American or European?

I like em both, The US had some killer thrash bands, but the European's have bands like SODOM, KREATOR and DESTRUCTION who are still playing thrash. All the American bands listed here and otherwise have either broken up and / or sold out aside from TESTAMENT.

Originally posted by HUNGER OF THE UNDEAD
I like em both, The US had some killer thrash bands, but the European's have bands like SODOM, KREATOR and DESTRUCTION who are still playing thrash. All the American bands listed here and otherwise have either broken up and / or sold out aside from TESTAMENT.

I do agree..
firstly, I choose american bands but then
begin to think about kreator, destruction, sodom
and if we describe as thrash, venom..

but
sure,
TESTAMENT RUUULLZZ!!:D :headbang:

CALIFORNIA Thrash:

Vio-Lence
Exodus
Sadus
Forbidden
Dark Angel
Death Angel
Imagika
Megadeth - Killing and Peace (after that it's not quite thrash)

And Testament, of course!

well, let's enlarge this topic

americans or europeans?
for thrash, death, power...all the styles

overkiller, u said "europeans rule in death"
so, what about florida?

and another topic,
(overkiller, I'm sure u've heard..)
in Turkey, we metal fans always discuss about England and germany.
some people say "most of the big bands are from England. so, england rules.."
and some say "germany is harder, faster and wilder. so, germany rules.."
what's ur opinion?

( RIO!! I've never saw a crowd in a metal concert as it's...)

florida was death's homeland, but europeans brought melody to the music, so death metal gained a new dimension by the hands of them.

england or germany?...hmm, sweden? well, you said ''big bands are from england'', being a big band requires a certain quality and style, doesn't it? but germany has big bands with their own style, too.

it is always harder to compare countries than comparing bands. if you asked ''kreator or venom?'', my answer would be certain, but this is hard. btw. i really like the german style.

Originally posted by overkiller
florida was death's homeland, but europeans brought melody to the music, so death metal gained a new dimension by the hands of them.

england or germany?...hmm, sweden? well, you said ''big bands are from england'', being a big band requires a certain quality and style, doesn't it? but germany has big bands with their own style, too.

it is always harder to compare countries than comparing bands. if you asked ''kreator or venom?'', my answer would be certain, but this is hard. btw. i really like the german style.

1- it's funny to talk to u in english:D

2-"europeans brought melody to the music.." I agree..

3-england vs. germany is an old discussion..we're talkin about this issue for years. result? of course nothing:D
and I know this question is too hard:D
running wild, kreator, destruction, scorpions...from germany
ozzy, maiden, saxon, manowar....from england
yeah, it's too hard to choose:D

Europe did not bring Meoldy into THRASH...

California Thrash had plenty of Melody...
Europeans brought it to Death Metal, I'll give them that...

Florida rules for Death Metal, but Europe has provided some good stuff too.

California Death Metal is on the rise though...

Disgorge
Severed Savior
Exhumed
Impaled
Possessed (pre-death metal death metal)