Am I the only person who hates motorhead?!?

hey blade, i added those names in as an example, and because they were mentioned in the thread too!

the main sub-genres i like are death, black, grind, chaotic stuff really, the more extreme side, but i also do love thrash, prog metal, i don't like power metal, and like some parts of straight forward heavy metal... but i also do love other forms of music as well, so i have an appreciation for a LOT of different styles of music, and just don't like those bands, something about their sound I really can't get into. not because i don't like metal, i just don't like those bands. i've never once said that all/any of those bands 'aren't helpful to the genre', i am sure they get millions of people worldwide into metal and that is a good thing, but they don't do anything for ME personally. simple.

PaulRawNerve said:
hey blade, i added those names in as an example, and because they were mentioned in the thread too!

the main sub-genres i like are death, black, grind, chaotic stuff really, the more extreme side, but i also do love thrash, prog metal, i don't like power metal, and like some parts of straight forward heavy metal... but i also do love other forms of music as well, so i have an appreciation for a LOT of different styles of music, and just don't like those bands, something about their sound I really can't get into. not because i don't like metal, i just don't like those bands. i've never once said that all/any of those bands 'aren't helpful to the genre', i am sure they get millions of people worldwide into metal and that is a good thing, but they don't do anything for ME personally. simple.

It's not about how many people they get into metal, it's about them creating metal, and laying down the musical standards for it. Your attitude alone made you seem to not be giving Priest any of the credit they deserve, that's all.

I asked about genres, because someone who's primarily a fan of extreme metal wouldn't appreciate Judas Priest as much as, say, a traditional metal fan. I would like to note, though, that as little as you like Priest, they've done some proto-thrash work in the '70s that was pretty clearly the predecessor to thrash. :loco:

This thread shows exactly why I'm being more lenient with non-metal threads in the GMD, so I don't subject said threads to the really fucking gay posts of people like Slayerized and speed.

What the hell GOD? Fuck you. At least I am not ego tripping around other threads for fucks sake. " If only I was the moderator--I am so fucking special now that I am a moderator." How pathetic.

PaulRawNerve said:
just cos i am primarily a fan of extreme metal doesn't mean i don't have the appreciation for them or anyone else, i have more appreciation for them than liking, that's what i have been trying to say!!!
:p

Yeah, and I got that, however, you didn't come across that way at first, which is what I've been trying to tell you.

No, you're dumb because you don't see the discrepancy in calling a legendary band "pathetic" and then claiming that you still "appreciate" them. Dumbass.

EDIT: I just realized that this is a carbon copy of the post I just made, which means I'm getting nowhere, which means I'm done with this shit.

speed said:
What the hell GOD? Fuck you. At least I am not ego tripping around other threads for fucks sake. " If only I was the moderator--I am so fucking special now that I am a moderator." How pathetic.

Sure thing homestar.

Jonoleth said:
Frankly I just find Motorheqad a bit boring, respect them I do but is it just me or is every song just Ace Of Spades with slightly different lyrics?

well you need to do some more exploring. some of their songs are way slower than "ace of spades". listen to "dogs of war", "evolution", "hellraiser", "born to raise hell"

You nailed it 6 on 6. When I heard the Acura commercial I 1st thought someone was stepping on a cat ! I'm sure at some folks enjoy such cacophony , it honestly hurts. Anyone's grandparents [ assuming they're over 80 y.o] could match those dynamic ,gutteral tones. Seriuosly, who finds that aurally pleasing ? P.S. , if this person is no longer with us , I mean no disrespectful.

Everybody i know disagrees with me but i just can't understand how anyone can like them! The songs are just annoying and lemmy's voice sounds like he's pushing out a shit! The must be somebody who agrees with me....? :confused:
I do, on top of lousy songs, their image is immensely disgraceful.

I do, on top of a number of lousy songs, their image is immensely disgraceful, and in conclusion, I never knew
of a metal band with a wider known of a name, to suck so bad.

Last edited:
Yes you are probably the only person that hates MOTORHEAD . You might change your mind if you listen to their record 1916 and read the lyrics. My favorite MOTORHEAD song and video is definitely "killed by death".