Anyone up for doing a sneap forum Nile cover? :D

WHICH SONG FOO'?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have to admit for these scratch vox I did use a slight bit of pitch correction.
But I'd just drank 2 cartons of pineapple juice a litre each, so I had some weird shit going on in my throat.
I can hit all that shit for real anyway. I just gave it a digital nudge cos I couldn't be bothered to wait.

damn, I know this is off-topic but could you post those revlaver settings. that tone is absolutely SICK.

cheers for the reminder, another guy pm'd me asking for settings
ill post the presets here for everyone

Nile%20Settings.JPG

This WILL sound muffled as fuck without any processing.
So here's what I did.
Nile%20Guitar%20Post%20Processing.JPG

Low-passing and then adding a shelving boost in afterwards adds shimmer, definition and smooth creamy treble to guitars rather than harsh brittle treble.
You just get all the nice elements without all the shit. Can't remember who posted that tip but it's damn useful, cheers!

EDIT: oh and the wagner tracks were L-R 80% -12.50db or so, revalver tracks were L-R 100% and unity gain (-0.00db)

Chain for the wagner tracks: TSS -> Wagner -> Boogex -> Same guitar group as the revalver tracks
Chain for the revalver tracks: TSS (same settings) -> Revalver -> Boogex -> same guitar group as the wagner tracks

any eq done to the guitars was done on the group track.

goddamn it! why haven't I got the time to record bass why?!?! goddamn it's starting to sound ace!!! good job on the vocals ratedodo even though they're just scratch!! really like it!

Alright...I'm about to give these mixes a listen. I've been meaning to do it, but I've been quite ill. I apparantly had a "rare but serious" reaction to a medication (Remeron) and my white blood cells where being destroyed! Of course that led to infections...basically I feel like I have a really bad case of the flu.

Anyways, I just downloaded all of the mixes. I'm gonna check them out in just a moment. I'll keep u posted!

You can go ahead and begin when you like Chryst, same goes for JB. :D
I just did a couple of your lines to fill out the scratch vox a bit for peeps to hear.

Sweeeet Chryst, I'll message JB aswell and tell him to start.

You planning on doing much layering or going for a more natural sound? We need to keep it consistent.

Usually I single track to be honest, but if you wanna double for tha thickness I'd be more than into it.

I'll probably only double for certain parts, like the ultra low shit. Gonna double that and then use a split harmonizer for added coolness. And on the big epic dallas roars like "blah blah his own FIYAHHHH" and "those who know not the words of POOOWAAHHHHHH" double the capitalised words and split harmonise for the epics and apart from that I'm gonna keep it pretty natural.