American Idol: Season 7 thread

Again, based upon Tuesday's performances Brooke and Jason needed to be in the bottom two. I don't know who I'm kidding, because 12 year old girls are the only ones that have the patience and time to call in and vote. I guess I don't really have a right to complain. Oh well.....:rolleyes:

~Brian~

Again, based upon Tuesday's performances Brooke and Jason needed to be in the bottom two. I don't know who I'm kidding, because 12 year old girls are the only ones that have the patience and time to call in and vote. I guess I don't really have a right to complain. Oh well.....:rolleyes:

~Brian~

The problem is not you. The problem is the way the voting is done. The VAST majority of votes are done by the blogosphere. Idol Forum, The AI boards, and my beloved VoteForTheWorst.com have tons of equipment like Skype, Gizmo, and DialIdol, and other PC based software that pumps out THOUSANDS of calls in an hour. Last year, I PERSONALLY dialed off 1300 calls to keep Sanjaya on the week before he was eliminated. This does NOT include over 500 busies (577 to be exact, according to my notes from that week)

This week, I pumped out 600 (644) calls for Brooke. The average 'Tween may do maybe 5% of that tops.

But, then again, votes matter when it is convenient for them to matter. Still, Brooke White will win American Idol.

The problem is not you. The problem is the way the voting is done. The VAST majority of votes are done by the blogosphere. Idol Forum, The AI boards, and my beloved VoteForTheWorst.com have tons of equipment like Skype, Gizmo, and DialIdol, and other PC based software that pumps out THOUSANDS of calls in an hour. Last year, I PERSONALLY dialed off 1300 calls to keep Sanjaya on the week before he was eliminated. This does NOT include over 500 busies (577 to be exact, according to my notes from that week)

This week, I pumped out 600 (644) calls for Brooke. The average 'Tween may do maybe 5% of that tops.

But, then again, votes matter when it is convenient for them to matter. Still, Brooke White will win American Idol.

You take this stuff way too seriously...

Sanjaya Malakar basically ruined last season. Changing the format to allow the judges to vote off one contestant, perhaps right before the top 3, would insulate the show against people like you who vote for the idiots just for the sake of voting for the idiots.

Why do people waste their time voting for something they obviously don't care for. I think it is fair for people to get votes only from fans, not people who have no life and fuck it up for everybody else who does care and want it to be fair. If Brooke wins, I will personally kick everybody's ass who voted for her who thought she sucked. Say it was your best friend and they got kicked off because of idiots, wouldn't you be changing your tune.

Sanjaya Malakar basically ruined last season. Changing the format to allow the judges to vote off one contestant, perhaps right before the top 3, would insulate the show against people like you who vote for the idiots just for the sake of voting for the idiots.

I really think that the format should be reversed to "Vote for the person that you want to leave this week." As opposed to voting for those that should stay. Makes more sense to me.

Every year though, someone really good goes home too early because of the popularity/swooning contest factor.

I really think that the format should be reversed to "Vote for the person that you want to leave this week." As opposed to voting for those that should stay. Makes more sense to me.

Every year though, someone really good goes home too early because of the popularity/swooning contest factor.

That would certainly be more entertaining, IMO. Honestly, I watch to root against the ones I hate probably more than I watch to root for the ones I like. This is typically because my favorites almost always get voted off early. This year is actually an exception with Castro still alive. Once he's gone I don't think I'll watch anymore, as I don't think I could stomach seeing any of those other idiots win.

You seriously like Castro? I can't stand his stoner-like attitude, but the teenage girls love him so he sticks around.

I'm pulling for David Cook. I think Idol has learned from watching the success that Daughtry had with a radio-rock record, and will either push Cook to do that type of disc, or give him a little freedom to do so if he won. I dont' think they'd force him to do a pop record like they did to Bo Bice, which absolutely flopped.

You seriously like Castro? I can't stand his stoner-like attitude, but the teenage girls love him so he sticks around.

I'm pulling for David Cook. I think Idol has learned from watching the success that Daughtry had with a radio-rock record, and will either push Cook to do that type of disc, or give him a little freedom to do so if he won. I dont' think they'd force him to do a pop record like they did to Bo Bice, which absolutely flopped.

I typically can't stand the whole "stoner" act. But he comes across to me as someone who doesn't really have a whole lot invested emotionally in the outcome. Whereas Brooke White probably cries herself to sleep every night. Castro seems to have zero ego and actually seems like a good guy. Cook has a disgusting ego problem and IMO he's well suited to front any generic rock band. That may be great for Idol purposes, but it doesn't do anything for me.

Actually, Sanjaya was the best thing to happen last season. Yes, he was hideous. However, he was ENTERTAINING. Last season's lineup was like watching grass grow.....Melinda Doolittle was, and still is, a backup singer for a reason. She had the personality of a pomegranate.

