are any guys of opeth satanists?

Goober

Noob
Dec 20, 2004
I dunno, but ive heard rumors that some guys are n stuff. I know mike used to be into the occult, dunno if he is still, but i believe i saw in an interview where he said that inspiration for some songs were from the occult.

I thought he said he had only a casual interest in it, nothing serious just curious. If he were serious I would not listen to any of their shit.

You know?... that's a great record. :lol:

If you think all the bands who play black metal are satanists... then López and Méndez are satanists because they played in a black metal band. :lol:

oK... That's shit.

drowssap said:
...the more things change....

shark22 said:
I thought he said he had only a casual interest in it, nothing serious just curious. If he were serious I would not listen to any of their shit.

Why??? I don't understand people who do this. Just because you listen to music that has some sort of message doesn't mean that you believe in everything they say. It's just about the music and the way it sounds.. not the fuckin message

hey trey, where did the picture of that ugly dude in your avatar go? That was hilarious.

Oh yeah and Opeth is Swedish for "really really evil and satanic, like REALLY"

Alternative 3 said:
O shit yea they are, the die used to print the Still Life booklet was made using the blood of 1000 virgins.

FUCK I haven't even met 1 virgin.

STOP KILLING THE VIRGINS!

oh yeah, *dye

It's sad to think that people would stop listening to awesome music just because of the members and their beliefs. If opeth touched a 5 year old girl before each show I would still go see them unless their songs are written to enforce that it's legal to molest small children. I can understand being turned away a little bit by thing when I quit drugs I did not want to be around drugs.. if you have faith in god than you do not spend your time with a bunch of stanists but to stop listening to something that gives you joy just because you think it may have some harmful impact on you then I think you should be the one evaluating your beliefs not Opeth.

I hope the new album will be full of subliminal occult chants and satanic passages, I think it takes a fairly open minded person to truly apreciate their shit . IF ya aint down with a little evil than metal just ain't right for you.

Im rick james bitch

why would it matter to you if Mike was into the occult? I think it's quite obvious he is... just take a look at Opeth's lyrics! Mike is definetely into the occult and he has on several occasions expressed his disgust for humanity... they're not satanists but in several ways an occult/misanthropic band...

If you asked this question because you're a christian and afraid to go to hell if you listen to Opeths music, you better pray for forgiveness and burn those cd's my friend... because if not... well, you are going to hell... God does not tolerate you digging music that is offending Him.