Are you a closet Christian or [insert any other religion]?

(Acts 17:30 KJV+) And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent

J. said:
yep. is it OK to be Jewish and love Nok Mort?

It's an itchy question. Noct Mort has pretty decent and interesting music, so I appreciate them. Same with Burzum.

Then again, I know the whole history of Kristian Vikernes.

Whereas, Knjaz Varggoth seems to come to the NSBM field for commercial acceptance in a niche market. That's more laughably questionable than fearfully questionable.

I DO NOT know the history of these "NS pagan front" bands you hold so dear to your Texan Christian homophobic heart.

What STILL irks me is how the "Judeo" of Judeo-Christian Religion gets pushed. Judaic concepts were purposely mistranslated when they were adapted by Catholic Christianity.

The biggest hatred and antisemetism through Xtianity came from Martin Luther' reform movement. They refused to support him by "accepting Jesus as a messiah" so he created a bunch of nasty rumours about the Jews out of spite, greed, and pain.

i just found this thread somehow while searching for stuff about william blake and i just wanna say

Believe me if they tried to bury me in a christian ceremony I would come back from the grave to haunt them endlessly by creaking their stairs and blowing out their candles

i'm a pretty good poster

and:

I'm pretty much an aestheticist, in that I recognize the most spiritual elevation from literature, music, art, etc. Basically I'm a member of the cult of beauty. Nature's also cool. Most of my concepts are pretty eastern though, and I believe, much like Blake, that "everything is holy" and one. When we die, I think we simple merge with Being and become un-individuated and un-imprisoned once again. That said, I don't base my life on any dogma other than my own.
Yo what the fucks the cult of beauty?

i love(d) this forum (sometimes)

i gave up any religious type beliefs while watching my mother slowly erode away over a 5 year span and finally (mercifully at this point) succumbing this past april, just two weeks after her 58th birthday.

no gOD would or should allow that to happen to such an unselfish person.

i gave up any religious type beliefs while watching my mother slowly erode away over a 5 year span and finally (mercifully at this point) succumbing this past april, just two weeks after her 58th birthday.

wow. i did still think of you as the "token christian bloke" round these parts.

anyway. sorry about that. my grandmother, who used to be very close to me, is currently fading away in a rather undignified manner and it is very difficult to endure, for me and the rest of her family, and no doubt for her. i could only imagine what a HUGE problem the realization that this sort of thing is allowed would be for me if i had any belief in a benevolent god.

Brand Blanshard said:
We are told that with God all things are possible. If so, it was possible for him to create a world in which the vast mass of suffering that is morally pointless - the pain and misery of animals, the cancer and blindness of little children, the humiliations of senility and insanity - were avoided. These are apparently inflictions of the Creator himself. If you admit that, you deny his goodness; if you say he could not have done otherwise, you deny that with him all things are possible.

either true morality is VERY DIFFERENT from that god instilled in man for seemingly innocent people to deserve this sort of torture, or he is just one cruel motherfucker. were i a religious man i would likely side with the gnostics on this one. fuck you, yaldabaoth.

That is, strictly speaking, if you are referring to a personal god.

Jeff, I am sorry to hear about your loss. I assume this to be the reason for your hiatus during '08. Respect.

it's all good. she got to see her first grandchild and my sister get married. now it's all about keeping my dad busy and his mind occupied, but i cant imagine going to an empty house that you shared with the same person for 38 years

cancer is a bitch. but yeah, at first i was angry at <name of all knowing being>, then i realized that's just wasted energy and that no all loving being would allow that to happen, least of all to a very devout christian like my mother was (then again, this god does seem to like to watch his followers suffer...i mean he told a whale to swallow jonah!), but oh well.

i guess you dont really sit down and honestly contemplate something like this until it hits home. im pretty emotionally detached to stuff like death and such (so says my wife), but just knowing i had left the hospice just 40 minutes before she died is like a punch in the gut. then again, maybe she waited for me to leave. who knows?

that's all i have to say about that.