Arch Enemy done!

Wow, what a... err... large foot! Don't mess with Angela or she'll kick your butt... :D

I recived the promo last week,it takes some time getting used to it's not a typical Arch enemy record,it kind of reminds me of Rust in peace because of the solos that are all over the place.I thought the production sounded weird in the beginning(to steril and clinical especially the drums) but now i dig it,allthough i must admit that i think they should have used mr.Sneap all the way.

I personnally think that this is seriously some of Andy's best work to date (along with the new Nevermore). I really love those snare and toms, and the reverb on them is amazing ! Guitars are great, bass is strong as hell, overheads are clear, kick is powerful and clear... Fantastic !!!

I have listened to the album about ten times since yesterday and it is really growing on me, it's mostly the kick sound and tom's that sound a little to triggered for my taste,i just think it'll take a few more listens before i'm convinced.But yes the album really kicks ass, sounds like a melodic mix between Wos and Aor with a new sound and some mellow passeges.

They are not? to my ears they sound more triggered than anything you have done in the past even with triggers, but it's not a negative thing i'm just more into a more natural tom sound like the toms on The gathering.But i must say you did a really great job mixing this album really cool guitarsound is it krank mixed with 5150?Is it just me or are the vocals louder then the vocals on Wos and Aor?

Would you mind telling us the reverb unit that you used ? Medium Room on snare and Plate on toms ? I really like it, it's great and the verb on the snare is still clear even with the guitars full volume... Impressive !!!

Toms on The Gathering don't sound natural to me, especially in some places where you can definitely say they are triggered. On this AE, the toms sound bigger than life but not so unnatural, it seems like if the drummer had a rack of floor-toms in front of him ! Thunderous is the word I guess... But it's also a part of the way they are used and played I guess... About the reverb, on the first track, I really like the very short reversed reverb on the snare before the 10 hits (around 0:25-0:30), extra-super cool effect !!!

the production on this album is great, really like the tom sound. cant say im too impressed with the music though, only a few songs i like.

thats mike at the table.
yeah this tom thing, I think alot is down to the player. I remember watching Daniel in London amazed at how consistant he was with his hitting, Dave's a bit more Jazzy the way he plays off the snare. I have to say Dave is a real musical drummer when you listen to what he does. Both great drummers in their own way.

I guess it's because of his playingstyle (the tom part right before the blastbeat section in out for blood sounds like triggers,but i guess i have listened so much to triggered drums that it's hard to hear what is triggered and what is not) i'm getting more and more into the album and also the production and i really love what i'm hearing, i think this album takes alot more time getting into than their previous albums, but after 10 listens you really start to fully understand what this album is about atleast i did.