh" not as you would say Alexander in English- "Al". short A not long A.

And for Roope I say (rolled R) "Rrrroh-puh". eh? Is that anywhere near right?

*tries to say Ahleksee* No, just can't say it like that, I sound too weird :D
If you want to get near of finnish pronouncing, its short A in Alexi, just like in Alexander.

There is a difference with R, for example between German, English and Finnish R. Like in English, you pronounce R like behind your mouth, and in Finnish the R is said like in front of the mouth, near teeth. Ok, don't expect you to understand what I'm trying to say :)

*Rrrroh-puh* No, cant say like that either. In Finnish there's no rolled R.

That thing you said about differences between a and ä. I have noticed that there are a few words in English that when you pronounce it, O or A sounds like Finnish ä. And then you are telling us you cant pronounce ä :Smug:

I have no idea was this message usefull, but what ever :)

There is a rolled R in Finnish. But it is different from the Spanish rolled R. I've forgotten most of the Spanish that I learned, I cannot give you an example at the moment. But if you say Roope and rust, there is a difference. Roope has a Finnish rolled R. It's like Rrroope. Not rope. Or the -pe sound in rope. The -pe is more like that in pencil. :lol:

When you say that the a sounds like an ä, a short ä. When you say Alexander, the a sounds like an ä as well, it's an ä if you say it the way Americans do. But when you say Alexi the a sounds like an a. It's a similar a that you say when you say want and like the second a in Laura. A and then Lexie. Put those together and you get Alexi In Alex, the a again sounds like an ä. Makes sense?

Shit, I'm from Finland and saying theres no rolled R in Finnish :lol: Go me! Well, for me rolled R is like very rolled, which sounds weird to my ear.

Zirco explained the whole thing more sensible than I did :) Thanks^^

german and finnish nearly got the same pronouncation. i will say 95%, but how should i say laiho? is it as its written or is it LAJO or LAIJO?

I say: Alexi Laijo

some time ago, someone wrote on the sinergy page this:

"Sadly it is reported that Kimberly Goss is deceased from alcohol poisoning due to acute liver failure. Her mother Kathleen Goss recommends that fans contribute to a local charity under her name for rememberance."

yes, some of you wish this was true, but it isnt. hah. proves how unreliable wikipedia is.

That's the reason why we can't believe in everything we read, specially in internet ... she's a nice girl (Kimberly) and actually I'm a fan of her, so that's would be a tragedy for me ...

It is as its written, Laiho. Laijo is quite close to the right way to pronounce it. I understand if its difficult to say H in the middle. Laijo is more right than all these Lei-ho and Lay-ho things :)

I have studiet german like 2 years now and german and finnish pronouncation are quite same. But we have our own way to pronounce some letters.

If you want to hear how to say Alexi Laiho, watch this interview from 06.38. There you can hear Alexi himself saying his name :)

Someone already said this somewhere and I think it is the best way to say Laiho. Lie is pretty close to the Lai- part of Laiho. So say that and then ho, except without the u-sound in the end. Or watch the interview the Celeb gave. ;)

It is as its written, Laiho. Laijo is quite close to the right way to pronounce it. I understand if its difficult to say H in the middle. Laijo is more right than all these Lei-ho and Lay-ho things :)

I have studiet german like 2 years now and german and finnish pronouncation are quite same. But we have our own way to pronounce some letters.

QUOTE]

If Finnish and German have similar pronunciation it helps a lot for me at least ...

I try to imitate how they pronounce their name based on stuffs that I listened to, such as Chaos Hidden Years documentary ... that's how I have done.

Ye, I think the best way to learn the right pronouncing ist to listen (should we make a new topic for this?)

Ye, I think the best way to learn the right pronouncing ist to listen (should we make a new topic for this?)

I try to listen to learn this sort of issues, that’s a bit why I don't believe so much it's pronounce like it's written, but I study a lot of pronunciation issues, maybe that's why I don't believe in it.

good question =) I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.