American Idol: Season 7 thread

whenever i heard michael johns sing, all i ever heard/saw was jim morrison...when he sang 'dream on'...he sounded like steven tyler...he kinda takes on the persona of whoever sang the song that he chooses to sing...he is not very original...but it was kind of a shock to see him voted off....

...and the rest of these clowns are original? I've not seen one "original" person come off this show during the previous 6 seasons and I dare say that anyone "original" will come out of the 7th season either.

~Brian~

Finally, Kristy is gone, even though I wanted Brooke gone just as much, she just annoys the dayliving shit out of me. It just was't the same without Johns there. I don't see anything amazing about David, even though he is a little more entertaining than the rest, but he needs to take his ego down a notch, because just by looking at him you can tell he thinks he is hot shit(and I know what hot shit looks like, and he gives me the same kind of looks).

Finally, Kristy is gone, even though I wanted Brooke gone just as much, she just annoys the dayliving shit out of me. It just was't the same without Johns there. I don't see anything amazing about David, even though he is a little more entertaining than the rest, but he needs to take his ego down a notch, because just by looking at him you can tell he thinks he is hot shit(and I know what hot shit looks like, and he gives me the same kind of looks).

100% agreed. I actually could have handled one more week of Kristy if it meant Brooke got eliminated last night.

Brooke is just way too Children of the Corn for my tastes.

David's acts like he's doing everyone a favor by performing. Almost as if he's already some huge rock star. He seems pretty damn generic to me and his ego has been a huge turn off all season. Also, there's something wrong when a guy his age is already doing a really bad comb-over.

Still think Jason Castro is the only likable one in the group. He seems genuine and never gives me that garbage "must do everything over the top" performance/personality that I get from Carly.

David's acts like he's doing everyone a favor by performing. Almost as if he's already some huge rock star. He seems pretty damn generic to me and his ego has been a huge turn off all season. Also, there's something wrong when a guy his age is already doing a really bad comb-over.

Most, if not all, rock stars have an ego. Look at the musicians in our favorite genres that we see as legendary.

Even though I don't think Kristy Lee Cook is the best singer, I have to admit I started liking her in the past few weeks. She's got a good attitude despite being constantly beaten to death by Simon, and she's probably the least egotistical and arrogant of the group. She finally decided to show some charisma, although, as a singer, I'll agree with Simon. She's forgettable.

Oh yeah, she's very cute too.

I hope Jason Castro wins it.

The only ones that I have a problem with is Syesha and David Archelleta (spelling?) Otherwise, I like the group. Jason Castro grew on me due to his attitude. He just acts like he doesn't give a rat's ass in a good way. He cracks me up!

~Brian~

Believe it or not I got Brooke White winning the whole shebang, with Jason Castro second, Da Arch and David Cook going 3rd and 4th. Why? I truly believe that this thing is rigged. The way they staged last nights elimination was so phony I was rendered speechless. Carly is probably going next. No way at this point they can continue to justify protecting her. Syesha will go 5th. Da Arch will be the "shocker" in the round of three.

Question: Is it just me, or is Paula uncomfortably obvious about wanting to bang the shit out of David Archuleta?

I mean, she's like this with someone every year, but seriously, David Archuleta???

Paula is a waste on Idol. She looks stoned and drunk half the time. The other half she says things that are so unintelligible, she might as well be drunk. She should be on "So you Think you can Dance". She is a choreographer by trade. At least there she would have a sliver of credibility. I would love to see AI pick up someone like Katrina Leskanich (Katrina and the Waves) who has a EuroVision win under her belt. Plus, she is the only American ever to win it. If not her, then Minnesota Schubert Center head Melissa Ferlaak would be a great choice.

But, Paula has as much business being on AI as John Tesh has headlining ProgPower.

I think tonight is going to be interesting with them doing Andrew Lloyd Webber. Let's see if somebody does Nightwish's version of Phantom of the Opera. I'm thinking Carly will do phantom of the opera.

I think that's precisely why I'll watch the results show... Brooke's meltdown when she gets voted off will be LEGEN- wait for it -DARY!

I can't wait to see Brooke kicked off, and I wonder if she is going to fuck the song up again, and say, I'm sorry. I'm sorry too, for having to listen to your crap all of these weeks, get out of here.

Brooke ain't going anywhere. I think Carly or Jason will be history. Brooke was a lesser train wreck than Jason and David A. David A. missed HALF his words. But, he could take a dump on the stage and scream "Jason Mendonca is God! HAIL SAAAAAAAAAAATAANNNNNNN!" and still be safe.

about pissed myself with the legen....dary thing. I love that show.

My bottom 3 are Jason, Brooke, and Carly...just repeating what it seems everyone else is feeling. I could see brooke getting sympathy votes from her fans. Honestly, I think anyone could go. It's getting to be about the time where something weird happens because people stopped voting for archeleta or something because they figure he's safe. It's going to be an interesting night.

I to am a very, very big How I Met Your Mother Fan! :headbang:

Now on subject, I think the bottom three should be: Jason, Brook, and David Archeletta. I honestly think the other three contestants had better performances. I agree with the above comment about David Archeletta. That little jackass doesn't even have to sing to make it to the final round. At least Simon didn't kiss his ass last night like Randy and Paula did though. :rolleyes: I don't think I've ever seen more of an annoying contestant than him.

If justice is served, then Brook should be voted off tonight.

~Brian~