Am I the only person who hates motorhead?!?

I've been into metal for 20 years and have only recently discovered Motorhead's greatness! I always thought they wrote the same song over and over again. But then, I actually listened to their records. I was shocked at how much variety and groove they so masterfully employ.

They're just a great band.

In 20 years, nobody will even now that In flames is not some other brand of Barbecue Lighter! Nobody will ever confuse between Lemmy and barbecue stuff...fuck nu-metal.

When someone says "i hate this band" i understand it the way "i hate this bands music". Same with reverse "i love this band".

take note: Motorhead was active in the 70's-80's. obviously, their lyrics & music won't match up to today's styles. but they laid the foundation for faster, lyrically better metal. so think about that.

speed said:
Jesus Christ, what a pathetic bunch of whiners. How the fuck can you hate motorhead? Even if you hate their music, you have to respect their influence on the genre, as well as the fact these guys lived the life. Fucking hell, Lemmy was a bona fide rebel metal rock star, with all the drugs, fun, women etc. what the hell is even In Flames- are they rock stars? Fuck no. WOuld half the bands be around today if they didnt hear motorhead- and believe in the 80s that they could be rock stars too?

So, we should respect them because they "lived the life"? You're full of shit. Not everyone appreciates that life style, or wants to live it. Now, if you're talking about their influence on the other hand, that's different. However, you must understand, it's possible to hate a band and respect their influence on a genre.

while motorhead seems monotonous and monodynamic to me, i respect their contribution to the genre of metal, and that they've connected to so many people.

PaulRawNerve said:
motorhead are SHIT!!! absolutely SHIT!! the ace of spades is rubbish and every song just sounds the same as that!!

same goes for ac/dc.. i never understood people liking either band..

SHIT SHIT SHIT!! ARGHARGAHRGHAG!!!
:)

You brought back a 6-month-old thread for this bit of genius?

MOTORHEAD FUCKING RULES. THAT IS NOT A QUESTION TO BE ASKED. MOTORHEAD RULES LIKE BLACK SABBATH AND PRIEST AND THE SCORPIONS RULE --- BEYOND CRITICISM FROM CHEESY LITTLE KIDS.

Period.

The Grimace said:
You brought back a 6-month-old thread for this bit of genius?

MOTORHEAD FUCKING RULES. THAT IS NOT A QUESTION TO BE ASKED. MOTORHEAD RULES LIKE BLACK SABBATH AND PRIEST AND THE SCORPIONS RULE --- BEYOND CRITICISM FROM CHEESY LITTLE KIDS.

Period.

They're cool, but like Priest and Sabbath? :err: Hell no. And this thread was six months old? Wow. I didn't even notice when I posted in it, I assumed it was new myself, since it had been brought to the top.

to The Grimace...
what does it matter how old it is? a discussion like this is relevant whenever it is answered in...
only Black Sabbath from the bands you mentioned 'rule', Judas Priest are pathetic, The Scorpions are absolutely dire, and Motorhead are a one very bad trick horse! (of course, all my own opinion, so you can't say I am right or wrong!)... and as for calling me a 'cheesy little kid'.
hmmm. i doubt that very much.

PaulRawNerve said:
only Black Sabbath from the bands you mentioned 'rule', Judas Priest are pathetic, The Scorpions are absolutely dire, and Motorhead are a one very bad trick horse!

Either you have never heard 70s Priest or Scorpions, or you're a real lame-o. Either way... :Smug:

(of course, all my own opinion, so you can't say I am right or wrong!)

Try this on for size... YOU'S FUCKING WRONGMO TO DEH MAX.

PaulRawNerve said:
to The Grimace...
what does it matter how old it is? a discussion like this is relevant whenever it is answered in...
only Black Sabbath from the bands you mentioned 'rule', Judas Priest are pathetic, The Scorpions are absolutely dire, and Motorhead are a one very bad trick horse! (of course, all my own opinion, so you can't say I am right or wrong!)... and as for calling me a 'cheesy little kid'.
hmmm. i doubt that very much.

Judas Priest are pathetic? Seeing as it was THEM that developed metal into a genre, you're calling the whole genre of metal pathetic. Personally, that being the case, I think it's time for you to start hanging out at a non-metal message board rather than the non-metal forum of a metal message board. A place like that would be much more fitting for you. :Smug:

so just because i don't like a band that were there at the start of the genre doesn't mean i don't like the entire genre, i just don't like that particular band, and think lots more bands do it a lot better.

of course i've heard all their old stuff/new stuff, allsorts of stuff, i'm not just saying this for the sake of it, i DON'T LIKE THOSE BANDS! simple as that. I can hang around at the metal forums, the non metal forums, anywhere I like as I have an appreciation and a love for all sorts of styles, the more extreme and intense the better, just because i don't agree with you doesn't mean I am necessarily right or wrong, none of us are right or wrong....

is it just me, or have we all heard this argument before.. christ!! get over yourselves will ya!

If you don't like metal, you shouldn't be hanging out at a metal forum, right?

If you claim the band that started metal as a genre is "lame" you don't like metal. It's a very simple train of thought to follow.

If it wasn't for them, metal would have began and died with Black Sabbath. You may think their music isn't that great, however, you have to admit that they've had great influence and for that alone aren't "lame".

Blade Golem said:
If you don't like metal, you shouldn't be hanging out at a metal forum, right?

If you claim the band that started metal as a genre is "lame" you don't like metal. It's a very simple train of thought to follow.

If it wasn't for them, metal would have began and died with Black Sabbath. You may think their music isn't that great, however, you have to admit that they've had great influence and for that alone aren't "lame".

i fucking LOVE metal, it is pretty much my entire life, it doesn't mean I have to like judas priest OR motorhead OR even Iron Maiden or whoever, i like exactly who i like, and regardless of your opinions of what i like or don't like, i still fucking LOVE metal beyond anything else! there is a difference between liking a band and accepting what they did for a certain genre, which i have not once argued!

PaulRawNerve said:
i fucking LOVE metal, it is pretty much my entire life, it doesn't mean I have to like judas priest OR motorhead OR even Iron Maiden or whoever, i like exactly who i like, and regardless of your opinions of what i like or don't like, i still fucking LOVE metal beyond anything else! there is a difference between liking a band and accepting what they did for a certain genre, which i have not once argued!

I don't seem to recall saying anything about Motorhead or Iron Maiden. Your attitude that Priest is lame made it seem like you think they just happened to be there, and weren't helpful to the genre. What sub-genres of metal do you predominantly listen to, anyway? That could explain quite a bit.