Anybody why to try mixing a tune for me?

here's the last half or so of what I have so far.. I used the mp3's as I couldn't be damned to d/l the wav's just yet. I think I may as this song was quite fun to mix, well tracked man! oh, and love the vocals..! the only thing left is really to just tweak the triggering which won't take much.. thanks for the oppurtunity MKS!

edit: tweaked version down a few pooooosts!

Charlie

OK, my second mix, im still not exactly satisfied with the guitars. If I do another mix, Ill definately mic up my JMP-1. The drums in this one are much improved imo, I have blended in some Sonor samples (from the sample thread) in with the drums. Really need to work on mastering, but thats for another time.

Mix No. 2

Enjoy!

Deadline? Good question. I just drove 800 miles and not thinking clearly.

Perhaps this Saturday should be the deadline at midnight.

I can't wait to hear the new mixes. Thanks again folks.

I also have another free project from another band if anyone is interested. It was a quick project so they could post some new material on the net. You can hear the rough mixes here:
http://myspace.com/thecoast

3 guitarists!!!

Perhaps we could make this contest number 2. Except, I know that band is broke right now since two members are currently on tour with Ringworm.

I don't think I will make it till saturday. :(

Currently working on a new arena anthem for the local DEL team the Hamburg Freezers (that's like the German NHL) and that turns out to be much harder than it seems (I always have to laugh at metalheads when they tell me that it takes more skill to write metal as I find pop music much harder to do, songwriting-wise).

Also preparing technical stuff for live gigs so I guess I'll have to pass on this mixing challenge.

nuclearass said:
That sounds simply amazing Charlie! Could you give us some details of your equipment/settings?

thanks man!

my set-up is embarrasingly simply, just an M-Audio card and KRK monitors, everything mixed ITB.

I'm very partial to RComp and C1 from waves, as well URS and Sonalksis comps/EQ's, those are pretty much the only brand plugs I like using...

Guitars are... Guitarsuite :)

Cheers

smy1 said:
I don't think I will make it till saturday. :(

Currently working on a new arena anthem for the local DEL team the Hamburg Freezers (that's like the German NHL) and that turns out to be much harder than it seems (I always have to laugh at metalheads when they tell me that it takes more skill to write metal as I find pop music much harder to do, songwriting-wise).

Also preparing technical stuff for live gigs so I guess I'll have to pass on this mixing challenge.

Sorry man. Perhaps you can partake in the next mixing challenge if people want me to post the COAST song.

OK, I think I may have my final version here. Still not sure about the PODxt over guitarsuite, but I like the drums a lot. This is similar to the last one except I tamed the vocals a lot more here. Hope you enjoy! I'm still using the mp3s that were posted.....not the waves so there might be some room for improvement,

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=453A470C478ED66D

or this one that's slightly louder, but I like the less limited one myself. The louder one sounds better at first but really grates on your ears after a while. RMS is between -9 and -10 dbs.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=E2FFA8223CBAF28B

I think CJWall's mix is the best by far. The only thing I dislike is the super bright loud kinda distorded cymbals/hh. The rest is very spectacular and heavy as fuck.:headbang:

Daunt said:
Edit: Mix removed. I'll make a better one.

Daunt, I dug your first mix. I look forward to hearing the new one.

I also really like the mixes Splatt has as well!:worship:

CJ's sound good but the hi-hats are a bit harsh and loud.

We look forward to having one of you mix the 8 songs that we have recorded with MKS.

:headbang:

(I play guitar for Fool's Crown)