Any Canadian fans?

dittbub

New Metal Member
Nov 3, 2003
Why isn't katatonia more popular? They are great, but i don't know a single person who knows of them.

What are similar bands to katatonia? I don't know of any other bands of the same genre (which is aparently doom metal?).

Ok, just to clear up some things:

Katatonia aren't really doom metal, stuff like old Anathema, My Dying Bride and old Paradise Lost fits that genre better.

Bands of the same genre: Again, it's difficult. Katatonia have played many styles and none of them have a close resemblence to other bands. However, if you're a fan of stuff up to Brave Murder Day, try October Tide, Daylight Dies or Rapture. Also search for a 'bands like Katatonia' thread on this forum.

Try www.metal-archives.com for more info.

diabolical vengeance said:
most great bands are unpopular, any extreme metal fan should realize that. If you're looking for more doom-metal i heavily recommend www.doom-metal.com.

If you're in Toronto Orodruin are playing a gig next Saturday.
I AM in toronto. But... I'm not an extreme metal fan. I'm not intrested in doom metal if thats not the style katatonia is. But i'll probably have nothing to do that saturday so maybe i'll check them out anyway.

Katatonia aren't really doom metal, stuff like old Anathema, My Dying Bride and old Paradise Lost fits that genre better.

Bands of the same genre: Again, it's difficult. Katatonia have played many styles and none of them have a close resemblence to other bands. However, if you're a fan of stuff up to Brave Murder Day, try October Tide, Daylight Dies or Rapture. Also search for a 'bands like Katatonia' thread on this forum.
Alright. I've think i've listened to some stuff from Brave Murder Day, but its viva emptiness that i like so much. It's such a great album. I would like to find more of that kind of style or genre.

Alright how about, what bands/albums, even if they're nothing like katatonia, do you think I should check out? Like i said before, i'm not a big metal fan and i should probably indulge myself more into it. thanks

hey man.. i'm in toronto. I introduced a whole lot of my friends to katatonia, opeth, daylight dies, and many other metal bands. daylight dies has become one of my favourite bands... wicked stuff.
anyways, nice to see another torontonian that's into katatonia.