Allu and the Clue-by-Four.

Lanterns

1 girl in her cups
May 5, 2003
East Bumblefuck
Alexi's ego is huge.
Alexi only cares about money anymore.
He even admits to fucking up at gigs due to lack of practice.

I read and hear these things over and over again, and they are starting to make me pissed off. At Allu. I'm starting to think that maybe, some time in the near future, some of us should line up and take turns to smack him in the head with a clue-by four. Or some other clue device.
Seriously though, if he doesn't give a fuck about music anymore, he should just give his guitars away and go on fucking reality TV.

No, I have not turned into some dork who bashes Alexi and COB because it's the in thing to do or gives me fulfillment or whatever; those gather on the Battleheart forum and can stay there for all I care.
I just meant to say that if those things I mentioned above are indeed true -at least the practising one IS, as Allu admits himself- then it's a goddamn shame.

PS. Yes, I own a copy of AYDY, and I actually like the album.

I am not surprised if Alexi nor the band has the energy to practice a new song on the road. I take it you are refering to this - a matter of which Alexi also spoke in the most recent interview (viewable at SOB).

I am also sure there is already enough hassle now as it is, going from tour to tour. I mean who of us wouldn't want a day off once in a while? It is often the fans that get blinded and lose focus on the facts with their ever-growing demands.

That's ok in my opinion, that the band, espicially Alexi, is getting a little bit pissed off. I think they just need a break for like 1 or 2 years, and after that go again into studio to make another album, but, it's like they got alot of pressure I think...

yeah, ^ that could explain why he doesnt care anymore, maybe he's trying to teach someone a lesson like his record company or something :erk:

Note to COB Webmaster: If you are going to close this thread, then please have the decency to first make leave a valuable COMMENT. After all -as I have gathered from older posts by you-, you seem to know a lot about Allu and COB, right? Thank you.

Kattana said:
yeah, ^ that could explain why he doesnt care anymore, maybe he's trying to teach someone a lesson like his record company or something :erk:
But it doesn't justify it. He has fans who got him to where he is today. If he is becoming too lazy and self-centered to keep respecting us, and giving us our money's worth by making good music, it's time for a good spanking. Clue...!;)

Allu used to say all the time that he loves music/guitar so much he couldn't live without it; and as an artist myself (painting), I understand that perfectly.
However, should I one day have made 20 million euros with my art (as Allu sure has made with his), I'd STILL try to give my best. He has no excuse.

Lanterns said:
But it doesn't justify it. He has fans who got him to where he is today. If he is becoming too lazy and self-centered to keep respecting us, and giving us our money's worth by making good music, it's time for a good spanking. Clue...!;)

Allu used to say all the time that he loves music/guitar so much he couldn't live without it; and as an artist myself (painting), I understand that perfectly.
However, should I one day have made 20 million euros with my art (as Allu sure has made with his), I'd STILL try to give my best. He has no excuse.
yeah definately, he wrote an album of catchy, easy, popular songs that people would like so he'd get more money so he could get more beer, and still be able to pull the songs off live :erk:
i didnt say justify though, i know it doesnt, i was just trying to work out why he was under pressure :lol:

There's nothing at all wrong with catchiness in music! (@Kattana: Yes, i know you didn't say there was! I just want to point it out.:)) In fact, most of COB's music, as well as other good metal, is catchy to some degree; fuck it if someone thinks that's untr00 or pop or "gay".

I mean:

I agree with you: he need to stop if he don't think that he can do it.

But, he said he hasn't too much time to practice, but it doesn't mean that it make him understand he can't do it. Maybe he think "Hey if I've gone this far, I can assurely go over this pass and continue to make music enven if now it's an hard pass for me and the band." I don't say he overestimate hiself, but he just don't take conscience of what he feel and do.

Nick Brookes said:
Too much touring.

Fetzer said:
But, he said he hasn't too much time to practice

According to Henkka (in an interview) and Janne (on this forum), Alexi does practise while on tour.

Or maybe that was then?

Okay now, you might classify the following words as "waxing poetical" or "talking out of my ass", seeing as I've never been on tour with the Hate Crew.
However, I'll just say this, and I'm sure at least some of you will agree: There's nothing wrong with drinking and recreational drugs as long as you don't get your priorities all fucked up.

If I had an opportunity to give him a good spanking with the clue o' nine tails, I sure would use it. Because it seems like someone really should.

Most of us can't afford to party 24/7 for various reasons. But if you can, then at least please have the decency not to make people travel hundreds of kilometers and PAY you to witness you fucking up at your JOB, right?