Allu, Wikipedia, and...utter weirdness!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I try to listen to learn this sort of issues, that’s a bit why I don't believe so much it's pronounce like it's written, but I study a lot of pronunciation issues, maybe that's why I don't believe in it.

good question =) I don't know.

I think we have one already for pronunciation, lemme try to find it

Of course there are differences between german and finnish pronunciation. But in german there are lots of words which you say them how you write them. And in finnish I guess all the words are like that. Thats why its so easy :p Right now I don't remember is there any other languages where the pronouncing is the same as the spelling (sorry if I'm using wrong words, hope you understand what I mean)

And thx to Celeb!
No problem :)

Well, for me rolled R is like very rolled

Ye, I think the best way to learn the right pronouncing ist to listen

I finally had some time to listen to CRY and I think I know how to pronunce it. :) For me also didn't sound like rolled, it sounded, well, normaly. :) It's kind of very similar to Croatian and I realized that just now, so it is actually easy to pronounce for me. Zirco thanks for explanation :)

some time ago, someone wrote on the sinergy page this:

"Sadly it is reported that Kimberly Goss is deceased from alcohol poisoning due to acute liver failure. Her mother Kathleen Goss recommends that fans contribute to a local charity under her name for rememberance."

yes, some of you wish this was true, but it isnt. hah. proves how unreliable wikipedia is.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! OMG, that's fucking hilarious! :loco: And someone on wikipedia said Fat Jo died and i actually believed it cuz i wish it was true.

Kimberly's mother's name is Elizabeth, not Kathleen. At least according to what Kim says in the booklet of the 1st Sinergy album. In the "Beware the Heavens" booklet she (Kimberly) writes something to the effect of "I want to thank my mom, Elizabeth, for her support". Anyway, I swear the name was "Elizabeth" or "Elisabeth".

@I Spit: What Sinergy page was that where you read that stuff? Can you post a link, please?
[EDIT]You mean the Wikipedia article on Sinergy? Just checked that one out, found nothing of that sort there. Must have been some retarded rumour.

Nah, maybe not the official site but it would probably show up on Scythes-Of-Bodom.

Well not so sure about Scythes, they have said that they are not interested in bands members privatlives. I dont think that if it had been true, it wouldn't have been mentioned in official sites or in Scythes Of Bodom...

Ye, I think the best way to learn the right pronouncing ist to listen (should we make a new topic for this?)

Here are lot of audio samples how Finnish first and last names are pronounced. Alexi isn't in the list but it is pronounced same way than Aleksi, just listen that one.

Well, in Finland only difference between names Alexi and Aleksi is that they are written different ways :)

Of course there are differences between german and finnish pronunciation. But in german there are lots of words which you say them how you write them. And in finnish I guess all the words are like that. Thats why its so easy :p Right now I don't remember is there any other languages where the pronouncing is the same as the spelling (sorry if I'm using wrong words, hope you understand what I mean)

No problem :)

Finnish easy? I don't think so, hahah ... maybe this pronunciation issue but all the other stuffs???

Talking about pronunciation issues ... I was wondering where is the correct stress of Alexi's name ... it is A-le-xi, a-LE-xi or a-le-XI ???

Status
Not open for further replies.