Allu and the Clue-by-Four.

Lanterns said:
Alexi's ego is huge.
Alexi only cares about money anymore.
He even admits to fucking up at gigs due to lack of practice.

I read and hear these things over and over again, and they are starting to make me pissed off. At Allu. I'm starting to think that maybe, some time in the near future, some of us should line up and take turns to smack him in the head with a clue-by four. Or some other clue device.
Seriously though, if he doesn't give a fuck about music anymore, he should just give his guitars away and go on fucking reality TV.

No, I have not turned into some dork who bashes Alexi and COB because it's the in thing to do or gives me fulfillment or whatever; those gather on the Battleheart forum and can stay there for all I care.
I just meant to say that if those things I mentioned above are indeed true -at least the practising one IS, as Allu admits himself- then it's a goddamn shame.

PS. Yes, I own a copy of AYDY, and I actually like the album.

Hm well, first off, congrats for making a really respectable comment. I mean the users may or may not agree with it, but you worded it it a proper way, unlike other people (HCDR) who just flame the band and act so superior. But at any rate...

I don't necessarily agree with you, but then again, I am not musician. I don't play guitar, or know fuck all about music other than that I like heavy metal, and lots of it. I don't know the technical aspects, but I don't care. I just know CoB is by far the greatest metal band, with amazing talents, in my opinion. I've seen them live, and I'm gonna see them again. Last time they seemed to play flawlessly live to me, but then again what do I know. I don't knitpick. All the songs sounded great to me.

As for everything you addressed up there, regarding Alexi and such. Sure he prolly doesn't practice as much, and maybe he is concerned about money a great deal than when he started out, but you gotta look at it this way. You're a teenager, you get signed, your band is catapulted to world fame, you're given legendary guitar playing status, making a shitload of money... that's gonna change you over the years, and put you at a comfortable state of mind in a way, maybe make you unintentionally complacent. He still has a love for music, but it's been stretched and diluted with his real life too, but it's still there. If it wasn't, he wouldn't play. Add to that, the band's hectic, unyielding and downright grueling touring schedule, and that doesn't leave much time for a great concern about every little thing on his part, and I'm sure he's played those songs too many fucking times to count, and he's bored. That's why Roope and him add in all these random licks to the songs. I'm not saying if certians fans think he is getting sloppy, that's an excuse for them to accept, but he's gonna do what he does. You can say tour less, practice more, but he really can't. People say he should cause the fans made him and he has to please the fans because of it... well, tell me another great band that fucking tours as much as them. They do it to please the fans, like you and me. (Someone please email a fucking copy of this to Borknagar btw, those pricks never tour.)

Also I don't think he wrote AYDY 'more catchy' to make money. I think he and the band wanted to try out a new sound, and I think they pulled it off well. I mean, it's not like they're going the route of Atreyu or Trivium, becoming fucking sellout punk-emo-poseur-bitches. He's from another nation, one which doesn't share our same perceptions, and he's had a hard life. At his rate of partying, and what not, he knows he can't do this forever even if he wants to, so he's prolly trying to make the best of it now, musically and financially. The band has to make money to release new records you know, if not the label/investors pull out. Plus he prolly has to tour like crazy so he and the band can make up money they've lost, since everyone downloads there shit and despite the fact the metal following for them is huge, it's really only a fraction of what some rap-emo-fag-popstar would have.

So give the guy a break. I mean, sure he's not nailing the shit 100% like he once did, but unless he's actually playing terrible, or making shitty music, then I think it's forgivable. I bet he's itching to finish off this next tour and then get into the studio. I know I can't wait to hear it. The band is under a lot of pressure so, give them a chance. You're making valid points, but I don't know, harping on the fact he said himself he doesn't practice enough, ionna. Just seems like making a mountian out of a molehill. I'm sure if he does ever sacrifice his talents and cred for money, feel free to crucify me. But I just don't feel that is/will be the case.

Reactions: Poss
i dont think CoB will ever be able to release a bad enough album so that people will stop buying it, maybe if they were a new band that had just released AYDY but with FTR and HB under their belt id say people are still gonna be into them

Watch them all fall off the bandwagon.

Oh wow,they make a shitty album,let's jump off a bridge. So they don't play perfectly 100% live,oh Alexi sucks,he sucks,he sucks. Noone plays 100% not even OMGDiMeBaG! NOONE.

Like my friend said to me:

"I know you can do better, so I'm pushing you in the ass. If somebody else would have made that, I would love that and be amazed, but from you, I can expect more."

