Ask The Band Thread

Folklore said:
Welcome in Tank !!!
Im very happy to see a first Slovanian OL fan aboard !!!
Thanks! :)
Yeah i've been registered here for a while but never actually posted :erk:
I can't even tell you how much i love OL ... an amazing band they are :worship:
All the credit goes out to two of my great friends from Israel who introduced me to the band :D

Well i'm doing the best i can to introduce them to as many people as possible :headbang:

TankKiller said:
Thanks! :)
Yeah i've been registered here for a while but never actually posted :erk:
I can't even tell you how much i love OL ... an amazing band they are :worship:
All the credit goes out to two of my great friends from Israel who introduced me to the band :D

Well i'm doing the best i can to introduce them to as many people as possible :headbang:

Ziga!!! :wave: I just registered! :D Great to see you here ;)

I am very curious about the usual set list from the band... do the band plays lots of songs from the previous albums or is more concentrated on the Mabool album???
tx

Hi Tankkiller,
My current gig gear is based on Line6 Stomp boxes (Distortion and Modultaion Delay), I think they're ok for most uses, I played with POD some time, you can get good results with it, but I found it lacks some "authenticism" in the sounds, too digital maybe. I'm sure there are others here who can comment about this instrument.

Yossi_Orphaned_Land said:
Hi Tankkiller,
My current gig gear is based on Line6 Stomp boxes (Distortion and Modultaion Delay), I think they're ok for most uses, I played with POD some time, you can get good results with it, but I found it lacks some "authenticism" in the sounds, too digital maybe. I'm sure there are others here who can comment about this instrument.
Thanks for the answer Yossi :) I'll check it out some more before i decide if i'll go for it or not :)

"The Orphaned medley" in the bonus cd includs not only traditional material, if at all. it is more of a medley formed from some riffs from all of our songs that could be played acoustically. One riff was taken from the song "Joy" from El Norra Alilam, and this song has a more traditional vibe to it, but it's an original piece really.

what the band opipion of the greman metal band rammstein? becuse my rabbi and my parent hate it when listen i listen to greman music what your opipion on that too?

Yossi and all of you, how did you like the gig in Belgrade?remember, you said that you usually don't play an anchor, but you did it here! :worship: :headbang:
COME BACK AGAIN!!! :hotjump:

Hi Orphaned Land, greetings from Norway here :)

When you were in Norway I wasn't old enough to attend the gig, but I know someone who did attend it, and he said it rocked!

I would like too know:
*Have you enjoyed your tour with Paradise Lost? Must have been fun to almost be over all of Europe :) ! Even Norway!
*Do you enjoy playing live, or?
*What are your plans after the end of the tour. Relax? New album?
*When are you going to studio again? Have you already som materiale finished, or are you thinking of doing another concept album like Mabool again?
*When do you think we might be able too see a dvd of Orphaned Land in the future? (Your guessabout this cause ;) )

Sorry for the many questions, I just wonder!
Hope the questions won't take up to much of your spare time if you bother to answer!, but it would be nice if you did :)
The Kiss Of Babylon (The Sins) are my favourite track on Mabool btw! I love the chanting which is in the song!
*Nananana*, I sing it at school all day long :p! People must think im nuts!
Take care you guys! :)

Well of course I can wait, I didn't mean to get them to answer me as they still were on their tour!

The guys need respect for what they do, damn do they rock, their music is so touchy, so extraordinaire, i've never heard of anything like it, it's just so powerful, catchy, different, how on earth they made their music, the style, im out of words, when I first heard Orphaned Land, i didn't believe my ears at all, it still hasn't come up to me!
These guys has a true gift of making music, so special, it's so new-thinking, nothing will ever be able to be compared with Orphaned Land, if so, that's a rare happening, I for one almost doubt that it's gonna happen, Orphaned Land will rule this genre (their own genre !) forever ! :worship:
The style of your music, mixing of genres, lovely vocals, good shit! Ooh, soo brilliant! :headbang:
Mabool is a true masterpice, still can't get over it , need to check out the first albums soon, but I guess Mabool will be stuck on my brain forever into eternity !! :hotjump:

Kobi, Eden, Avi, Uri, Matti and Yossi, you guys:
Take care, hope you will answer my questions once your'e back after the tour sometime, if you got some spare time!
I really would appreaciate if you would answer me! Thanks alot on forehand! :D
Take care!