• Yes

Votes: 65 86.7%
  • No

Votes: 7 9.3%
  • I used to, not anymore

Votes: 3 4.0%

• Total voters
Guitar: 3 ½ Years (know it pretty good)
Drums: A half year (still got a loot left to learn, even when talking about basics)
Bass: From time to time, quite ok, don't practise though
Keys: Absolutely blow. Gotta learn some day.
Vox: Njaw, they aren't that good actually.

bangadrian said:
of course everyone here is a musician - opeth is music for musicians. it would be hard for someone who is not a musician to appreciate opeth, because all they would concentrate on would be the death growls, and they'd be like "this sucks, its just the same thing for 10 minutes."

i'm not saying that no one who doesn't play an instrument can like opeth, but it's rare.

I disagree.

I think people who get into the metal underground are usually so passionate about music that they play an instrument. I don't really know anyone who loves underground metal but just listens to it. I know one or two people who don't mind it but to be really into it I think you've gotta play something.

I knew there'd be a lot of musicians here, just wanted to see how many exactly.

Judas Pissed said:
I think people who get into the metal underground are usually so passionate about music that they play an instrument. I don't really know anyone who loves underground metal but just listens to it. I know one or two people who don't mind it but to be really into it I think you've gotta play something.

I knew there'd be a lot of musicians here, just wanted to see how many exactly.
It's true, that. I woudln't be playing guitar or bass right now if i didn't listen to Opeth and any other underground type bands, and vice versa. Honestly, once you're truely passionate about any music style, chances are you'll want to play it too.

As I said, I play guitar (about 2 years), bass (3+), and i played violin until grade 7 (not sure how many years, but less than 7 since i skipped about 2 or 3 grades and completed some of them in half a year) and had a weeny bit of time on piano but now i've forgotten almost everything about it :p.

started playing guitar at the age of 9, but never really practiced until the age of about 18. Now I get 21.

I also play drums, but cannot play complicated rhythms already.

I started playing flute at age 7 for two years.

I can also handle the piano a bit (like playing beatles let it be ;) ).

Every guitarist can play the bass a little bit, so do I.

Guitar for about 6 or 7 years now........about at least 2 hours per day.....and composing all songs for my band called "Thy Withering".........vocs just for myself since I can sing