Anyone here have Opeth or any other tatoos?

you know what's REALLY stupid...failure to see sarcasm and understand an innocent, obviously 'lame' joke. but, what's even more stupid than that is praising that person. also, i find the word "ownage" retarded, but each to his own.

Also :erk: @ porcelain <3 :erk:
No seriously, :erk:

haha dont think anyone else caught this...

No, I don't think anyone else has read any thread at all with the 2-3 years lame thing going on all around it.

I am yet to have a stab at the 2-3 years thingy,
i think ill wait till its just about dead and give it a crack,

Hey Carta when do you think it could die out?

Fuck, I was going to get the Still life cover exactly like the one above.

ah well, i guess ill just get the watershed dude. or maybe not.
any suggestions, im getting a tat before christmas, and would like it top be Opeth related, but mos def not the "O"

Personally, I think The Roundhouse Tapes cd/dvd cover would make an awesome tattoo. The hooded face with the mask and the logo..... :)

your right that would be good, and am now seriously considering it.
but, i think i would need to know a bit more about the actual piece of art. If ya know what i mean.

i couldnt just imprint it onto myself that easily.

I was considering getting the 'O' as my first tattoo, but not sure where to put it. I know I don't want to go the tramp stamp route, but it needs to be someplace my students won't frequently see it.

Yeah, the O is the only symbol I've really ever considered for a tattoo. But I don't have enough faith that they won't put out a shitty album EVENTUALLY, and then would I really want to see that logo every day?

Yeah, the O is the only symbol I've really ever considered for a tattoo. But I don't have enough faith that they won't put out a shitty album EVENTUALLY, and then would I really want to see that logo every day?

If it happens, you just have to make another tatoo over the O where you could put the word "Old". And anyway, even if Opeth was going to made a shit album, what they've done until then is just genius.

Seeing as I still buy metallica's releases (and i dont really listen to them much anymore..at all)

I think i probably would too!

edit:

buy an opeth box that is.

Definitly getting this.
Untitled-12.gif

Just out of complete curiosity and I know how much these can vary depends on the tattoo artist himself. I am looking into getting an Opeth tattoo either tomorrow or Friday when I get paid and I'm wondering how much it cost ya'll who have already gotten one. Just wondering so i can see how much I can estimate. It's gonna be nothing big, gonna be the size of a notepad or just a bit bigger on my upper middle back and lower neck.

Hmm, I got mine in Spain. It covers my shoulder in a typical kind of way. Cost me &#8364;100.

Also, random google search gave me this.

In America, you can expect a basic price of $80 to $100 an hour. Sometimes shops don't charge by the hour, but instead by the piece, and that may or may not be to your advantage. There is a minimum at every shop, and although that often differs, very few shops will ever touch you for less than $40. This may seem incredibly pricey, especially since you might only want a star the size of a dime, but there's a few reasons they won'€™t charge you less.

The prices for both of my tattoos were set by the size and complexity. On the Opeth one in Spain, the guy just kinda looked at it and figured out a price. On my second one, the guy used a transparent measuring paper kinda thing.

Hope that helps! :kickass:

Ya the same with me and my other 3 tattoos, the artist just looked at it and how I wanted it and gave me a price. Wasn't sure if someone could relate to the description i gave or not. All 3 of my tattoos were $80 each :)

thanks for the help though

It's just one of these things that you wouldn't want to get the cheapest price by any means necessary. Imagine looking at it for the first time and finding out he or she wrote something like "Watershat" on your ass. :lol:

You generally pay $100/hr. That seems like base pay. Bigger name artists will charge more. Most I've paid is $130/hr, but it was well worth it.

My "O" tattoo cost me $160 and took roughly an hour and a half.

And do tip. A twenty is fine.

You generally pay $100/hr. That seems like base pay. Bigger name artists will charge more. Most I've paid is $130/hr, but it was well worth it.

My "O" tattoo cost me $160 and took roughly an hour and a half.

And do tip. A twenty is fine.

That seems to be the going rate for the "O". I've gone to a few places around my house and all of them quoted about $160.