ASK MATT

We did once play at a university end of year ball and the stage was set up directly outside the kitchen i think, the kitchen may even have been our dressing room. Drunk students everywhere. I think the PA blew half way through and we never even noticed.

Ha! That's horrible.

Getting a PS4/XB1 anytime soon, Matt? I was looking at the launch title list yesterday and thought to myself "Why the hell do I need a PS4 anytime soon? There are literally no games I want for it until next year at the earliest."

Strangely enough, I had a dream about seeing Evile last night. It was in like, a high school cafeteria. :lol: But it was also looked like half my job. Which was really weird. Dreams are just weird in general.

Keenan, I hope I never get to see what's within your subconscious. :lol:

On a separate note, Matt, ever gotten into a fight with Ben before? Doesn't have to be physical (but I'd bet Dave'll like that hohoho) but figure since you two known each other for so long you probably have.

I was going to say! I don't think he'd be here if it was physical :lol: No offense Matt, but y'know - never fight a man with a Bret "The Hitman" Hart tattoo.

EDIT - AND is as big as Ben.

yep ive got a ps4 pre-ordered. i know the xbox one has better launch titles but i just simply prefer the playstation, there isn't much between them really but i just..... want the playstation more. i can't wait to get my hands on battlefield 4 for it. It's a shame watchdogs got pushed back though....

Never got into an actual fight with ben, but i have to be honest, he almost hit me once about 5 years ago because i can wind him up really well. Bless him he's a sensitive man, but i know full well he would rip me to bloody pieces if i ever went TOO far so i know when to stop. The only reason he doesn't hit me is because we've known each other so long, i think that may be my only protection actually haha. so kind of the opposite of what you thought there.

Anyway, i'm not a fighter........... i'm a gamer.

Never got into an actual fight with ben, but i have to be honest, he almost hit me once about 5 years ago because i can wind him up really well. Bless him he's a sensitive man, but i know full well he would rip me to bloody pieces if i ever went TOO far so i know when to stop. The only reason he doesn't hit me is because we've known each other so long, i think that may be my only protection actually haha. so kind of the opposite of what you thought there.

Anyway, i'm not a fighter........... i'm a gamer.

Ahhh, see, I can imagine you being a bit of a smart arse and winding him up haha. I'm not too different myself to be honest, a total non-fighter who has a bunch of friends who'd surely kick my ass but go too far back for them to ever do anything.

Also, even though I'm not a gamer - playstation > xbox (BUT I think megadrives > both :loco:)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have one, what's your favourite metal album of the year so far? (Yes, it can be SKULL! haha)

I was pretty disappointed about the Watchdogs delay too. Hopefully they make use of this time to make it even better than it looks (which is already pretty damn great).

Did you play The Last of Us, Matt? Or Beyond : Two Souls? In my honest opinion, they're probably two of the best games I've ever played.

I'm also kinda curious to see what your favorite metal album this year is. Mine's the new Dream Theater album. I'm biased. :lol:

Can't imagine Ben hitting anyone out of legitimate anger, he's one of the softest buggers I've ever met. Even though he punched me really, really fucking hard in the nuts last time I saw him.

So Matt, there are a lot of films and games being remade these days. A lot of which are shit or generally didn't need a reboot in the first place - so provided that it was done correctly, which films (or games for that matter) would you say deserve a top-notch revival?

So Matt, I saw on Facebook that Evile is looking for a new guitarist. Those are some huge shows to fill. What qualities are you looking for in the new guy?

Also, what new 2013 metal albums have you been listening to?

If Evile are looking for an absolutely quality guitarist who can handle absolutely anything I'd really recommend Ross from Risen Prophecy. He's utterly brilliant, one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet and he's from the north of England too!

If my memory serves me correctly, Matt and the guys were going through the applications they've received on Friday (just gone) ... so maybe we'll have some news on it in the next few weeks or whatever.

It won't be the same without Ol, but I really hope that get someone worthy to fill his place.

I love them too and certainly wouldn't want to see the end of them but if we're talking of people suitable to fill Ol's boots then Ross has got the chops, he's an utter, utter demon and he lives near enough for it to work. And he's a super duper nice chap!

Keenan: Last of Us was amazing, i never thought the most memorable part of a game would be the bit where you stroke a giraffe......... I'm going to get beyond two souls after xmas when it's down in price, Heavy Rain was brilliant though so anything that comes from David Cage will get played by me.

Dave: Cyber City Oedo 808 could be an amazing live action film if done right, as for remakes nothing springs to mind really, i'm not completely against them, because when they're done right you get amazing results (The Thing) it just seems a shame that studios are grabbing anything that has a name that people will recognise to be able to pull some money in. We need investment in new writers/directors etc that have something interesting to give.

Best metal album of 2013?? No idea. I haven't listened to any new albums this year.

Matt, if Arjen Lucassen would ask you to sing in his next album, would you do it? I was just watching couple of those making of documents from last albums, specially 01011001 has great "cast" (Jorn Lande, Hansi Kursch, Anneke Van Giesbergen, Floor Jansen etc etc) and thought that it would be kind of cool to hear what Arjen could do with you.