Ask KIUAS

I sent email already, but I think that's a lot of easier way to ask things when I noticed this :) I didn't read this thread's all messages and I don't know has someone already asked the question.

So, umm. I'm just asking that where do you get inspirations or ideas to your lyrics? This question has been made mainly for Mikko Ilmarinen :)

EDIT: And the second question: Who sings your background vocals?

EDIT2: Do you know what time you are going to play in Salo Metal Festivals 22.7? And which stage?

A Question for Atte:

I have a KORG TRITON EXTREME, can you tell me what kind of sounds do you use in your performances, and if you have some tips to make some good sound by my self?

Thanks a lot. Now i'm going to listen Reformation... ;)

Mikko Ilmarinen said:
Ok, it's ALMOST CERTAIN that we will be playing at the afterparty on either friday on saturday, but hold on just a little bit longer,...we'll confirm it soon!:kickass: :headbang:

just read it on the tuska-webiste:

LAUANTAI 1.7.
Gloria, 8e, S/k-18:
Insomnium
Kiuas
Enter My Silence
Omnium Gatherum

:headbang:

gt_master said:
I sent email already, but I think that's a lot of easier way to ask things when I noticed this :) I didn't read this thread's all messages and I don't know has someone already asked the question.

So, umm. I'm just asking that where do you get inspirations or ideas to your lyrics? This question has been made mainly for Mikko Ilmarinen :)

EDIT: And the second question: Who sings your background vocals?

EDIT2: Do you know what time you are going to play in Salo Metal Festivals 22.7? And which stage?

There's another thread about the lyrics, check that out!

Ilja sings his own backing vox on the records, live the rest of us do it.

No idea about Salo yet...but see you there!:headbang:

The song "Bleeding Strings" on the new album is absolutely stellar, but I couldn't help noticing that it sounds like it's about someone in particular. Is that the case, and if so, who is it?

TheWhaleShark said:
The song "Bleeding Strings" on the new album is absolutely stellar, but I couldn't help noticing that it sounds like it's about someone in particular. Is that the case, and if so, who is it?

I do believe it is about Dimebag Darrel.

And I must say the new album is awesome. Reformation gave me chills when the Discipline of Steel part came in.

Just wanted to ask kiuas members...do you have any intentions to come to the Metal Camp 2007 in Tolmin, SLO, or even here in CRo? i really like your music it's very sick...i like it ;)so...

Just wanted to ask kiuas members...do you have any intentions to come to the Metal Camp 2007 in Tolmin, SLO, or even here in CRo? i really like your music it's very sick...i like it ;)so...

It would be awesome to see Kiuas in some festivals this summer yeah! :kickass:

hello there kiuas, you darn good metal makers. don't stop using all your cool classical guitar things, i love those. some of my favorite songs by you guys are.. across the snows and thorn of the black rose. and the north star cried as well. but just make sure when you popular you don't become gay like HIM did and start to sound like crap. i believe in you kiuas. i love you.

hi guys me you twice now since i arrived in tampere if you can sort somwething out are you willing to come play some shows in england.

cheers andy

Hey Kiuas,
So I was thinking that you guys should try to get on as openers or something for Sonata Arctica's North American tour in the fall. That would be super rad, and they used to be on Spinefarm and you're on Spinefarm so there must be a way right, guys? ;)

P.S. I have no idea about how the touring business works and this is simply a pipe dream, but I thought I'd throw it out there because a Kiuas/Sonata Arctica show would blow the hinges off my walls.

iv been wondering since i first saw kiuas what the intro track to there live set is called.is it buy kiuas/ writen for kiuas or what.

cheers

iv been wondering since i first saw kiuas what the intro track to there live set is called.is it buy kiuas/ writen for kiuas or what.

cheers

I'm pretty certain that the tune Kiuas introduces itself with is the ol' n might theme from Conan the Barbarian. :worship:

I hope this fantastic tradition hasn't been discarded in the future shows (in particular the one in the Rocks)?

For some time (about 6 months) they have been playing a theme from one of the Monty Phyton films, can't remember which. Good ol' Anvil of Crom can be found from Conan the Barbarian Soundtrack