Another New Opeth Album?

*{Madrigal}*

Big Sassy
Apr 30, 2001
Canada
Visit site
I was talking to someone who saw and hung out with them in Toronto and she said that they told her after the US tour they would be going back home to write and record another new album. Has anyone else heard anything about this?

i heard they are going to be working on a new album that will have 2 songs on it that are both about a half hour each
I LOVE THESE GUYS THEYRE SO FUCKING INTENSE!

lol......in an interview, peter said that they would go back home after the australian tour, then take a brake....and he said that late this year is a possibility....that seems pretty fast to me...but then again, look how often they tend to push out albums....usualy at least once a year.....and their recording process is usually only a few weeks.

and he's fucking around with open tunings... I'm quite excited, quite!

I want to hear more Sorskagen (sp?)!!! Which guy from Spiritual Beggars, Mike Amott? Then would they do Spiritual Beggars kind of music or a blend of Opeth and Arch Enemy? Or what other speculation do we have? Anyway, I am seeing Opeth this Saturday (14th).

Ahh please, I hope to god that Mike doesn't sue open tunings on this next album. I think part of the reason that I love Opeth guitar work so much is because it is very melodic and uses standard tunings.

What the hell? Watershed was just released and theyre already gonna start recording again? :worship: My respect to Mikael on that.