Anger

Would you associate non-violent music with violent pepole? I'm sure there are exceptions, but generally, violent angry people likely listen to violent angry music ..

I'll have to look for the photo again ..

Metal makes people who don't like it violent and angry. It puts me in a good mood. Chavs seem more violent and angry.

I worked with this one guy (who did 7 years in prison for robbing a bank) who said heavy music made him want to rob banks again. :) This guy was a strong guy, he worked out for the entire 7 years he was in there ..on the outside he would constantly look for fights, and just go around the city breaking windows etc.

I think that "feel good" feeling is you getting that anger, frustration and excitement out via the music ..though in his case, it likely drove his aggression even further.

Norsemaiden said:
Metal makes people who don't like it violent and angry. It puts me in a good mood.

Same here. (Good) Metal makes me feel great, while bands like Britney Spears and 50 Cent are what make me angry. I hate it when people say that Metal, in general, spawns violence.

Susperia said:
I hate it when people say that Metal, in general, spawns violence.
i never said anything like this what i said was that feeling strong emotions is what gives the artist the ability to create great music if the musician has no emotion then what u get is really fucking crappy bubble-gum pop and music where a single song-writing person is writing the songs for several different people (there's a guy that's written songs for britney christina nsync and the backstreet boys)

Metal is clearly associated with violence .. read the lyrics, check the covers .. whether not it inspires violence in the person depends completely on that person.