Are American metal bands really inferior?

The Greys said:
Is quo vadis zomg one of those technical cynic style bands that are really 5% death metal. I think I heard them before not caring for it.

I'm talking more about regular traditional solid death metal. Not jazzy prog stuff.

Name some other 'canadian' death where the entire scene would ammount even close to european or older american death metal.

Nothing jazzy or prog about them (well maybe DiGiorgio's bass playing on the newest album), just pure death metal.

Silence Calls the Storm

madu said:
Nothing jazzy or prog about them (well maybe DiGiorgio's bass playing on the newest album), just pure death metal.
The Greys said:
Is quo vadis zomg one of those technical cynic style bands that are really 5% death metal. I think I heard them before not caring for it.

I'm talking more about regular traditional solid death metal(not jazzy prog stuff).

Name some other 'canadian' death where the entire scene would ammount even close to european or older american death metal. I'm curious what is so great about the canadian death metal scene.

Yeah New Quo Vadis album Defiant Imagination is awesome.Drumming and basslines on that album is fucking sick.Definitely one of my all-time fave albums.Listen if you havent yet.

madu said:

Silence Calls the Storm

Average vocals,typical heavy stop and go modern meshuggah/fear factory style riffs with some technical elements and harmonies. I'm not sure what the big deal is with this style death metal. The opening riff & kicks(way to loud) pretty much ruined it for me.

Yeah the old vocalist was better but the mp3s to those don't work on their site. Download the song On the Shores of Ithaka if you want to check how the older stuff sounds like.

And no clue about you, but Quo Vadis is one of the few death metal bands I actually like - very melodic but not exactly pop sounding, then again my musical tastes aren't exactly the standard.

dill_the_devil said:
LMAO - talking about anyone I know? I know most of the bands in Wolverhampton... :lol:

Now that would be telling mate :lol:

I go to Wolves quite a bit to see bands - Nottingham is closer for me, but Rock City is run by cunts...

Seen some good local bands there too though:

I particularly liked Godsize when I checked out Anthrax there some time ago...

Thanatopsis123 said:
I'm sick of seeing USBM shit on at all possible opportunities. That's such a fashionable thing to do right now. Do I like more European BM? Yes, but that's likely because they simply have more. But shouldn't this be about quality and not quantity?

USBM can't do anything right in most eyes. They get shit when they deviate from the European sound or if they don't. I doubt this will ever change as we didn't get on at ground level. Most BM fans have such a shitty mindset these days.

pretty much all black metal from anywhere in the world is shitty nowadays man (FUCK OFF NOWADAYS BLACK METAL)

Carcassian said:
Now that would be telling mate :lol:

I go to Wolves quite a bit to see bands - Nottingham is closer for me, but Rock City is run by cunts...

Seen some good local bands there too though:

I particularly liked Godsize when I checked out Anthrax there some time ago...

Yeah, Godsize are a really decent band... lead singer can be a bit of a prick from time to time though... Tin Omen are a good industrial/goth/metal band from Wolves too.

dill_the_devil said:
Yeah, Godsize are a really decent band... lead singer can be a bit of a prick from time to time though... Tin Omen are a good industrial/goth/metal band from Wolves too.

Yeah, I got that impression. I saw a band called Seraphidian on the same bill; a bit Machine Head derivative at the time, but they had an excellent guitarist. Are they still going ?

DeathsSweetEmbrace said:
I sense that is the opinion of many metal fans, although it is not often said. Usually people tend to gravitate towards metal bands from Scandinavia and other parts of Western Europe, while bands from the US are consistently bashed or ignored.
paddy loves all metal and the yanks make some awesome metal long live u s metal:Smokin: :headbang: :kickass: :Smokin: :headbang: :kickass: :Smokin: :headbang: :kickass: :Smokin: :headbang: :kickass:

The Greys said:
haha are you kidding.

Gorguts and old crytopsy is the only good death metal i've heard from canada.
Well OK maybe I exaggerated a bit... BUT I still think the proportion of good to crap DM is alot better than USA and Europe.

Thrash and Prog-Rock/Metal is best from America but all other Genres are best from Europe Etc
Are there any good Australian, Asian Or Russian Metal scenes.

I like a lot of American death metal.

Thanatopsis123 said:
I'm sick of seeing USBM shit on at all possible opportunities. That's such a fashionable thing to do right now. Do I like more European BM? Yes, but that's likely because they simply have more. But shouldn't this be about quality and not quantity?

USBM can't do anything right in most eyes. They get shit when they deviate from the European sound or if they don't. I doubt this will ever change as we didn't get on at ground level. Most BM fans have such a shitty mindset these days.

Just wondering.. ANUS say newer black metal bands have become whiney and lost its whole point. Would you agree?

Carcassian said:
Yeah, I got that impression. I saw a band called Seraphidian on the same bill; a bit Machine Head derivative at the time, but they had an excellent guitarist. Are they still going ?

Yep, last I checked, they were going quite strong. They're working on a new album at the moment called Death Blow.

http://www.seraphidian.com/

Fairly shitty website, but it tells you what you need to know. :)

Never trust Anus on anything. They are a site that relies on buzzwords way to much.

I'll stand firm with US being better in thrash and death.