American Idol: Season 7 thread

After season 2 (where Clay Aiken clearly earned the victory)Jason

Speaking of Clay, I saw video of him on some morning talk show the other day. What a fucking freak. The dude looks like a damn mannequin. He seriously creeped me out. If he performed I certainly didn't watch long enough to see it. At the time of AI he was sorta working the same angle as Archuleta with the whole squeaky clean thing. But man, if he were to go on the show now he would just scare people.

So David A.'s dad was banned from the show and rehearsals now??? LOL

He got banned because he tried to change lyrics without TPTB's permission. According to those backstage, Daddy Dearest has been a thorn in everyone's side since Day One. However, Daddy Dearest was NOT banned from attending the show, just backstage.

He got banned because he tried to change lyrics without TPTB's permission. According to those backstage, Daddy Dearest has been a thorn in everyone's side since Day One. However, Daddy Dearest was NOT banned from attending the show, just backstage.

So, that's why Randy has been up the Arch's ass so much this season! He's probably afraid of his dad. :lol: Seriously, the dude sings the same song week after week and the judges, especially Randy, can't seem to get enough of him. It truly is sickening to watch! :puke:

~Brian~

Thorns, Gaspy was hideous this week. Cook wiped the floor with him tonight. David Cook is all set to win this.

And poor Lord Hee Haw will have to deal with Gaspy and Daddy Dearest.

Thorns, Gaspy was hideous this week. Cook wiped the floor with him tonight. David Cook is all set to win this.

And poor Lord Hee Haw will have to deal with Gaspy and Daddy Dearest.

:lol: So, who is Lord Hee Haw? Gaspy's little boo song last night was a total joke, but of course we have Randy right up his ass regardless. :rolleyes: I told my wife that I have no idea why the AI machine waste their money paying both Randy and Paula. Neither one of them EVER give any constructive advice.

~Brian~

:lol: So, who is Lord Hee Haw? Gaspy's little boo song last night was a total joke, but of course we have Randy right up his ass regardless. :rolleyes: I told my wife that I have no idea why the AI machine waste their money paying both Randy and Paula. Neither one of them EVER give any constructive advice.

~Brian~

Lord Hee Haw = Nigel Lythgoe, Executive Producer and CEO of 19 Entertainment.

I picked up that name in the WW II propaganda cartoon "Tokio Jokio", when it parodied Brooklyn born, British Nazi sympathizer. Lord Haw Haw. BTW, Lord Hee Haw is depicted as a donkey in that cartoon.

Regarding Randy and Paula: Paula they should dump. I'd rather see someone like Romina Power, Katrina Lescanich or Melissa Ferlaak as a judge than Paula. Even Liv Kristine would be a better fit than Paula. If nothing else, Liv is nice to look at.

Randy, despite his experience, is there because he is a minority. His tenure at MCA, where he was VP of A&R, was a disaster (see "Hennesy, Carly"), he was a session musician who got lucky with Journey for one album, and has REALLY lost touch. However, if there was a more accomplished MAINSTREAM minority exec, Randy would have been long gone.

Lord Hee Haw = Nigel Lythgoe, Executive Producer and CEO of 19 Entertainment.

I picked up that name in the WW II propaganda cartoon "Tokio Jokio", when it parodied Brooklyn born, British Nazi sympathizer. Lord Haw Haw. BTW, Lord Hee Haw is depicted as a donkey in that cartoon.

Regarding Randy and Paula: Paula they should dump. I'd rather see someone like Romina Power, Katrina Lescanich or Melissa Ferlaak as a judge than Paula. Even Liv Kristine would be a better fit than Paula. If nothing else, Liv is nice to look at.

Randy, despite his experience, is there because he is a minority. His tenure at MCA, where he was VP of A&R, was a disaster (see "Hennesy, Carly"), he was a session musician who got lucky with Journey for one album, and has REALLY lost touch. However, if there was a more accomplished MAINSTREAM minority exec, Randy would have been long gone.

Well, to hear Randy tell it, he founded and made Mariah Carey what she is today. Basically, I think both Randy and Paula are useless.

~Brian~

Well, to hear Randy tell it, he founded and made Mariah Carey what she is today. Basically, I think both Randy and Paula are useless.

~Brian~

I guess Randy never heard of a gent named Tommy Mottola. After all, while Jackson was at Columbia, Mottola was his BOSS. Furthermore, I think Sr. Mottola was married to someone named Mariah Carey.

Yes, Randy is useless.

I don't know what's worse. This thread or actually sitting down to watch the show. I don't watch the show. But come on. People saying Liv Kristine (next they'll say one of the nightwish whores :rolleyes: ) would be a better addition to the show than Paula? And not even for the musical insight, but because people actually think they're more attractive? Setting aside for a moment the laughingstock that is picking a judge on appearance, I again repeat that Liv is apparently attractive? Good god.

I won't speak for the commentary since again I don't watch the show, but Paula Abdul is far better looking, at least in my opinion. Much more importantly, her album sales, especially the 80s ones, eclipse Kristine or any other hopeless metal gargoyle to the maximum.

as for Randy, "who the F is randy" should suffice to describe his importance.

I don't know what's worse. This thread or actually sitting down to watch the show. I don't watch the show. But come on. People saying Liv Kristine (next they'll say one of the nightwish whores :rolleyes: ) would be a better addition to the show than Paula? And not even for the musical insight, but because people actually think they're more attractive? Setting aside for a moment the laughingstock that is picking a judge on appearance, I again repeat that Liv is apparently attractive? Good god.

I won't speak for the commentary since again I don't watch the show, but Paula Abdul is far better looking, at least in my opinion. Much more importantly, her album sales, especially the 80s ones, eclipse Kristine or any other hopeless metal gargoyle to the maximum.

as for Randy, "who the F is randy" should suffice to describe his importance.

I might have gone a bit overboard with Liv. But, come on. Have you ever listened to Paula Abdul when it comes to judging? She says NOTHING of relevance. She acts more like a mother than a judge. Now, if this was So You Think You Can Dance, nobody would question Paula's expertise as she IS a choreographer. But for a singing competition, Paula is as useless as Randy is.

As for tonight? Western Union could have saved us the money on the "shocker". :puke::puke:

Finally hearing David Cook. He sounds good, but the songs he chose.. he's matching himself with Coverdale and Cornell? I don't think he matches up well. Pop candy is all he'll appeal to... I think. I can't imagine anybody really into Whitesnake/Chris Cornell thinking he'd be great. Daughtry was better anyhow.

I don't watch the show so I don't know how she judges. She's a great vocalist though.

I don't believe I've ever heard anyone say that Paula Abdul is a "great" vocalist. :) Paula is hot, so I'll give you that. My bedroom walls were plastered with posters of her when I was a young teen back in the late 80's. :lol: I had it bad for Paula back in those days!

~Brian~

Paula Abdul and Peter Gabriel collaborated??

**Are you thinking of Paula Cole?

I was scratching my head wondering when Paula Abdul collaborated with Peter Gabriel too. I wasn't going to question Kenneth's knowledge, but I couldn't picture those two paired up. I know that Paula Abdul teamed up with Janet Jackson a time or two. :)

Paula Cole is definitely a better fit for Peter Gabriel.

~Brian~