Are there any albums you consider "perfect?"

Susperia said:
Black Sabbath are overrated.

The first 6 BS cds are not overrated. The band as a whole carrer is.

You better atleast like acouple of the early albums or i'm going to like you a lot less. Tony Iommi is a riff monster.

Also..... Vol 4. > Paranoid

i may have said already but:
Nightingale - Alive Again
Riverside - Out of Myself
Edge of Sanity - Crimson
Unicorn - Emotional Wasteland

edit: +1 for Orphaned Land - Mabool.

Kenneth R. said:
Edge of Sanity - Crimson

This was one of the albums on my perfect list. Some of the most moving music i've heard. Plus it's progressive & the musicianship is top notch.

The Greys said:

You better atleast like acouple of the early albums or i'm going to like you a lot less. Tony Iommi is a riff monster.

Also..... Vol 4. > Paranoid

Oh don't worry, I like early Black Sabbath just as much as the rest of you. I own the s/t, Master of Reality, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath (Probably my favorite) Vol. 4 and some best of bullshit.

I'm just... tired of them I guess.

You better not like me any less, or else.

Susperia said:
Oh don't worry, I like early Black Sabbath just as much as the rest of you. I own the s/t, Master of Reality, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath (Probably my favorite) Vol. 4 and some best of bullshit.

I'm just... tired of them I guess.

You better not like me any less, or else.

Or else what..... (I still like you the same).

Would your strap me to a bed and dye my hair pink while listening to hypocrisy ?

That would be real torture!

Unfortunately my choices are mostly plain jane common ones that everyone will think i'm a n00b for mentioning, but oh well.

Metallica - Master Of Puppets
Opeth - My Arms, Your Hearse
Sea Green Series - Chapter II
Meshuggah - Destroy Erase Improve
Weakling - Dead As Dreams

hmm... i guess that's it. Funny how most of them are things i don't really listen to much anymore.

The Greys said:
Or else what..... (I still like you the same).

Would your strap me to a bed and dye my hair pink while listening to hypocrisy ?

That would be real torture!

It will happen sooner than you think.

And the pink hair dye will then dye everything you own pink. It gets god damn everywhere.

The Greys said:

agreed the first 6 cds are great. the band is NOT overrated as a whole though. any band that can release 6 of the greatest metal albums of all time, before anyone else has even had a chance to release one, can't be overrated.

Not only the first 6 are great. "Heaven And Hell" and "Mob Rules" are heavy metal masterpieces. Also i like "Born Again" and some of the Tony Martin material..of course nothing is as good as the first 6.

Susperia said:
Black Sabbath are overrated.
shutitbitch.jpg

You=Susan
Me=Mr. Fantastic

Carcassian said:
Icon is good, but Draconian times isn't the last great Paradise Lost - it's the last "OK" Paradise Lost.

Icon was their last really good effort.

Widow is a top track!
Exactly. I consider Draconian Times to be Paradise Lost's "black album" (obviously a Metallica reference: the black album was Metallica's last ok album, that wasn't as good as the previous, and had strong indications that the band was going to shit). My favorite Paradise Lost album is Shades of God.