Are American metal bands really inferior?

I'll say Thrash, but not death. The Swedish scene has long been my favorite, with Finland also contributing some monoliths of classic Death as well.

I'm really quite keen on the Polish "scene", and have been for a while. Having been there a couple of times in the last 5 years, I'll say that their scene is pretty damned talented - and there's some great bands coming out from their right now.

(Behemoth, Dies Irae, Vader, Decapitated, Yattering etc etc etc)

Besides Cryptopsy and Gorguts, the Canadians also have Kataklysm.

Their scene is good but too small in my opinion to be considered better than America or Scandinavia.

EDIT: Carcassian has a good point. The Polish scene is very talented and is diverse, despite not having that many bands. VAder and Behemoth are my favorites :headbang:

IOfTheStorm said:
While Heaven Wept have 2 albums and several other releases. Also they are a historical and influential band.
And for every european doom/death band, there are 2-3 killer trad./epic doom bands from america. Point is, doom metal has more GREAT bands in u.s.a. than in Europe. As it happens with every metal subgenre (except black, but "who cares").

Your a fucking idiot

Carcassian said:
I'm really quite keen on the Polish "scene", and have been for a while. Having been there a couple of times in the last 5 years, I'll say that their scene is pretty damned talented - and there's some great bands coming out from their right now.

(Behemoth, Dies Irae, Vader, Decapitated, Yattering etc etc etc)
I'd have to agree with you there.

Ex-cally-boo said:
Never trust Anus on anything. They are a site that relies on buzzwords way to much.
What's 'buzzwords'? Are you referring to their pseudo-intellectual way of talking? I can't stand that pretentious crap... example (Gorguts review):

anus.com said:
Review: Taking metal's exploration of chaos toward a further point of existence than it has previously occupied requires a breakdown of basic song construction into something which distinguishes itself from the layers of complexity of the same essential idea, over which different degrees of embellishment normally achieve little more than an aesthetic progressivism. Gorguts have refined the metal art of songwriting along the axis of melody in a plausible interpretation of post-black metal underground musicology and have, in order to reveal the face of the schizophrenic reality lyrically described as a balance between peaceful harmony of dissonant elements and calming disharmony of like elements, embedded their sinuous virus of melody in towering structures of variation encompassing the extremities of metal hereto known and styles from other genres within a package presenting the metal vision in a clarity never before achieved: a chaotic universe in which structures find a similarity independent of immediate categorization by demonstrating similarity in informational content and its relevance to the core of each system, a simple ruleset based upon a fractal arising from an elemental opposition.

Who understands that??

My favorite dm band is Arghoslent, an American band. But then again, most of the godawful Unique Leader bands are American. Californian dm sucks, and I would go so far as to say that most metal from California sucks in general.

Life Sucks said:
My favorite dm band is Arghoslent, an American band. But then again, most of the godawful Unique Leader bands are American. Californian dm sucks, and I would go so far as to say that most metal from California sucks in general.

no way man cryptic slaughter was from santa monica \m/

WNx Scythe said:
What's 'buzzwords'?

Buzzwords are loaded, "intelligent" sounding words with no real meaning outside of their superficial meaning created by the user of said words...for instance: the way ANUS uses the word CHROMATIC

V.V.V.V.V. said:
Buzzwords are loaded, "intelligent" sounding words with no real meaning outside of their superficial meaning created by the user of said words...for instance: the way ANUS uses the word CHROMATIC

What of the way they use it?