Ask The Band Thread

Head_Banger said:
[...]Mabool is a true masterpice, still can't get over it , need to check out the first albums soon, but I guess Mabool will be stuck on my brain forever into eternity !! :hotjump: [...]
Keep a place for Sahara cause you'll get a second shock :D

Here are some answers for your questions, Head banger:

*Have you enjoyed your tour with Paradise Lost?
> The tour with Paradise Lost was awesome! The whole crew were amazing, very nice people. I joined only somewhere in the middle and didn't play at Oslo, but I visited Norway in the past and it's a beautiful country. Oslo is cool, Bergen is breath-taking, Trondheim was very nice as well, and some more..
*Do you enjoy playing live?
> Of course. Although I personally am very fond of the studio work - I thrive in the studio, both at the planning stage and in the making.
*What are your plans after the end of the tour. Relax? New album?
> More shows... this is the current plan. we're already confirmed for at least 5 more shows/festivals worldwide.
*When are you going to studio again? Have you already som materiale finished, or are you thinking of doing another concept album like Mabool again?
> We have some material ready indeed, but we're not sure yet how the concept will be, if it'll be a concept album at all.
*When do you think we might be able too see a dvd of Orphaned Land in the future?
> There will be a DVD, I cannot comment on a final release date

Some questions

1. Do you protect your ears? If yes, what system do you use as protection? (I am very interested in this point. I must say my girlfriend couldn't come to see you cause she cannot go anymore to concerts because of an auditive trauma)
2. A very cool event on the tour? :)
3. A very not cool event on the tour ? :D

1. Do you protect your ears?
> Yes, but usually not during the show itself. I use custom sylicon-made devices to block my ears during soundcheck, rehearsals and shows of others that I see. it is unique in a way that it only drops the decibles (less volume) but preserves certain frequencies of your choice (mids, highs etc)

2. A very cool event on the tour?
> There were many of those, I guess one example is our day off at Barcelona.

3. A very not cool event on the tour ?
> When Matti's wallet was stolen

Yossi_Orphaned_Land said:
1. Do you protect your ears?
> Yes, but usually not during the show itself. I use custom sylicon-made devices to block my ears during soundcheck, rehearsals and shows of others that I see. it is unique in a way that it only drops the decibles (less volume) but preserves certain frequencies of your choice (mids, highs etc)
I have the same kind of filtered silicon protection (with 20dB reduction, I know there is 5dB and 15dB filters). This is indeed really excellent to keep the overall frequencies at the same level.

Yossi_Orphaned_Land said:
3. A very not cool event on the tour ?
> When Matti's wallet was stolen
wow :err: :-(

Orphaned Matti said:
Ah never mind... I only had 500 Euros there, My 100 Euro sunglasses, My cellphone, and my credit card. Nothing of real value...
500 Euros :OMG: It is hole salary in Poland... o_O Better lost some money then get hurt... This is one good thing that you are ok!!
It isn`t so bad, in 80`s Runnig Wild were at Metalmania Festival in Katowice... somebody has stolen all their equipment... even their jackets :tickled:

UP ! :D

Who's the one that does the solo on "The Storm Still Rages" ? I must say the part between 2:56 and 4:00 is terrible. Reminds me of a mix of Slash for the feeling (Estranged) and Joe Satriani for the vibrato stuff and some harmonies.

Congrats !

(by writing this, I suspect this is Yossi, specially for the Satriani influence :tickled: )