appearance

Mar 30, 2003
on Earth
how do you, as a regular forum user (and in this case an Anathema poster) look like?

men: do you have long hair? do you think ppl who listen to metal should look as if they listen to it?
women: do you always dress in black? do you look 'goth/metal'?

i personally cut off me hair (it was as long as it reached me belly button) about 4 yrs ago, and up and till now, i've had almost every hairdress: mohicans, baldly shaved, 'britpop', but i didnt ever dyed my hair actually *thinking and rubbing his beard*...

i wear clothes that are basically dark coz i like dark clothes, but sometimes i just wanna wear a bright blue shirt when i go out drinking.
i like wearing shirts (no tee's, but proper shirts like) and i have 1 pair of 'baggy' trousers which i was regularly in order to wear it as much as possible. i like dark red and white as well.

the other day i went to see Samael in the Mean Fiddler and i guess i was the only one wearing something bright (white and tight actually), making me grinning from ear to ear (yeah, i'm vain too).
goes to show, yeah...

i dress normally, in colors.. and kinda girlie like
last time i was at a black metal gig i had beige blouse with little colorful flowers.. everyone else wore black.
but i dont care much about others clothing.. until it's clean. But I dont like any plastic synthetic fibre thing.
For such things as The Cure playing live i do turn into a goth tho. If i feel so.
But in my teens I really looked metal. Had metal shirts, chains and leather jacket with rivets and that :)

i never cut my hair. it's getting really worn and stuff, but i don't care: nice shiny hair wouldn't turn any extra heads anyway. it's down past my man tits and doesn't seem to want to grow any longer..

as for clothes, i just put on whatever's on the floor. i only have two pairs of pants, both happen to be black. i never go out in just a t-shirt because i hate showing my arms ..no needle marks or cuts or anything - just hate showing skin.

to me, the whole idea of going out of your way to look a certain way seems pretty stupid. o_O

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees,give a home to the fleas in my hair.
A home for fleas (yeah) a hive for bees (yeah),
a nest for birds, there ain't no words for the beauty, the splendor, the wonder of my:

Hair, hair, hair, hair, hair
Hair, hair, hair
Flow it, show it,long as God can grow it, my hair

heheh :)
It depends on what mood I'm in usually. Lately I dress colourfuly and stuff a lot not because Ifeel like it but in order to appear happy and energetic and brighten my environment. It's a trick really..haha.. me the trickster oh yeh! no really.. wearing colours makes you feel happier ( if you're wearing the colours in order to feel happier that is). First time I wore a blue dress after a long time of black dressing I was hoping to get home and change as soon as possible. Now I'm used to it.

before :

longs.jpg

after :

Pict0550.jpg

I wear black clothes. I just like them. And I look metal, have basically always a band-shirt. (and other metal-stuff, the shirts aren´t the reason)
Plus I have this "perversion" in blue colour. At the moment my hair is blue.

Today I was wearing a white pair of knickers and a black sleeveless top; it is my usual toilet cleaning wear. For eating melon, which I'm doing right now, I usually wear a pair of coloured knickers, a light blue sleeveless top, and a white and a black sock. This outfit, excluding the socks, happens to be my bedwear as well, cause I've already had a shower, which is an exceptional thing at this time of the day.

When I go to a concert, I usually wear some kind of a sleeveless top so that the sweat can freely evaporate. I just bought an orange one with silver flowers in the Bahia shop yesterday. Otherwise I like wearing three-stripes, corduroys, sometimes jeans or shorts, but my favourite is this nice snake costume, it's called The Snake Dressed to Kill:

c36275ud.jpg

I always wear some metal merchandise... worker shirts, t-shirts, hooded sweat shirt... and when it's not too cold, always wear bermudas & jams...
I'm always dressed a bit "metal", to go at work, to go to a show, to play live with my bands... :headbang:
Last time, at the Katatonia show, I was wearing a The Haunted bermuda, with a Biohazard cap & a white No-Lokost (local power-death metal band) t-shirt... I was the only one to wear short pants... :D

Even if I think you know it all, some pics:

quentin_devcartoon.jpg

b52-4.jpg

fespival20.JPG

toolsofthetrade said:
alrite, let me rephrase it then - i never *disapprove* to what otehr ppl wear. like.

oh right. so that means you do care about how people look tho? like 'oh i like this guys shoes, theyre so like never before'.