Arch Enemy done!

I just read on the Arch Enemy the Gus G (Firewind, Dream Evil) is replacing Chris for first few months of the tour!! That's going to be f*cking insane!! Gus is an awesome guitar player (and a great guy in general) and will certainly make an impression on the AE sound!! I hope they get some live recordings of the band when he's with them!!

Also, Emnity, I believe they used the Rackmount Recto and the Revolution through their respective cab's.

Moonlapse said:
Gus G. He's a part of Nightrage isn't he? Amazing guitar playing - I think he'll fit right into AE for however long he tours with em.

You're right, he is part of Nightrage!! Awesome band!! I'd only heard his work with Dream Evil and Firewind (oh, and the Death tribute :headbang: ) until about 5mins ago when I googled Nightrage.

Razorjack said:
I just read on the Arch Enemy the Gus G (Firewind, Dream Evil) is replacing Chris for first few months of the tour!! That's going to be f*cking insane!! Gus is an awesome guitar player (and a great guy in general) and will certainly make an impression on the AE sound!! I hope they get some live recordings of the band when he's with them!!

Also, Emnity, I believe they used the Rackmount Recto and the Revolution through their respective cab's.

Yeah, I heard about that earlier tonight also. It'll be interesting to see how Gus G fits in AE because I always thought the brothers were really tight in terms of performance and their playing styles (lead-wise) contrasted really well. I wonder if Gus will stick with Chris's solos or do his own take on 'em. Somewhat disappointed though to hear that Chris won't be touring with the band.

Also, thanks for the gear info!

Enmity said:
Hey Andy (or anyone who can help for that matter),

What amps did they use for the recording? Krank RW100? 5150? 5150II? JSX? The one pictured below?
bluepoly9ne.jpg

Definitely looking forward to hearing this. Some very promising stuff coming up pretty quick here!

Yes!!! A Smokey Amp!! You can power your cab with a 9 volt battery!!! :headbang:

I own one of these and love it.

Hopkins-WitchfinderGeneral said:
I don't like Arch Enemy much, but i ain't gonna bitch about it on their producers forum. Especially not in a thread where he shows an act of generosity by one of their members...
Am I hearing this from the same lad who was bashing Ephel Duath in a thread Lee B opened just a year ago? :hotjump:

Just managed to lay my hands on the new Arch Enemy promo. It sounds absolutely superb. Along with this godless endeavour it will be one of the metal albums of the year.

:lol:

lee and ephel duath are mates.

he got the joke even if you didn't. :)

edit: was this the time i said their old album wasn't as good as the new one?
No, this was before you got into them. ;)

I got into them around the time the TPP came out so?
Lee B posted a sample mp3 of them and you went on bashing the band, saying how they sounded all forced and artsy etc.

Ok, so you don't remember it no big deal. I do, apparently Genius Gone Insane does too. :Spin:

OK, you want sexy pics!! heres a pic of angela trying on her Japanese toe spreader that Mike brought back from Japan. Don't ask me why the fuck the Japs feel the need for this, guess the foot thing is big business over there.:tickled:
Image056.jpg

Andy Sneap said:
OK, you want sexy pics!! heres a pic of angela trying on her Japanese toe spreader that Mike brought back from Japan. Don't ask me why the fuck the Japs feel the need for this, guess the foot thing is big business over there.:tickled:
Image056.jpg
:worship: Such a beautiful foot! :Drool:

And they look like jewellery on her foot which is super exciting for a hot blooded male like myself!