Anyone know more songs like this one?

FLeCHeTTeFReNZy

New Metal Member
Dec 7, 2012
I'm looking for new music. Things I can learn on guitar too. I love Avenged Sevenfold, particularly Waking The Fallen. This song really stands out to me for the incorporation of heavy distortion (common metal sound) guitar, scream vocals, clean vocals, and most potently: acoustic guitar. The acoustic guitar seems to have a latin influence, which i'm very passionate about. I imagine there would be a few other bands that might use this style (acoustic and electric/latin sounding) but i just can't find them. Help? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
where should i post instead? Thanks btw

Bands like Avenged Sevenfold aren't exactly liked here. This forum is about Death Metal, Thrash Metal, Black Metal, Doom Metal, and Grindcore, so I warn you of the shit you are going to get.
With that said, I will now have to cleanse this thread of it's Metalcore mediocrity. \m/

Bands like Avenged Sevenfold aren't exactly liked here. This forum is about Death Metal, Thrash Metal, Black Metal, Doom Metal, and Grindcore, so I warn you of the shit you are going to get.
With that said, I will now have to cleanse this thread of it's Metalcore mediocrity. m/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSod9dVbyzs

whoa now. Avenged Sevenfold is NOT metalcore. You don't have to like them but don't say that. they're not mediocre by any means when it comes to guitar.

True but I mean we're talking about music here man it's all about perception. I'm not going to argue on here though, it would most certainly be a waste of time haha

A7X isn't metalcore because they're just hard rock. Radio friendly rock along the lines of Black Tide and whatnot. For what they do, they're fine, but they're really not what we do here.

To that end I don't even know what to suggest. I know Vital Remains spices up their shit with the occasional Spanish guitar interlude (the track Icons of Evil has a GREAT one in the middle of it) but that's so far from A7X it's not even funny.

Fuck it, here it is.

I sense this thread turning into a friendly little game of "convert the newbie".

I sense this thread turning into a friendly little game of "convert the newbie".

3rn81e.jpg

In light of that, let's kick it up a notch with a track I mentioned in another thread!

Really liking how this thread turned out. We need more people doing things like this rather than making fun of newcomers to metal for listening to what they've come across.

here's some thrash for you ...

Some classic thrash for you, you gotta know modern metal's roots. This is the best gateway:

I don't care if I get crap for posting Metallica, try Not to headbang when the drums kick in here:

Listen to all of these and let us know when you're done.