Amorphis good or not?

swizzlenuts

i'm sciencing as fast as i can
Apr 21, 2003
Arkham
hey ive heard amorphis is a really good band, but i have d/l some of their music and it has sucked, i probly have d/l the wrong songs, gimmie me some songs to d/l, reply here or IM me on AIM-swizzlenuts. thanks

If you didn't like the songs you downloaded, don't bother with the rest. They have yet to pen a bad track as far as I'm concerned. If you found the ones you heard not to your liking, I doubt if you'd enjoy the rest of them. Go look elsewhere.

i must say that i like amorphis much more since Tuonela and especially since Am Universum :eek: i have some older albums too and it's fine and all..... but i like their new way better (though or maybe because (?) it's not metal anymore :) )
that's weird, cos normally, i tend to like earlier albums of bands better.

got "Far From The Sun" only recently, so i cannot make a final statement yet, but so far i like it :)

i also like some members' other bands (Ajattara, Verenpisara)

union9 said:
If you didn't like the songs you downloaded, don't bother with the rest. They have yet to pen a bad track as far as I'm concerned. If you found the ones you heard not to your liking, I doubt if you'd enjoy the rest of them. Go look elsewhere.
There's a reggae-style song on the new album. They manage to make it bearable though. At least they're charting new waters and progressing unlike some other bands...

i love all their albums. of course they've changed a lot but the new stuff is quality music as well. far from the sun has some of their best tracks, imho.

See, there's two periods of Amorphis.

Older death metal Amorphis, and new elctornic/goth-rock Amorphis. Both very different, and both equally good in thier own respects. I prefer older Amorphis personally, becauae I find the new stuff slightly boring.

Elegy is said to be their best because it fuses the death metal sounds of Isthmus and Tales with the melodic sound of Tuonela and Am Universum.

Reactions: Brell
I'm in the minority, as I believe Tuonela to be the band's bets work. It all depends on what style you like better. If you like death metal better, anything before Elegy. If you like folk metal better, anything after Elegy.

Amorphis is without a doubt one of my all-time favorite bands....like someone already stated, both eras are great in their own right. I can't really decide which era I prefer, but "Elegy" is a great start because of the way it mixes the old death-like elements with the newer melodic prog-elements.

Reactions: Brell
This is kind of a hard question to answer without knowing what kind of music you like. They only have one album I don't like, which is "Far From The Sun", I love everything else they've done. Even FFTS has good songs, it's just not as heavy as their other stuff.