That suck and it's fucking hard to take, so, yeah, leave him alone... He's the kind that was a true Bodom fan and who stopped t listen to them when they made Hatecrew Deathroll...

are you talking about me? im not the kinda person thats on about he sucks he sucks he sucks, i was trying to talk to people about it, in a thread about it :erk:
i love all of their albums, i didnt used to like HCDR but i just listened to angels dont kill before and i love it :lol:

Kattana said:
are you talking about me? im not the kinda person thats on about he sucks he sucks he sucks, i was trying to talk to people about it, in a thread about it :erk:
i love all of their albums, i didnt used to like HCDR but i just listened to angels dont kill before and i love it :lol:

Um......k:erk: You JUST listened to Angels Don't Kill?? o_O

:lol:

Kattana said:

Nah,not you. People in general.

I don't believe that Alexi only cares about money... I believe he cares about it, eveyone does, but I think he like's COB. Please, everyone knows it, Hatecrew... He likes his band.
And yes, I believe that he changed and his ego is probably bigger but that isn't a sin. I don't see him as an arrogant person. And the fact that he said he's fucking up at gigs due to lack of practice doesn't mean that he's not practicising anymore.

Sorry but I believe in Alexi's skills, as well as in the skills of the rest of the band. They already proved us that they deserve our respect. I understand u're point of view though, I just don't believe in it. Take care.

Nikkie said:
Watch them all fall off the bandwagon.

Oh wow,they make a shitty album,let's jump off a bridge. So they don't play perfectly 100% live,oh Alexi sucks,he sucks,he sucks. Noone plays 100% not even OMGDiMeBaG! NOONE.
The bandwagon's not in here, dear. Wrong forum.;)

I don't condone jumping off bridges when disappointed by one's favorite artist. And i sure as hell didn't want to start yet another "waahhh, AYDY sucks and Allu played one wrong note at that gig, waaahhh" thread. No.

I don't get to visit every single COB gig, i don't tour with the band or am really close to them in any way; I don't know what's going on. I just keep hearing: deterioration of talent, sloppiness, monay this, drugs that. It is sad when something great and unique turns to shit, right? So I've been asking myself, IS IT REALLY AS BAD AS PEOPLE SAY?

No!!! it's just disapointing i think is what people say, i think theyre just annoyed that Alexi used to put so much effort in and he doesnt anymore

Lanterns said:
The bandwagon's not in here, dear. Wrong forum.;)

I don't condone jumping off bridges when disappointed by one's favorite artist. And i sure as hell didn't want to start yet another "waahhh, AYDY sucks and Allu played one wrong note at that gig, waaahhh" thread. No.

I don't get to visit every single COB gig, i don't tour with the band or am really close to them in any way; I don't know what's going on. I just keep hearing: deterioration of talent, sloppiness, monay this, drugs that. It is sad when something great and unique turns to shit, right? So I've been asking myself, IS IT REALLY AS BAD AS PEOPLE SAY?

Deterioation of talent-nope.
Sloppiness-yes
Money this-nope
Drugs-uh WHAT?! no

ok,so he's 1-4 wrong,no big deal. If he was really in it for the money,he'd be a millionaire by now living in a big house/mansion instead of some apartment in East Helsinki

Alexi doesn't even have time to practice as much as he used to. The tour is exhausting and all of them are under pressure. Give them a break.

Kattana, go listen to Angels Don't Kill when COB play it in Chaos Ridden Years DVD. Listen to it, it's beautiful. I like PMIB and ADK but I preffer ADK.

Nikkie said:
ok,so he's 1-4 wrong,no big deal. If he was really in it for the money,he'd be a millionaire by now living in a big house/mansion instead of some apartment in East Helsinki
he lives in an apartment? i thought he WAS richer than that :erk:

DDarkie said:
I don't believe that Alexi only cares about money... I believe he cares about it, eveyone does, but I think he like's COB.

And the fact that he said he's fucking up at gigs due to lack of practice doesn't mean that he's not practicising anymore.

Yeah, I think something pretty similar... and I think that in the recent interview that we all have read days ago, when Alexi talked about a lack of practice, he was only referring to that song (you all know which, right?)...

I think he probably was trying to say that that song doesn't work live cause they didn't practise about it that much... and not that they don't do practice in playing whichever else song...

Well, surely only a few will agree with me..... so I'm sorry, but this is my opinion...