But, what many of you, and many "Idol" fans don't realize is that AI is NOT about talent. If it was, you would see a very different competition. AI is about making good Reality TV and for the viewer to laugh at bad singing. That is why many great singers are turned away at auditions. Look at Jordin Sparks. She was sent packing at the LA auditions. Then, how the hell did she win AI? Well, she won "Arizona Idol", which was sponsored by the local FOX affiliate. The prize was a DIRECT slot to perform in front of the judges of AI in Seattle. No waiting on line. No dealing with the Producers. Just a straight up-or-down with the judges aka the Journey session musician who signed Carly Smithson aka Hennessy to what is classroom material for the biggest flop in music history; The town drunk who once was the Laker Girls choreographer, who has nothing of relevance to say in music; and a former BMG director who saw two labels crash and whose idea of great music included the Wrestling Album (He said that in an interview!)

This year, everybody is a plant. The ones who weren't are long gone.

This, my friend, is what we are dealing with.

So, why do I watch? I watch to get my laughs watching karaoke almost as bad as mine. Afterwards, I put on a Nightwish/Epica/Operatika/Kamelot/Dream Evil/Sonata Arctica/Zandelle/Suspyre or any other CD, and listen to REAL talent.

It is still not fair to vote for the worst ones so that the best ones get kicked off, so don't get enough time to get better and prove themselves. Michael Johns was getting better and better every week, and he got the shaft probably because of people voting for the worst, and I actually enjoyed watching him sing, as did my wife, and we got that taken away because people enjoy listening to the shit and laughing at them. I laugh at bad singing, but I'd rather watch the show without the bad singers and enjoy the ones who I enjoy, and because of voting for the worst, I get shafted from some entertainment that I share with my wife, so thank you!!! for taking away the good singers I enjoyed and leaving me with annoying bitches. If I wanted to listen to the talented singers I enjoy, I would just not watch the show and listen to the cds, but I want some different entertainment and I watch the show, and enjoy the best singers. If I want to watch the worst singers, then I would just watch the auditions at the beginning, then stop watching altogether after that. Watch the show and get your laughs, but be fair and don't vote for the worst ones, just watch it and enjoy it, and please don't vote.

It is still not fair to vote for the worst ones so that the best ones get kicked off, so don't get enough time to get better and prove themselves. Michael Johns was getting better and better every week, and he got the shaft probably because of people voting for the worst, and I actually enjoyed watching him sing, as did my wife, and we got that taken away because people enjoy listening to the shit and laughing at them. I laugh at bad singing, but I'd rather watch the show without the bad singers and enjoy the ones who I enjoy, and because of voting for the worst, I get shafted from some entertainment that I share with my wife, so thank you!!! for taking away the good singers I enjoyed and leaving me with annoying bitches. If I wanted to listen to the talented singers I enjoy, I would just not watch the show and listen to the cds, but I want some different entertainment and I watch the show, and enjoy the best singers. If I want to watch the worst singers, then I would just watch the auditions at the beginning, then stop watching altogether after that. Watch the show and get your laughs, but be fair and don't vote for the worst ones, just watch it and enjoy it, and please don't vote.

If Michael Johns was any good, he would have been signed eons ago....Wait, He WAS signed to Universal 5 years ago...and then dropped. He was also very active in the Atlanta music scene with the band Film....the same band where he stole songs from when he jumped to The Rising. He filled a role in a TV show. He was NOT, by any stretch of the imagination, going to win. He was not The Chosen One. Archuleta is NOT going to win, either. Why? Stage Dad from Hell is a big one. David Cook is NOT going to win. Why? His "rocker" cred will tank like Black Friday in 1929. Rolling Stone said that the greatest thing to happen to Chris Daughtry is that he LOST Idol!

Why am I saying all this? It is because votes are only a PART of who becomes Idol. Nobody in their right mind believes that votes are the be all and end all. If they were, Danny Noriega and Amanda Overmeyer would be on the tour right now. Better yet, why don't you check out the site and see WHY we do what we do. Go in with an open mind. I did after Bo Bice got screwed and Daughtry got the ol' deep six. It gave me a much better perspective on AI.

Peace,
Ray C.

I never talked about the success after the show, I am just talking about the actual show itself, no tours, just the show and the show alone. I just wished that the winner would be somebody that I enjoyed and thought they had some talent. Daughtry losing was probably better for his career, but still, I am talking about the show itself. Look at Bo Bice, him not winning, still put out a bad cd. I am not talking about previous experiences and getting dropped, I am talking about the show itself and rating the performers strictly on how well they perform and how they arrange the songs for themselves and such.

I was watching celeb fit club the other day, and the original host for idol is on there, and he finally said why he left the show, and he said he left because it bothered him how bad the contestants were actually treated.