Amon Amarth Studio Updates 2012

So, there's new merchandise for sale and it all seems to have this (see photo) new graphic on it. What is it supposed to represent? Devils (Loki)? Dragons? Griffins?

I think that logo represents the two Ravens, Hugin & Munin. I read somewhere that they are the shamanic helping spirits of the mighty Odin.

So, there's new merchandise for sale and it all seems to have this (see photo) new graphic on it. What is it supposed to represent? Devils (Loki)? Dragons? Griffins? I had originally said I thought the new album was going to be about Loki. Is AA changing it up and going more satanic than viking on this album? What's your guess?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=562391017128001&set=a.192325377467902.52224.188661687834271&type=1&theater

I actually read the description somewhere and they are just ravens. Oh well, cool graphic anyway.

:kickass::kickass:

Damn when Johan said a few days I was expecting yesterday or today ;( GIVE ME THE NEWS! Hopefully tomorrow then, unless he means a few days as in one week or something...

if i remember well from the release of Surtur Rising, i think it will be announced today (Tuesday) around 15h00GMT or Thursday as a maximum date (but just guessing ;) )

I was awoken this morning as Thor chased the giants across the skies above my home. Mjolnir struck a deadly blow as I listened to Thor's chariot ride off into the dawn. I fell back to sleep with a smile knowing it was an omen of good things to come today.

I was awoken this morning as Thor chased the giants across the skies above my home. Mjolnir struck a deadly blow as I listened to Thor's chariot ride off into the dawn. I fell back to sleep with a smile knowing it was an omen of good things to come today.

Obviously this was a bad omen! I can't believe how many times I check this forum everyday hoping for any freaking news. I am not a patient individual.:yell:

if i remember well from the release of Surtur Rising, i think it will be announced today (Tuesday) around 15h00GMT or Thursday as a maximum date (but just guessing ;) )

Thursday. Still a little bit of hope. Hope we can trust in your capacity of remembering.

my friends call me weird cause i check their website, facebook, twitter, forum everywhere i can to get an update, everytime. I'm glad to know there are people "weird" like me :D

Haha I do the EXACT same thing. All different kinds of AA's social media sites I check. I fucking hope we get some news tomorrow!

I think there is nothing weird in being excited about great news and looking forward to something aweseome.

Any new omens, dreams, rumors?:D

I have a feeling that is why they chose Andy Sneap to produce the new album. AA has definitely followed a similar pattern in song and album structure for the last three albums. I think they are looking to break away from that a little this time around. Look, Olavi and Johan S. have not disappointed in the riff and melody department. Ever. I trust they will pull off some incredible new stuff this time as well. But I can't help but think it gets more difficult with each album. Guys (and gals), this is their NINTH full length album. And they have never, in my opinion, had a real stinker of a song. Never. Some might not be as memorable but they are all good in their own right. We all want them to write and produce our favorite album again but we have to remember that is impossible. Personally, Versus the World still holds as my favorite album. From top to bottom that album does everything right. I would love another Versus the World but I know that's not possible. Right now I just want anything. A pixel of cover art, a note of music, anything that is new. One day Amon Amarth will no longer create new music and I will long for the days of waiting to hear their new melodies... Horns up my friends! All Hail our brothers, The Mighty Amon Amarth!

Well I've heard that the album is a little bit different. But that's welcome in my book, I'm sure it will sound AA-like anyways.

Me : "@AmonJohan when will IT be revealed? few days have passed now we're getting into few decades :p :p (IT = the album ;) )"
Johan : "@vikingsreturn Nope, it's only been a couple of days, not a few..."
:'( i think we still have to wait :'(

It seems their few days actually means a week or maybe even 10 days. I guess new album details (and not necessary all of them) will be revealed this Friday or next week.

Not to argue with Johan but in my world, at least, a "few" is 3 or more. It has been 5 days since the original tweet. That's a few. I never really liked that word. I prefer "Phew!" like "Holy sh!t that was close!":bah::bah::bah:

Not to argue with Johan but in my world, at least, a "few" is 3 or more. It has been 5 days since the original tweet. That's a few. I never really liked that word. I prefer "Phew!" like "Holy sh!t that was close!":bah::bah::bah:

Yeah, why not?! Better in a phew days than never.;)