American Idol: Season 7 thread

Actually, Sanjaya was the best thing to happen last season. Yes, he was hideous. However, he was ENTERTAINING. Last season's lineup was like watching grass grow.....Melinda Doolittle was, and still is, a backup singer for a reason. She had the personality of a pomegranate.

But, what many of you, and many "Idol" fans don't realize is that AI is NOT about talent. If it was, you would see a very different competition. AI is about making good Reality TV and for the viewer to laugh at bad singing. That is why many great singers are turned away at auditions. Look at Jordin Sparks. She was sent packing at the LA auditions. Then, how the hell did she win AI? Well, she won "Arizona Idol", which was sponsored by the local FOX affiliate. The prize was a DIRECT slot to perform in front of the judges of AI in Seattle. No waiting on line. No dealing with the Producers. Just a straight up-or-down with the judges aka the Journey session musician who signed Carly Smithson aka Hennessy to what is classroom material for the biggest flop in music history; The town drunk who once was the Laker Girls choreographer, who has nothing of relevance to say in music; and a former BMG director who saw two labels crash and whose idea of great music included the Wrestling Album (He said that in an interview!)

This year, everybody is a plant. The ones who weren't are long gone.

This, my friend, is what we are dealing with.

So, why do I watch? I watch to get my laughs watching karaoke almost as bad as mine. Afterwards, I put on a Nightwish/Epica/Operatika/Kamelot/Dream Evil/Sonata Arctica/Zandelle/Suspyre or any other CD, and listen to REAL talent.

Thanks for listening to Suspyre after it...wanna know a secret?

Season 3...I made it through round 1 of 3 but got turned away in round 2. I wasn't what the producers were looking for.

I did not sing power metal just in case you were thinking that.

Oh, man. You probably would have won the whole shebang. However, you would have been singing that pablum pap and not the stuff that you do so well. Oh, well.

i think the way the votes should work is part of it it based on the nationwide voting, but balanced out with the judges vote.

I think the contestants should have to perform challenges each week and the winner is given immunity. By winning immunity they not only are safe from the American Publics' *cough*vote*cough* they also don't have to do the insipid Ford commercial for that week. :lol:

The funny thing stingray is that if you think he would of won the whole shebang, he wouldn't have, because remember, you vote for the worst, so your logic would of gotten him booted.

Yeah, quite honestly, I've never heard more worthless judging in my life. She adds absolutely nothing constructive. It's always something like, "you are... who you are....you just shine..... blah, blah blah".

The mistake the other night was ridiculous.

Jason

David needs to go leave and go do what he is fit for, DISNEY. Jason Castro needs to hear some metal, because he is stuck doing the same chilled(and how Simon says it, at an annoying lou-out)crap.

The funny thing stingray is that if you think he would of won the whole shebang, he wouldn't have, because remember, you vote for the worst, so your logic would of gotten him booted.

You see, you don't understand how VFTW operates. VFTW takes into account many factors, notwithstanding the producers rooting for someone else. TPTB spend many hours "pimping" the person they want to see win. They want to ram their choice down America's throats. Look at all the feedback with David Archuleta. TPTB and the judges act like he is the second coming of Frank Sinatra. Have you listened to him? He forgets his lyrics, he sings out of tune, and he reminds me of a troll. Do you think he has a chance at stardom? He'll be lucky to sell 200K CDs. They bring all the sorority girls from UCLA to fawn over him, to make him look cool. He ain't.

Now, look at Brooke White. She is the PERFECT Idol: Looks, connectivity, charm, marketability and musical talent. She has a natural charm about her. Why did the TPTB root against her?

1) She is a songwriter - Clive Davis HATES singer/songwriters.
2) She is not, nor does she present herself as, a whore - Looking and acting like a $5 hooker is a pre-requisite for pop-music females.
3) She has morals - A DEFINITE no-no. She was distressed by Neil Diamond's playlist because the songs were about either alcohol or women.

Now that the world is seeing that AI is what it is: A rigged contest. (Thank you, Paula), you are going to wonder when real people will start seeing through this.

Peace.

While it's definitely true that the producers take many things into account - I'm sure they also considered that Brooke just isn't as good as the others. I've enjoyed some of what she's done, but not nearly as much as the others who remain. Producers may play a large role, but is the show rigged? I doubt it.

There's what, 4 people left now? She made it far enough - when it gets this close to the end, it becomes apparent who isn't quite as good as the others.

It's debatable whether Jason is better than Brooke, but he's got much more charm than Brook will ever have, so I'm sure he'll continue riding on that.

Brooke White has no charm, no talent, no connectivity, and I'm sorry she says I'm sorry. She has less charm than my left nut. I am not saying it is rigged, but the judges have their opinions, and if they are not what yours is you think they are trying to sway everyones decision, they aren't. Maybe Simon enjoys what Archuleta does, cause we all like stuff others don't and vice versa. It's not rigged, just not going the way you want it to, it's as simple as that.

I'd say pretty good... she definitely channeled Brooke for a few minutes there by bawling her eyes out after the Sam Cooke song. I wouldn't be surprised if the "shocker" is David Cook getting the boot tonight ... it's about time to kick the rocker to the curb judging by past seasons of Idol.

Soooo.... given that Castro was apparently trying to get himself voted off last night, what are the odds that Syesha is the one who ends up booted off?

Yeah, it seems that Jason was too busy smokin' his dope this past week to practice any songs. :lol: I mean, what the hell has he been doing for the last week to not be able to play two, half songs? I can't wait for this season to be over, so that we all can move on with our lives. I can only watch AI every other year, because it burns me out too much watching an entire season of this bullshit! :Spin: I have no idea why I inflict this torture on myself?

~Brian~

LOL, I know what you mean Brian. After season 2 (where Clay Aiken clearly earned the victory), I basically only watched for the laugh factor of the first few shows for the bad auditions. This season I figured, what the hell, and found it to be as frustrating and lame as ever.

Jason

Soooo.... given that Castro was apparently trying to get himself voted off last night, what are the odds that Syesha is the one who ends up booted off?

Jason actually mouthed, "Don't vote" to his fans.:lol::headbang: A Pure VFTW victory!
He clearly has had it with Nigel's manipulating for the David/David final.

If Da Arch wins, it will be such a catastrophe for Idol. He will sell fewer records than Pathosray has in the US.:lol:

It's cute to vote for the dork. Buying a dork's CD? Not so cute.